GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. People who have always been successful can have their whole identity wrapped up in that image, with no experience or skills in handling rejection. When they are rejected, it causes them to question everything about who they are and how they see themselves. (Look up fixed mindset vs growth mindset for discussion of this phenomenon.)

I agree. It seems like Tim’s life revolved around educational and career successes. I’ve seen posts on facebook from people who worked with him or attended Morehouse with him, but nothing from friends or an ex-girlfriend or boyfriend. Tim’s “everything” at this stage of his life was work and family. If he is found dead I’m really going to be devastated😢

If you go to the beginning of the first thread you will get an idea of how much coverage it had at the beginning.

Yep, and I read that he had been missing about a week , give or take, when his case was posted here on WS.

If it was my child missing the last thing I would worry about is immage...

I agree. It seems like Tim’s life revolved around educational and career successes. I’ve seen posts on facebook from people who worked with him or attended Morehouse with him, but nothing from friends or an ex-girlfriend or boyfriend. Tim’s “everything” at this stage of his life was work and family. If he is found dead I’m really going to be devastated😢

I hear ya. I'm more confused than ever. If LE doesn't really have anything concrete with foul play, I do wish family or friends would get more specific on what was going on. Did he get in an argument with a family member? Was there a serious ongoing issue at work? Was there a private matter that came out, and he felt alone? I mean, tick-tock -- this is a man's life at stake.

The more I see his smiling face, the more sad this all makes me.

I hear ya. I'm more confused than ever. If LE doesn't really have anything concrete with foul play, I do wish family or friends would get more specific on what was going on. Did he get in an argument with a family member? Was there a serious ongoing issue at work? Was there a private matter that came out, and he felt alone? I mean, tick-tock -- this is a man's life at stake.

It sounds like some issue at work led him not to receive that promotion. Maybe his part of the CDC had a of change in focus that negatively affected him and his work?

In addition, his father mentioned that Tim was facing personal issues. Those could involve mental health, physical health, or issues with family, with sexuality, with a specific relationship, or with finances.

I just want to say to the people who have recently joined this thread: PLEASE read the older posts. Most, if not all, of your questions have already been answered. TC was reported missing on 2/14 after his parents arrived at his house and they found him to be missing. You all have been saying he was reported missing 2/16 but that is incorrect.

Also, the media in Atlanta has been doing a great job of keeping his story in circulation. Except for the past couple days when the huge water main break occupied the news cycle, his story has been on most channels during every hour. Fox-5 Atlanta has done an exceptional job. In addition, reporters in Atlanta have continued to tweet about TC day after day.

It sounds like some issue at work led him not to receive that promotion. I think I read somewhere he had a new supervisor, maybe that had something to do with it. Or maybe his part of the CDC had a of change in focus that negatively affected him and his work?

In addition, his father mentioned that Tim was facing personal issues. Those could involve mental health, physical health, or issues with family, with sexuality, with a specific relationship, or with finances.

I think that it's possible that one or more of Tim's projects were shelved when the new supervisor came in. And that would likely upset him as much as not being promoted. Maybe more, because I think he is the real deal, a serious researcher.

I think that it's possible that one or more of Tim's projects were shelved when the new supervisor came in. And that would likely upset him as much as not being promoted. Maybe more, because I think he is the real deal, a serious researcher.

Where did it say he got a new supervisor? I tried googling it and nothing came up.

I just don’t think it’s actually true that he got a new supervisor... 🤫😏

Of course they do. The father himself said they were aware of personal and professional issues that Timothy had been dealing with, but they’d rather keep those things private- so there’s a lot more to this story than what has been released to the media. I don’t care what anyone says, but as a parent to get in your car and drive overnight from Maryland to Georgia strongly suggests maybe Timothy did say some things that implied he was going to harm himself. I’m really praying he decided to take time out for himself to regroup.

On the other hand, I could see the parents quickly heading for Georgia if Timothy had said things which led them to believe someone else was threatening/after him. If he had personal and/or professional issues with a co-worker, that could relate to him not getting the promotion as well. What if he had found out that someone had falsified research, or even that two co-workers were having an affair? Parents could have told something like that to the police, but they might not want it out in the public if the other person/persons involved were being investigated regarding his disappearance.

The way I interpreted what LE said in the presser is that they could see what they believed was his car leaving the campus on tape but they couldn’t distinguish whether or not it was him inside driving it (based on the angles of the cameras and maybe the fact that he has to wear a hat with his uniform when he is outdoors, I don’t know). In GA we don’t have license plates on the front of our cars too so maybe they couldn’t be positive that it was *his* car. But that is how I understood it.

I don't think the public needs to know what was going on in his personal life. I respect his family's desire to protect his privacy. The reasons for his distress, if that happens to be the catalyst behind his disappearance, are really none of our business. Embarrassing him will not make it easier for him to return home if he is still alive and well. Some people are very private and he may be one of those people. His family would know that. I am a very private person and I would be very upset if any of the details of my life became public knowledge. I don't ever post photos or give much information on facebook so my page is pretty boring. But I do have family, friends and an active life. I just don't like to publicize it.
All we need to know are the details that are necessary to help find him. The public knows what he looks like, the general area where he went missing, and we have a time frame to work with. That's really all we need to help look for him. LE obviously has more indepth information and they seem to think he probably did not meet with foul play at this point....so I'm going with their theory. They would share with the public if there was anything that we needed to know.

I'm just hoping that he wasn't/isn't suicidal.

Where did it say he got a new supervisor? I tried googling it and nothing came up.

I just don’t think it’s actually true that he got a new supervisor... 狼

I had thought this was so but can't substantiate it either, so I will delete it from my post.

Foul play is my last choice, Id see it as much more likel if we had t been told Tim had personal and professional issues going on, large enough to worry family.

Unless the foul play involved someone he was having personal and professional issues with. If he met with foul play, I don't think it was random.

I don't think we know the answer to that. But if somebody has been sick for Thursday Friday, and had to go home on Monday, I don't think they would go out jogging. In my opinion.

He might have been sick, or he might have been angry/upset - but if it was the latter, did he go to work on the Tuesday and Wednesday after finding out he didn't get the promotion? That doesn't make sense.

Could he have been exposed to something at work? Either accidentally or intentionally?

I just don’t think it’s actually true that he got a new supervisor... 🤫😏

If you go back to the beginning here and read, the new supervisor was mentioned a few times. I cannot say whether it is true or not, because I do not know Tim, his family, or his colleagues. But, I recall reading that his old supervisor had just retired recently. Seems fairly specific, but who knows ?

I recently needed to find a new family practice doctor. As a long-time client of OSF, and having the same insurance for many years, I did not need to provide any form of ID or insurance. It was already in their system, along with my photo. Perhaps this sort of thing may have happened with Tim? Also, HIPPA laws regarding any sort of mental/behavioural/substance abuse issues are very strict, often requiring deeper levels of confidentiality to protect the client.

In regards to not getting the promotion I was thinking maybe when he was told why he did not get the promotion that out of anger he threatened to expose something about the CDC that he knew? Maybe?

If you go back to the beginning here and read, the new supervisor was mentioned a few times. I cannot say whether it is true or not, because I do not know Tim, his family, or his colleagues. But, I recall reading that his old supervisor had just retired recently. Seems fairly specific, but who knows ?

I believe Hello There does indeed “know” at least one of those people you’ve mentioned, so I’m thinking she also knows there was no new supervisor.

"Has it been proven he was sick, or is that just something he said to his boss to leave work early? "

He had called out of work the previous Thursday and Friday also. If he wasn't sick, he was lying to his boss. Never did hear what his illness was.

By “new supervisor”, are we referring to the botched Trump appointee? Brenda Fitzgerald? While hilarious, I’m sure it’s been a huge waste of time and money, not to mention stressful for absolutely everyone at the CDC.

I believe Hello There does indeed “know” at least one of those people you’ve mentioned, so I’m thinking she also knows there was no new supervisor.

I think the new supervisor was mentioned in early news reports ? Could be wrong, though. Often in missing persons cases news reports can be shockingly inaccurate. Have seen this a lot. It isn't done maliciously, usually just that a reporter did not check the facts. Deadlines play into it too. I guess it is not all that important if there was no new supervisor. I do wonder,though, if one or more of Tim's projects that he was working on were shelved. That would have hurt him, because he is/was a dedicated public servant. all jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman