GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Tim's parents tonight on CNN with Don Lemon and they are being so cagey. I am not suggesting anything other than LE is telling them not to share what they know which makes me wonder why even bother going on air? They did say there was an internet rumor that Tim was a whistleblower who was blowing the whistle that the flu shot is a hoax. They said that is false. What a weird rumor! They also said there is no sign of foul play. Again, if there is no sign of foul play why is LE muzzling them?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Reading some other people's posts and I gotta say this man does not have the flu. If he did he would be in a hospital. No flu!

Watching Tim's parents tonight on CNN with Don Lemon and they are being so cagey. I am not suggesting anything other than LE is telling them not to share what they know which makes me wonder why even bother going on air? They did say there was an internet rumor that Tim was a whistleblower who was blowing the whistle that the flu shot is a hoax. They said that is false. What a weird rumor! They also said there is no sign of foul play. Again, if there is no sign of foul play why is LE muzzling them?

Most families of missing persons will always take any airtime offered to them. If it keeps their missing loved one in the news cycle, they will do it. Mostly these families are not used to appearing on TV, or speaking to journalists. It must be very difficult for them. I don't know about LE muzzling them, but you could be right. I'm sure LE has looked at Tim's phone, and any laptops/computers he has. They likely know a lot. Personally, I am stumped. jmo

It must have been important to text his mum at 5.21 am. What a shame he didn’t ring, she must feel bad. Hopefully it’s some comfort to her to know his sister did speak to him after that.

Under the circumstances what powers do the police have?
On the surface an adult has vanished, no crime appears to have been committed, can the police request his cell phone information and get into his computer, bank accounts etc?

Agree with you esldanmac..... I'd be shocked if he had the flu. If he did have the flu, being an otherwise healthy person, he'd be at a fairly low risk of becoming gravely ill, but it could happen. Those at highest risk for severe illness or death are young kids, elderly, and persons who are immunocompromised. If Tim left to get medical care, he'd need some form of payment & insurance card.... wonder if those things were located at home. I'm still going with a mental health breakdown or perhaps he is somewhere in a facility and hasn't been identified yet. I agree, LE and parents know a lot more than they are revealing, and rightfully so. Being 2 weeks out and saying foul play is not suspected, someone has some strong evidence /clues /hunches of what may have happened. Really pulling for a positive outcome here, but concerned. Tim's family and many others obviously love and respect him, I hope he knows that. Hoping there are answers soon.

Wow the more I read about Timothy the more impressed I am. He obviously does important work for his community and cares about people. Stay strong Tim and know that many people miss you and need you back. I believe he has not met with foul play and is missing of his own accord. I am praying he is just taking a mental health break. Love to you Timothy. Xo

In my opinion, based on the frequency of their phone/text convos, and especially a few specific comments that the family has made recently that struck me as odd, I would consider his family to be more “enmeshed” than “close.” His mother saying that he needs to come back because he “competes their circle” and a few days ago saying something along the lines him breaking the family “rules” (not an exact quote, “tendencies” may be a better word than “rules”) by not keeping in constant contact. I know of families like that. Just... strange. To word things the way they have. My inlaws are that way. My husband was the first to break away and start his own family and there was a huge power struggle and adjustment when he became more focused on and influenced by his own self and his own family than them.
I kept thinking that there was no way Timothy would up and leave without notifying his close family menebers. They seem to know his every move. But maybe that was part of the problem. ..?

Thank you for so clearly and sensitively articulating this. This has been my impression as well. His family was clearly a source of tremendous strength and support, but sometimes this can also create a sense of pressure and fear of disapproval.

I don't want to crap on his poor family but there definitely could have been too much closeness for him. Pressure and expectations.

I'm wondering if he was a very private person. I noticed his located social media accounts were private. His facebook page doesn't show mutual friends. Now the accounts could be old and there many reasons to be careful with you work in a prominent, important job at a government agency. I searched Linkedin and couldn't find a profile for him which I thought was a bit odd. Most people I know with advanced degrees have them. I am pretty sure there is a setting to keep yours from showing up in searches. Add to the fact his family hasn't mentioned any romantic relationships. Maybe they didn't know of any.

