GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow if that's true. I always thought they could tell LE but LE could only tell them he was fine but did not want to be contacted, or something similar. Think of all the wasted money it would cost for all the searches and investigation s.

Agreed. And I don’t know, if the police call, what is said to them. (I’m in Marketing, so I don’t deal with anything like that). Just wondering if the parents are not being told because TC doesn’t want them to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suppose if he was sick that day, and only going to work for his meeting with a supervisor, maybe he was concerned about driving while taking certain medications. It would seem that he would be someone with a particular awareness to that situation. Perhaps, if he where taking an Uber home for instance, the building may have an service exit only door that was not covered by surveillance cameras normally found on the other doors etc.

There was a similar thread I've followed a couple of weeks ago and the man called 911 and hung up then was missing. His car was later found which seemed suspicious but he was found alive in hospital really I'll with the flu. I can't think of his name.
This is the situation I'm hoping for here but I'm thinking it could be mental illness/break that he may of had.

BBM

If it was Joshua Thiede, he was NOT found with the flu in a hospital.. He was found in distress in Koreatown and TAKEN to the hospital. (Probably a mental break - it hasn't been reported).

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-joshua-thiede-found-20180220-story.html

His thread here: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...shua-Thiede-29-Los-Angeles-11-Feb-2018/page21

I admit, I also wondered (JUST MUSING, NOT SAYING OR ACCUSING ANYONE) if the neighbor had been "bullying" him in texts. But then I also think the idea of a text raises so many variables and possibilities. Anyone can send one from a phone. Sarcasm, tone of voice doesn't convey, etc.

ETA: and please remember that LE knows a lot more than we do, and that details are still coming out such that things become clearer with each report, timelines firmed up, details confirmed/added...

You know, I watched the news conference. It’s odd to me that the LEO walked thru the day, mentioning the phone call with his sister, the attempted call to his mom, and said that was the last known contact, never mentioning the neighbor. Then, in the q&a, someone asked about the neighbor’s text, and the LEO said something like, ‘Yeah, that did happen.’ Soooo...why didn’t he mention it when he was walking thru the day? And when was that text in the chronology? (IIRC, the neighbor said it happened the day of his disappearance.)

You know, I watched the news conference. It’s odd to me that the LEO walked thru the day, mentioning the phone call with his sister, the attempted call to his mom, and said that was the last known contact, never mentioning the neighbor. Then, in the q&a, someone asked about the neighbor’s text, and the LEO said something like, ‘Yeah, that did happen.’ Soooo...why didn’t he mention it when he was walking thru the day? And when was that text in the chronology? (IIRC, the neighbor said it happened the day of his disappearance.)

According to the Washington Post article I just read, that happened the day before he went missing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-promotion-police-say/?utm_term=.6634082a4684

"Cunningham's neighbor, Viviana Tory, reported an odd encounter between her husband and Cunningham the day before he disappeared.

“He told my husband to tell his wife — me — to erase his cellphone number from my cellphone,” she told CBS."

Other news articles such as the one linked to below have said that Cunningham's communication with the neighbor happened the day before he disappeared or "in the days" before he disappeared.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ne-number-day-before-disappearance/380422002/

@Gussified. Good point regarding text message w/ neighbor at the press conference. I also picked up that and found it very odd. It seemed as though LE was going to totally avoid discussion about the text if it wasn't brought up by reporters.

With LEO confirming there was a text message sent but not adding it to the timeline, I'm now wondering if they're not adding it because they can't confirm it was Tim sending that text message? Also, to me--the wording of the text and that it was sent to the husband...It makes me think possibly Tim was mad or upset at the wife. Otherwise, why wouldn't he just tell her to "delete his number"? Also, maybe the text or potential issue with the wife has nothing to do with Tim being missing, and that's why LEO didn't want to add it to their timeline...

I see that TC adores his dog. I know his family stated he would never leave his dog. I have to say as a fellow dog owner who loves her dogs, I don't think the way he left his dog was worrisome to him. If he did self-harm, he probably convinced himself even his dog would be better off. TC is very close to his family and he had a high-profile job. He knew his family would quickly get to his house and dog. The dog wouldn't be left alone for very long. His job would alert others too. It may not make sense to us but suicide is a deceiver and can be very convincing. Those thoughts are hard to turn off.

There was a girl who went missing a few years ago and her family stated the same thing. She left her dogs and was having a breakdown. She was found safe away from home. I think sometimes a mental breakdown has knee-jerk reactions that aren't thought about long-term. Bo is so cute! I am sure he is missing his TC so much.

With LEO confirming there was a text message sent but not adding it to the timeline, I'm now wondering if they're not adding it because they can't confirm it was Tim sending that text message? Also, to me--the wording of the text and that it was sent to the husband...It makes me think possibly Tim was mad or upset at the wife. Otherwise, why wouldn't he just tell her to "delete his number"? Also, maybe the text or potential issue with the wife has nothing to do with Tim being missing, and that's why LEO didn't want to add it to their timeline...

My thoughts exactly. It is wise to only state confirmed facts at this point; the text message is unconfirmed with Tim as author. Also, to bring up the neighbor thing would be suggestive. Most when hearing about that would immediately jump to conclusions, that he knew he would go missing. I was very tempted. Good judgment on the part of LEO not to mention that. Or perhaps if they had, to qualify it.

Regarding the missing videos, I'm very surprised that they don't have security cameras on exits considering how secure the facility is. Of course, entries are more important, but still. In fact, I work in the area and took a picture of the CDC at around 3pm that day (that TC went missing, Feb 12th) to show a friend the disgusting black smoke coming from the smoke stack for their power plant, and in the picture there are two security guards just on that random side of the building that I was next to. It is a very secure facility, so I'm incredulous. Next time I'm on that street, I'll take a slow drive past one of the exits to see if I can find cameras pointing at it. (No, there's nothing special about the picture otherwise, believe me I very thoroughly checked that when I realized it was that day. )

The only question I’d want to ask the neighbour is “did you get on ok, had you had run ins via text” pity the reporter didn’t at least ask that.
He may have been PO with neighbour and was saying “ don’t waste your time trying to text me now, I’m out of here”
If there were issues with the next door neighbour, my first thoughts would be barking dog, loud music or visitors blocking your driveway if there was one.

Has it been stated that LE is investigating anything else about his phone activity? I wonder if it will be difficult since there is no evidence yet of foul play. I actually woke up in the middle of the night last night with him on my mind, specifically his phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion;the major clue is when he told his neighbor to erase his number from her phone. It seems as if he did not want to be trased,or anyone to know he was in contact with the neighbor. "I think they need to look within".

He could also be fleeing some type of trouble,or danger.

It also seems that he could be with someone,or some body picked him up,maybe willingly or unwillingly.

I think they need to go hard in there search,since a lot of time has lapsed.

The first few day's are crucial.

my heart is with Bo/Mr. Bojangles/Beau (I've seen it both ways) and his family and friends at this point... (but especially that dog, who is elderly already. Dogs grieve, don't doubt it for one second. And no one can explain to him what's going on...)

it's been now SIXTEEN DAYS and my hearts breaks for those who know and love and laugh and share and care and rely upon this man and all that he has to offer.

I wonder if he hinted to his family on Sunday that he was suicidal, he strikes me as the type of person who would leave a suicide note, unless he thought it unnecessary as they knew exactly how he felt.
I don’t think he had any intention of staying at work that last day, possibly just returning stuff.
I can see him not wanting to kill himself near Bo, still think he will be found in the near neighbourhood.
May be rumor...please if anyone knows correct me...if I am wrong. It was stated somewhere that day he left about taking work home or working from home? Again that shows he is devoted to his work.
Just wanted to add I have really only read from here but I need a "good nights sleep" so I could have confused or imagined it.

Tim is so accomplished that I keep thinking he is an older man gone missing. He is only 35! He is young, healthy and not a suicide risk (according to his family), not previously involved in drugs or criminal activity (so far as we know). So why is he missing? Does he have a wife and/or kids? He has a great career ahead of him. I pray he is in a hospital somewhere and just hasn't been able to tell doctors his name yet. Or maybe he had a midlife crisis and needed a break-- is 35 too young for that? He has an awesome career but maybe the recent promotion had him stressed. Maybe he is afraid of not living up to expectations of him in his new job. Or maybe the job led to stress in his personal life-- not enough time to spend with loved ones leads to interpersonal conflicts. Brilliant people like him often throw themselves into their work at the exclusion of all other things. Maybe he reached his breaking point (or someone else did first). Please be found safe, Tim! :please:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that he has been smart enough to simply walk away rather than to off himself. He will contact his family when he can. The fact that he called his mom immediately after being told why no promotion tells me that. Most of us have family members or friends with whom we do that. His father was also obviously keeping track of his comments and behavior of late. That's a great dad. I hope that Tim is in contact with both his mom and dad soon.

BBM

If it was Joshua Thiede, he was NOT found with the flu in a hospital.. He was found in distress in Koreatown and TAKEN to the hospital. (Probably a mental break - it hasn't been reported).

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-joshua-thiede-found-20180220-story.html

His thread here: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...shua-Thiede-29-Los-Angeles-11-Feb-2018/page21
I'm glad you posted that. I'd stopped reading on page 13 once the friends said they had found him in hospital out of it on drugs. Reading on now I realise that was reported wrong and the police had found him that day and took him the hospital. They made it sound like he was I'll and taking drugs In hospital since he's been missing.
That will teach me to not stop reading even though it seems like an happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett