GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I detest banging this drum, and unless insurance policies have changed, or HIPAA, each admittance to either sub-acute or acute floors/units requires that the patient's personal effects brought with them AND ID and healthcare card are kept by the head of the Admitting Department in a Manila envelope or other such sealed device until patient is discharged. Then it's returned.

If he/she is in a unit, sub or acute, said belongings upon voluntary or involuntary admission, are in the Head's office. Anyone now in healthcare and knows this has changed, please feel free to correct.

We you see an UID in a unit it means they had no ID and were admitted by Nursing admin on call and supervising bed control and admittance. JMO

I do think families can be unaware of this for quite some time... it was that way on another case I was on, and they were doing so much to find their loved one - they just were just unaware of this option (LE was involved from the get-go, so guess it just slipped through the cracks). The family hopped on it when they were aware, so it was great of Dixie to bring it up.

I know of a couple of cases here also which a person here at WS actually entered it into NAMUS. Perhaps the reason the family has not done it is because they will lose support of law enforcement?

:dunno: but I'm hoping that they do it, especially to collect and capture to get the DNA in the system at some point due to the length of time he has now been missing.

I believe if an unidentified person shows up at a hospital ER confused / delirious / paranoid or in a mental health state that requires immediate attention, the hospital or facility cannot turn that patient away and must provide care. The patient would be admitted as a "John Doe". I am not sure what the facility's obligation to provide care after the patient is stabilized, it may then be permissible to then transfer the stabilized patient to an indigent care hospital or mental health facility for services. I believe LE would be notified of "John Doe" cases to cross reference with missing persons. And, often times a generalized statement pertaining to a "John Doe" case will be released by media, without releasing information about the person that would violate HIPAA laws, to assist in identifying that person or finding family members that can provide positive ID. Does anyone else have further input or experience with this?

Okay, answered my own question up-thread -- Timothy's house was locked, per video: http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/reward...thy-cunningham-climbs-15000/story?id=53528385

Note: Timothy's *car keys* left in locked house/his house keys, apparently, were not (per video)

Also: Look how HAPPY he was, in December, while celebrating his birthday. Also, his home appears to be in great order. My main question is: what *reason* was he given for not receiving promotion? At risk of stating the obvious, that seems key.

ETA: and I honestly think that LE knows much more than has been reported.

Of course they do. The father himself said they were aware of personal and professional issues that Timothy had been dealing with, but they’d rather keep those things private- so there’s a lot more to this story than what has been released to the media. I don’t care what anyone says, but as a parent to get in your car and drive overnight from Maryland to Georgia strongly suggests maybe Timothy did say some things that implied he was going to harm himself. I’m really praying he decided to take time out for himself to regroup.

Okay, answered my own question up-thread -- Timothy's house was locked, per video: http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/reward...thy-cunningham-climbs-15000/story?id=53528385

Note: Timothy's *car keys* left in locked house/his house keys, apparently, were not (per video)

Also: Look how HAPPY he was, in December, while celebrating his birthday. Also, his home appears to be in great order. My main question is: what *reason* was he given for not receiving promotion? At risk of stating the obvious, that seems key.
Ok if he took his house key, it seems like he was planning to come back. Why would he need it if he was planning suicide? I think he either went for a walk/ run, or got in the car with someone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...imothy-cunningham-grows-to-15000/85-526307239

I did not see or read before that a neighbor thought they saw him out jogging.

"Ok if he took his house key, it seems like he was planning to come back. Why would he need it if he was planning suicide? I think he either went for a walk/ run, or got in the car with someone. "

If he was sick, you wouldn't expect him to go for a run. I would think he would go to bed or go to the doctor. Has anyone said what sort of illness he had?

The following is pure speculation on my part and not necessarily my opinion of what happened in this case:

When I first started reading this thread and saw that Dr. Cunningham was an epidemiologist for Centers for Disease Control and was reported to have responded to Ebola and Zika outbreaks, that really didn't tell me that he was involved with chronic diseases rather than infectious diseases. I hadn't realized that until Maj. O'Connor pointed it out.

Okay, so perhaps that means I'm of average or lower intelligence. This thought led me to wondering if there are terrorists out there that don't know anymore about Dr. Cunningham's work than I did...

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article202660744.html#2

<snipped> ...Cunningham worked with chronic, not infectious, diseases, and didn't have access to classified information. He also reportedly assisted the CDC's response to Ebola and Zika outbreaks.

<snipped> "He would not be of the type of person that, if you kidnapped him and held him, he could give you access to some horrific virus that could be a real problem for all the rest of us," Atlanta Police Maj. Michael O'Connor of the major crimes unit, told CNN.

Ok if he took his house key, it seems like he was planning to come back. Why would he need it if he was planning suicide? I think he either went for a walk/ run, or got in the car with someone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A couple of other scenarios. Maybe he hadn't totally made up his mind what he was going to do and in case he changed his mind, took his key.

Or, he wanted the key to lock all the locks, including the deadbolt, so Bo would be safe from an intruder? :(

Im confused. are they now saying his house keys werent at home? I cant see anything in video that says that.

Im confused. are they now saying his house keys werent at home? I cant see anything in video that says that.

While the video includes his car keys in the list of the things that were found at his home, and doesn't include his house keys, it also says that everything he owns was found at home. So I don't think we can conclude from the video that he had his house keys with him. Indeed, some reports have said that the house keys were found in the house:
http://hbucollegian.com/2018/03/missing-cdc-worker-passed-up-for-promotion-before/

Some of this may come from different interpretations of other reports that just mention "keys." It might be worth looking at the video of the police news conference, or at reports based directly on that news conference, to see whether the house keys were found in the house. (I can't do that right now.)

Though his house was found locked, for many doors you can lock them without your keys. (And hence you can lock yourself out.)

If he went for a jog, he might've taken his keys. He might've taken a spare key if his house keys and car keys were all on one ring and were too unwieldy or if he didn't want to risk losing his regular house keys.

I have a strong feeling that the professional and personal issues were not “sudden” or “new” issues. Tim not getting the job promotion pushed him over the edge. Because the family knew Tim was in a “dark” place they probably instructed the family to keep an eye on him-particularly his younger sister who stated they were best friends and spoke daily. When the mother could not reach Tim, they had the daughter call - maybe they felt he was not answering their calls(the parents), but would answer if the sister called. This supports what someone says earlier in the thread about the family “closeness” maybe was too close, intrusive and a source of tension for Tim.

Don’t get me wrong, my heart aches for this family, but their interviews are mostly begging Tim to come back home and they can work through whatever drove him away from home. The “whatever” they are fully aware of. Timothy was a high achiever and a perfectionist. I find that people who are extremely smart, academically & professionally driven, high achievers and perfectionists commonly suffer from depression. Also it seems Tim and his siblings were raised in a household where being a high achiever was a must. Unfortunately I think the pressures of being a high achiever and perfectionist drove him to suicide. I think the series of texts & calls that the family will not divulge pretty much were explicit about Tim’ intentions.

If you play the video, there is a graphic detailing what things were left inside the home... and CAR keys are specifically highlighted, but NO mention of house keys. Now *maybe* that is just an omission, but I took it to mean just car keys, or I would think they would mention house keys alongside that also. But perhaps I am expecting too much. However, it stated the home was locked up also, which would seem to go along with Timothy possibly locking up on his way out, KWIM?

If you play the video, there is a graphic detailing what things were left inside the home... and CAR keys are specifically highlighted, but NO mention of house keys. Now *maybe* that is just an omission, but I took it to mean just car keys, or I would think they would mention house keys alongside that also. But perhaps I am expecting too much. However, it stated the home was locked up also, which would seem to go along with Timothy possibly locking up on his way out, KWIM?

This piece quotes Major O'Conner at the press conference saying his keys were found at home, but not specifying which keys.

https://www.myajc.com/news/crime--l...et-didn-get-promotion/U8abmBXjZqJ4yM7uqUXBMN/

While it's true that the house being locked could indicate that he had his keys, some doors you can lock without a key. I think if his house keys were missing they probably would've mentioned it. But as I say above, even if those keys weren't missing, he still could've taken a spare key.

This piece quotes Major O'Conner at the press conference saying his keys were found at home, but not specifying which keys.

https://www.myajc.com/news/crime--l...et-didn-get-promotion/U8abmBXjZqJ4yM7uqUXBMN/

While it's true that the house being locked could indicate that he had his keys, some doors you can lock without a key. I think if his house keys were missing they probably would've mentioned it. But as I say above, even if those keys weren't missing, he still could've taken a spare key.

Yeah, this is the about the time in most cases where there's little new info coming in -- we have little bits of info that aren't completely clear (i.e., the key info could go either way, like you said) -- and I overanalyze/read into things... that said, I *still* have not given up hope, and I love that we're keeping various options open.

I have a strong feeling that the professional and personal issues were not “sudden” or “new” issues. Tim not getting the job promotion pushed him over the edge. Because the family knew Tim was in a “dark” place they probably instructed the family to keep an eye on him-particularly his younger sister who stated they were best friends and spoke daily. When the mother could not reach Tim, they had the daughter call - maybe they felt he was not answering their calls(the parents), but would answer if the sister called. This supports what someone says earlier in the thread about the family “closeness” maybe was too close, intrusive and a source of tension for Tim.

Don’t get me wrong, my heart aches for this family, but their interviews are mostly begging Tim to come back home and they can work through whatever drove him away from home. The “whatever” they are fully aware of. Timothy was a high achiever and a perfectionist. I find that people who are extremely smart, academically & professionally driven, high achievers and perfectionists commonly suffer from depression. Also it seems Tim and his siblings were raised in a household where being a high achiever was a must. Unfortunately I think the pressures of being a high achiever and perfectionist drove him to suicide. I think the series of texts & calls that the family will not divulge pretty much were explicit about Tim’ intentions.
I agree. It cant be said enough how much pressure some high achievers put on themselves. It can be overwhelming to be a perfectionist and disappointments can build up until life is too much to face.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just watched the interview with his parents on CNN and now I’m confused all over again. The info the authorities shared with them, they cannot share with the general public. What really struck me as odd is he kept saying he’s positive Tim willl be returned soon. Does he mean returned as in captured? Is he being held against his will? Is he in hiding? Or is the father using the word “returned” to throw off the fact that Tim walked away at his own free will? But yet the authorities are saying this is not a case of foul play. They seem to know a lot considering they claim not to know much.

I just watched the interview with his parents on CNN and now I&#8217;m confused all over again. The info the authorities shared with them, they cannot share with the general public. What really struck me as odd is he kept saying he&#8217;s positive Tim willl be returned soon. Does he mean returned as in captured? Is he being held against his will? Is he in hiding? Or is the father using the word &#8220;returned&#8221; to throw off the fact that Tim walked away at his own free will? But yet the authorities are saying this is not a case of foul play. They seem to know a lot considering they claim not to know much.
Yes, I too am confused. The parents say Tim would not leave the dog alone but the dog was, the parents say the family was tight knit and spoke often if not dailey but the haven't since morning of 12th, the parents say he wouldn't leave windows open but there were two open... the father says Tim had personal issues..hmm lets see - money, relationship, susbstace abuse, gambling or mental Heath..
I do wonder if the neighbor who saw him jogging around 7pm on that Monday night is certain. If it was my child I would hire search teams with a radius of 5 miles around his home.
Also, I still haven't found where CDC has him in his car leaving the work place. There is an airport close to there where if on a private charter you wouldn't need ID...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman