GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he did have the flu, that could be a good reason for having the windows open in the bathroom and laundry room IMO.

Did Tim have a landline in his house?

If he did was anything found nearby, like a written note with a name or phone number?

Can you expand upon your thoughts? Do you think he was ambushed or kidnapped or something? The police have reported no signs of foul play at the house. Two windows were open (one in the bathroom and one in the laundry room), but all of Tim's personal belongings were found in the home.

I know police report no signs of foul play, but that is still a real possibility. The timing of his disappearance and that bogus article that was published using his name is a real concern. Money is the root of most evil. Hoping you are understanding me. Thanks.

I know police report no signs of foul play, but that is still a real possibility. The timing of his disappearance and that bogus article that was published using his name is a real concern. Money is the root of most evil. Hoping you are understanding me. Thanks.

Okay, I see your point that just because there weren't obvious signs of foul play, doesn't mean there wasn't foul play. We don't even know for certain if Tim disappeared from his house, but that is what is believed. He could have been intercepted on a walk or something.

Okay, I see your point that just because there weren't obvious signs of foul play, doesn't mean there wasn't foul play. We don't even know for certain if Tim disappeared from his house, but that is what is believed. He could have been intercepted on a walk or something.

Wondering if LE checked for any cameras in his neighborhood that might show him walking or traveling in a vehicle? Would think if he went out for a walk, he would have taken his keys to get back in to his home. This is just so perplexing. I guess he didnt have any security cameras at his front door or porch that might show something. Sickening, really.

I saw on the news that a severe rain storm is coming through that area tonight or tomorrow and through SC where I live. I'm hoping it doesn't ruin flyers hanging up and discourage people from looking for him. This situation has been weighing heavy on my mind. I can't imagine how his family feels :(

Can he get to the woods directly from the back of his house?

With LEO confirming there was a text message sent but not adding it to the timeline, I'm now wondering if they're not adding it because they can't confirm it was Tim sending that text message? Also, to me--the wording of the text and that it was sent to the husband...It makes me think possibly Tim was mad or upset at the wife. Otherwise, why wouldn't he just tell her to "delete his number"? Also, maybe the text or potential issue with the wife has nothing to do with Tim being missing, and that's why LEO didn't want to add it to their timeline...

It was not a text but rather an exchange of words. : )

"Chris Torry, a neighbor of Cunningham’s, told FOX5 Atlanta the CDC employee made an unusual request a few days before he disappeared.

"My wife and him swapped phone numbers…[On] Saturday, Tim called over to me from across the way and told me to take his number out of her phone. It seemed a bit strange," Torry recalled."

Can he get to the woods directly from the back of his house?

Yes, there is a wooded area behind Cunningham's house. It appears to contain couple of small streambeds in it. Based on the satellite picture, it isn't a huge area. One part is about 500 feet by 1000 feet, and another part is around 1000 feet by 1000 feet -- and then one comes to roads and buildings. I'm guessing that's the area that has been searched. There are other wooded areas nearby.

It was not a text but rather an exchange of words. : )

"Chris Torry, a neighbor of Cunningham’s, told FOX5 Atlanta the CDC employee made an unusual request a few days before he disappeared.

"My wife and him swapped phone numbers…[On] Saturday, Tim called over to me from across the way and told me to take his number out of her phone. It seemed a bit strange," Torry recalled."

Thank you! Finally some reporting on when and how Cunningham asked the neighbor to tell his wife to delete his phone number from her phone. It even has a clip of the neighbor.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/2...ghbor-to-delete-phone-number-reports-say.html

I'm somewhat new to this site and read and read quite a bit but it seems like there is so many missing people unfortunately. I was wondering... Has there ever been a case where someone disappeared for a short time and they had cash that was put away (at their house) and they used it to basically hide? I know hotels want an ID to stay in a room but maybe there is a way to get around that. I'm grasping here but I think it's possible for a successful person to tuck away money and have it at their house for an emergency.

A "news article" from a hoax news site claimed that an unnamed CDC doctor had said that. The article has been debunked.
https://www.snopes.com/did-cdc-flu-shot-causing-outbreak/

A subsequent article from the same site exploited Cunningham's disappearance to claim that he was the doctor who made the statements, which presumably were made up by the hoax news site.
https://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/...r-did-not-claim-flu-shot-caused-outbreak.html

Thank you for posting those articles. I was about to look for them to post as well. It is important for people to realize that the hoax and false claims were around at least a month BEFORE he went missing. It wasn’t until after he was missing that the site used his name. IMO they took advantage of the situation and used the name of someone who was missing to gain more clicks and further themselves. The article trying to use the severity of the flu this year for gain is bad enough, but taking advantage of an opportunity when a family is dealing with a missing loved one is absolutely horrid. I feel for Timothy’s family. It is bad enough they are dealing with the reality that their child is missing. Now they are having to deal with his name being linked to a hoax that could damage his reputation.

Next person who brings up an already debunked and stupid conspiracy about Timothy will be banned.

In case anyone is wondering, Tricia is serious.

Don't go down this road again, folks.

Cunningham's neighbor, Viviana Tory, reported an odd encounter between her husband and Cunningham the day before he disappeared.

"He told my husband to tell his wife - me - to erase his cellphone number from my cellphone," she told CBS.

O'Connor confirmed the claim and told reporters he would follow up, but he had few details about its significance. Police spokesman D.T. Hannah told The Washington Post that no further information was available on Wednesday.

"The most unusual factor in this case is that every single belonging that we are aware of was located in the residence," O'Connor told reporters on Tuesday. "His keys, his cellphone, credit cards, debit cards, wallet, all of his identification, passports. Anything you could think of, we've been able to locate. None of those items are missing."

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/The-CDC-researcher-who-mysteriously-vanished-had-12716607.php

"I am using the skills I have to improve and help the lives of others," Cunningham told the Atlanta Business Chronicle in November.

But now, the Harvard graduate has vanished without a trace.

[...]

Leonte Benton, 33, a friend who met Cunningham they met through a young professionals group in Atlanta several years ago, told ABC News he is very worried.

"This is an extremely unusual set of circumstances," Maj. Michael O'Connor of the Atlanta Police told reporters Tuesday.

http://www.wbal.com/article/297472/...aid-he-was-trying-to-help-the-lives-of-others

Anterio Cunningham, 41, his older brother, said the disappearance “totally goes against not just our core principles as a family but also his personality.”

Commander Cunningham was the kind of person who sent people handwritten notes and encouraged his siblings to excel at school, he said.

The family says that they have no idea what might have happened, but that they are trying to stay positive. For now, there are more questions than answers.

“This is just so out of the realm of, I don’t know,” Anterio Cunningham said, his voice trailing off.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.html

Although they live in different states — Ms. Cunningham in Fayetteville, N.C., and her brother in Atlanta — they are best friends and it is not unusual for them to talk multiple times a day, she said. But their brief phone conversation on Feb. 12 was a little different from most.

“He sounded not like himself,” she said, without elaborating. They ended the conversation the way they always do: “Love you. I’ll talk to you later.”

When she texted him later, she didn’t get a response. Neither did her mother, who tried to contact him that afternoon.

“That was really weird,” Ms. Cunningham said, adding that she was “devastated” by her brother’s absence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member