I am firmly in the no foul play camp. I just can't think of a scenario that would make any sense here.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-em...m-odd-message-to-neighbor-day-he-disappeared/

CBS NEWS February 27, 2018, 7:19 AM

CDC scientist allegedly made odd comment to neighbor the day he disappeared

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information on the mysterious disappearance of an epidemiologist for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
[...]

His next door neighbor, Viviana Tory, says Cunningham said something odd to her husband the day he went missing, reports CBS News' Omar Villafranca.
"He told my husband to tell his wife – me – to erase his cell phone number from my cell phone," Tory said.
[...]

I've been following this case from day one. Here's a new piece of info that was reported this morning and only heightens the weird/ strange factor.

"His next door neighbor, Viviana Tory, says Cunningham said something odd to her husband the day he went missing, reports CBS News' Omar Villafranca.
"He told my husband to tell his wife – me – to erase his cell phone number from my cell phone," Tory said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-em...m-odd-message-to-neighbor-day-he-disappeared/

CBS NEWS February 27, 2018, 7:19 AM

CDC scientist allegedly made odd comment to neighbor the day he disappeared

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information on the mysterious disappearance of an epidemiologist for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
[...]

His next door neighbor, Viviana Tory, says Cunningham said something odd to her husband the day he went missing, reports CBS News' Omar Villafranca.
[...]

Hmmmm... I can think of a few different directions this could go but first need to know more about how well he knew the neighbor lady. :thinking:

I have a question. If LE doesn’t suspect foul play would they not use K9’s to possibly track his path from his home if he left on foot?

Rhetorically, I’m wondering if Timothy owned any firearms and if they’ve been accounted for?

Just like the media to toss out a little bone..... without elaborating further. Wondering what time of day the conversation (with neighbor) took place, what T's demeanor was, did he appear ill, and what prompted the conversation in the first place. Wondering if the husband had Timothy's phone number in his phone also.

Hmmmm... I can think of a few different directions this could go but first need to know more about how well he knew the neighbor lady. :thinking:

Just my opinion, but I honestly can't imagine this being an indication of anything more than being neighbors. Timothy lived alone and I would expect that it was understood that neighbors would keep an eye on each other's property.

We do in our neighborhood. We all have each other's numbers as a friendly understanding to make the other aware if we see something out of the ordinary.

Besides, I can't imagine Timothy making this comment to the neighbor's husband if there were any reasons to be concerned about the fact that she had his number in her phone in the first place.

Not meaning to imply that you think there is. I understand the reasoning for your post completely. Just adding my thoughts about it all...

JMO

So.. why then would he make it a point to tell the husband to ask her to delete his number? Can we discuss the possible reasons? Because it's not a random statement. There's a reason. Even if it's just a way to say "I'll be gone so you won't need it."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For those of regulars who have followed a ton of cases. Exactly how many times has a disappearance turned out to be someone going off to start a new life somewhere? I think I remember a case of a husband in the Pacific NW doing it to abandon his wife and kids but besides that? Starting a new life is hard with technology these days. You can['t just move to a new town, find the grave of a dead child who would have been about your age in the local cemetery and get their birth certificate. I know people like the theory because it usually means the victim is a jerk but still alive. But it really doesn't hold up in 2018.

Hey all, I've been wanting to join for a while so I finally have.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they can access his bank records and see if he took out a large amount of cash or anything. Or maybe some other strange activity with his finances? You can't just leave without at least some money. And I don't think he would've left the dog even if he was starting over.

On a similar note, how often do people completely disappear to commit suicide? It seems to me that it mostly happens in the home or workplace or somewhere else where they are quickly found. He certainly would have had access to medication or chemicals and could have planned it out in advance, especially if he is as meticulous as he seems.

Due to his recent promotion, stressful job, and possible pressure from family or need to live up to their expectations, I am leaning towards some sort of mental break. Maybe he was so overwhelmed he just felt the need to go away from everything and everyone.

So.. why then would he make it a point to tell the husband to ask her to delete his number? Can we discuss the possible reasons? Because it's not a random statement. There's a reason. Even if it's just a way to say "I'll be gone so you won't need it."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Your last sentence is the way I interpret his statement.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member