GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was potentially seen jogging, a natural step would be to search near his home. There are the industrial sites: creepy cement factory, a water plant, railroad tracks etc. Then there are natural running paths: water main path going through Spink street, cemetery, parks. Would definitely take time out of my day to join a search of these places, whether or not the tip was legit.

[h=1]Timothy Cunningham Still Missing: Reward Grows In CDC Employee’s Disappearance[/h]
reward for information on Timothy Cunningham, the missing public health service commander at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, had grown to more than $24,000 on https://www..com/dr-tim-cunningham on Tuesday. Cunningham, 35, has disappeared after leaving work early and was last seen or heard from February 12. The disappearance has been especially difficult for Cunningham’s parents and his sister, Tiara Cunningham. The family is “remaining positive and prayerful” through their rough time.
The reward of more than $24,000 via has grown tremendously since the page was launched 15 days ago. Private donations, as well as donations from the family, contributed to the reward increase, Atlanta Police spokeswoman Lisa Bender told ABC News.

The support for the Cunningham family has been strong since the public first learned of the Morehouse grad’s disappearance more than three weeks ago.
“I was overwhelmed by the support both locally and nationally,” Cunningham’s sister also said. “The support of the public is indicative of how impactful Tim’s reach is,” she added. “He regularly participated in service events around the city. He served citizens in New York City during Hurricane Sandy and was ready to deploy to service in his capacity.”

https://newsone.com/3779204/timothy-cunningham-cdc-employee-missing-disappearance-over-24000-reward/

"Originally posted by kiwi50" That wouldnt surprise me either. I think a lot wasnt released just in case he did return, or they thought his resignation was in heat of the moment.
(Quote regarding the possibility that TC quit his job during the meeting with his supervisor).

I agree, this is all speculation, but it's very possible that Tim quit & walked out.....or requested a legal or HR review ..... or asked for a transfer to another area. Or, if Tim felt that the "new" work environment would be intolerable, he could have requested a "temporary LOA" while the promotion decision was reviewed or while waiting for a transfer. Or it's possible that Tim felt so overwhelmed that went into the last meeting with the intent of requesting a temporary LOA to get his head cleared or to seek mental health counseling. JMO, but if he was angry /volatile at the meeting, it's also possible he was placed on a temporary LOA until he received anger management counseling. Knowing TCs phone history would be helpful.... If no one from the CDC attempted to call him on Tuesday (3/13) when he didn't show up at work, that suggests to me that they were not expecting him to be there.

Also, IMO, I think we've heard the last from the CDC until the case is resolved....then they may or may not make a general statement, depending on the outcome. It would be a huge breach of confidentiality for CDC to publicly discuss anything about Tims employment / work-related history, good or bad. I'd bet that HR and lawyers are closely involved, and my guess is that Tims co-workers & other CDC employees have advised to keep quiet. I doubt even Tim's parents are privy to work related details or an explanation of why he was passed up for the promotion. CDC would be in a boat load of trouble if TC reappeared and found out that anything work related had been openly / publicly discussed.

To me, it's very telling what the family has been saying. In their interviews they allude to there being personal and professional problems. What they are saying publically to me seems like they think he took a break, that he needed to get away from the stresses and pressures of his life. They seem to be fine tuned into his every day life. They sounded the alarm almost immediately once they couldn't get ahold of him.

What I'm trying to say is that they know why he would disappear. What they don't seem to know is if he did disappear on his own. I'm also getting the vibe they think he could be suicidal, without trying to say he is. They don't want to put that kind of information out there because of his career and stature.

But in reality, at this point, he has been missing a month. Without any of his possessions, car, money, credit cards, phone, nothing to survive on.

I think he had a mental break. And I think his family knows it and are scared to death, as well they should be. I don't know, maybe he's in a homeless camp, and loving the peace and uncomplicated life it affords.

It's just that to me, the family and what they are saying and how they are acting is a good indicator of what they fear has happened to Tim. JMO

Professionally I work with homeless people and in my experience he wouldn't be able to live in a "tent City" He wouldn't fit in with other homeless people and he would have a Target on him. There is nothing peaceful about being homeless. It's extremely stressful constantly watching out for yourself especially at night.

Do we have an ID on the body found by the fishermen?

Professionally I work with homeless people and in my experience he wouldn't be able to live in a "tent City" He wouldn't fit in with other homeless people and he would have a Target on him. There is nothing peaceful about being homeless. It's extremely stressful constantly watching out for yourself especially at night.

Sorry if that was the only thing you got up of my previous post. Guess I should have been more clear on that one sentence. I know being homeless isn't easy. What I was trying to get across was that the stresses of his job, his profession, might have been too much for him and he traded it for a different type of stress, that of survival homeless. He left with nothing, his accounts haven't been touched. If he had a mental break, he could be wandering the streets, after 3 weeks, hungry, dirty, tired and looking for shelter. He might be depending on the kindness of strangers to exist. He would be swapping out one lifestyle of stress for another.

Or, he could be dead. Frankly, I'd rather have him alive and being able to find his way back to his family.

I see a lot of comments about his bank accounts not being accessed, no large withdrawal, etc. I just want to point out that some people, especially those who believe in emergency preparedness (which I could see being relevant to an epidemiologist) have a significant store of cash at home or in another location. I've even known of people who deliberately avoid attracting attention by taking a few hundred dollars from each paycheque and just tucking it away in cash. For a single guy with a well-paying job, who decided he wanted to make a new life somewhere, it wouldn't take long to accumulate $20,000 or far more in cash.

I don't personally think this is what happened here - I sadly believe that he likely ended his own life - but just noting that it would be very possible for him to have enough cash to survive for quite a while, even without making a large withdrawal or any other notable financial transaction.

He most likely would not have known just how stressful being homeless is though. He may have seen the homeless life as less stressful than his present life. Of course, he would have soon found out the truth of it.

If I were to decide to try transient living as is being suggested (I am not buying one bite of that though), I'd want my dog.

Just saying...

I see a lot of comments about his bank accounts not being accessed, no large withdrawal, etc. I just want to point out that some people, especially those who believe in emergency preparedness (which I could see being relevant to an epidemiologist) have a significant store of cash at home or in another location. I've even known of people who deliberately avoid attracting attention by taking a few hundred dollars from each paycheque and just tucking it away in cash. For a single guy with a well-paying job, who decided he wanted to make a new life somewhere, it wouldn't take long to accumulate $20,000 or far more in cash.

I don't personally think this is what happened here - I sadly believe that he likely ended his own life - but just noting that it would be very possible for him to have enough cash to survive for quite a while, even without making a large withdrawal or any other notable financial transaction.

You could be right about putting money away from each pay check. A couple of hundred each time wouldn't be noticeable. Many emergency preparedness agencies have been advocating having cash set aside just in case. Out here in So Cal, with fires, mudslides and earthquakes, we are encouraged to have cash on hand for emergency needs until things settle down.

So maybe he did this and is managing to live his break comfortably. I hope so anyway.

If TC did have a SO of any kind, would we have heard about them by now? Or are there other cases in which LE withheld the identity of a SO during an investigation?

I'm ashamed to admit that I've not read this entire thread yet, but in defense of myself, my device (intermittently) keeps blinking out. So I hope this was not already discussed on the thread (sorry if it was), as I know it can be irritating to ask things already discussed...

Is there any info at all mentioned by family/friends about what coat and/or shoes *may* be missing from Timothy's home? I ask for multiple reasons, which all sleuths will understand. I guess probably not, as it seems it's unclear if he was even still wearing his work clothes or not, but just thought I'd ask. Here is handy little guide for getting the February calendar of temps in Atlanta area (at airport), just FYI: https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KATL/2018/2/3/MonthlyCalendar.html

P.S. And looking at Atlanta area weather (several rainy days around that timeframe), is an umbrella missing? I realize this type of info is hard to know about a grown man who lives alone, but perhaps a close friend who knew him well *would* know these types of daily details.

I am still wondering about cameras. His neighborhood looks nice..I'm sure there has to be cameras around . Also, I know the family wants privacy (somewhat) ..but they should share what Timothy told them that they disclosed to Police That could possibly help to find him...We know he was upset about his promotion and Personal life...So what could that have been?

Hope it's okay if I push this forward one page, for the P.S...

OT/Aside - we can set the number of posts we see on one page. I have my view set to 50 posts per page. I did not understand what you meant at first about pushing that post up a page because I had just read it. Your original post was #914 and this was #919 so perhaps you view 3 posts per page? j/k...

We have heard nothing about an umbrella, nor any "close friends" who might be able to offer this type of insight.

Glad you're here now to help!

OT/Aside - we can set the number of posts we see on one page. I have my view set to 50 posts per page. I did not understand what you meant at first about pushing that post up a page because I had just read it. Your original post was #914 and this was #919 so perhaps you view 3 posts per page? j/k...

We have heard nothing about an umbrella, nor any "close friends" who might be able to offer this type of insight.

Glad you're here now to help!

Didn't know one could adjust the number of posts per page -- thanks! For those with the default setting, which appears to be 15 posts per page, there was a page boundary between post #914 and post #919.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper