GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also: Look how HAPPY he was, in December, while celebrating his birthday. Also, his home appears to be in great order. My main question is: what *reason* was he given for not receiving promotion? At risk of stating the obvious, that seems key.

Again attempting to clear up misconceptions about mental health and suicide: you can feel as happy as you want in certain moments, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on following through with suicide or having depression and/or other mental health conditions. In any case, looking happy is easy. That's why you can go outside and not notice anyone is depressed, when about 10% of the people you're looking at suffer from severe or major depression.

I have a question re searching for a missing person. I have an idea of a place to look for Tim. Is this something I should do with another person or can I just sort of wing it with my dog? The place I have in mind is not dangerous but likely no one else there. I’ve just never set out to do something like this so I figured y’all know a lot more about this than I do.

If not getting the promotion was the final straw, I think it's very likely that it wasn't the lack of promotion itself, but the reason behind it that was the deciding factor. Not getting one promotion might not be the end of the world, but I wonder whether the reason it was devastating to him. It could have been 1. that upper management did not see him as leadership material, or 2. that he discovered that personal/mental health problems he thought he had been keeping out of the workplace had in fact been affecting his performance or were known to his superiors. My opinion only, but I suspect the second reason. I could see either of these being devastating and causing Tim to doubt his professional future.

I have a question re searching for a missing person. I have an idea of a place to look for Tim. Is this something I should do with another person or can I just sort of wing it with my dog? The place I have in mind is not dangerous but likely no one else there. I’ve just never set out to do something like this so I figured y’all know a lot more about this than I do.

cant hurt if you try, just becareful and if you find something make sure not to disturb the area and immediately call authorities

There are lots of people (thinking of Lucas Hernandez case) who set out to search on their own. Take someone with you, if possible. If not, be very aware of your surroundings. Also, examine yourself and make sure you are mentally prepared to possibly come across something disturbing. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely need someone else there for moral support in case I found anything! Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO take your dog, friend and cell phone since your planning to go to a secluded area. Keep yourself safe and thank you for looking.

I would suggest always be with someone else, and let others know where you are going. Document anything you find through photographs and never post anything merely contact police. Do not touch or disturb.

There is a private Facebook account for people who know him and or work at the CDC. I'm not sure if you're a member of that but you could ask others from that group to go with you?

I don't think the public needs to know what was going on in his personal life. I respect his family's desire to protect his privacy. The reasons for his distress, if that happens to be the catalyst behind his disappearance, are really none of our business. Embarrassing him will not make it easier for him to return home if he is still alive and well. Some people are very private and he may be one of those people. His family would know that. I am a very private person and I would be very upset if any of the details of my life became public knowledge. I don't ever post photos or give much information on facebook so my page is pretty boring. But I do have family, friends and an active life. I just don't like to publicize it.
All we need to know are the details that are necessary to help find him. The public knows what he looks like, the general area where he went missing, and we have a time frame to work with. That's really all we need to help look for him. LE obviously has more indepth information and they seem to think he probably did not meet with foul play at this point....so I'm going with their theory. They would share with the public if there was anything that we needed to know.

I'm just hoping that he wasn't/isn't suicidal.

I should have explained my post more. I meant anything that may be pertinent to helping find him. Of course we don't wish for anything to embarrass him. I just wish for him to be found and/or helped. I am thinking more of what direction he would be headed, if more was known of his mindset. I certainly don't want details that are not even relevant and nobody's business. That's why I was referring to time of the essence. Maybe everything has been said that would in any way help the public to help the family to find him. I hope so.

not saying these cases are related, but this is weird. a black male was reported missing back in January, then 47 days later he turns up dead close to his home, in an area that was searched repeatedly by family and others. the police are saying where he was found was more than likely not where the man was killed. this happened a month ago, near where timothy lives (town or two over). Then you also have the case of Shanequa Sullivan...wonder if something is going on in atlanta

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/family-seeks-answers-in-grandfathers-death

Ok if he took his house key, it seems like he was planning to come back. Why would he need it if he was planning suicide? I think he either went for a walk/ run, or got in the car with someone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
There have been cases of suicide where the individual stopped to fill up his gas tank, another stopped at the store to pick up some snacks. Leanne Bearden had scheduled a phone interview. People do all kinds of things that don't make sense. And he could have grabbed his house keys just from force of habit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Where did it say he got a new supervisor? I tried googling it and nothing came up.

I just don’t think it’s actually true that he got a new supervisor... 🤫[emoji57]
I think there's been some confusion about the promotion. It wasn't the position directly above him, it was a higher level position in a different area.

I think there's been some confusion about the promotion. It wasn't the position directly above him, it was a higher level position in a different area.

There is a fact sheet being circulated that was approved by his parents. He had applied for an assignment as a branch chief, but was not selected. It was communicated to him on or around February 1st that not being selected did not reflect on his performance as a Team Lead or his expertise as a public health professional.

If it's private property, you'll need to get the owner's permission

I live in the area and wonder if they’ve searched the wooded trails behind Spink-Collins Park. Very private back there and not sure the trails are used very often. Close to his house too. Might have been somewhere he took his dog...

There is a fact sheet being circulated that was approved by his parents. He had applied for an assignment as a branch chief, but was not selected. It was communicated to him on or around February 1st that not being selected did not reflect on his performance as a Team Lead or his expertise as a public health professional.

Thanks for posting this, it's interesting. I wonder if it was more something in Tim's personal life that was stressing him. More than workplace issues /

"Originally posted by HelloThere"
"just want to say to the people who have recently joined this thread: PLEASE read the older posts. Most, if not all, of your questions have already been answered. TC was reported missing on 2/14 after his parents arrived at his house and they found him to be missing. You all have been saying he was reported missing 2/16 but that is incorrect.

Also, the media in Atlanta has been doing a great job of keeping his story in circulation. Except for the past couple days when the huge water main break occupied the news cycle, his story has been on most channels during every hour. Fox-5 Atlanta has done an exceptional job. In addition, reporters in Atlanta have continued to tweet about TC day after day."

---It baffles me to hear people saying there hasn't been much Atlanta media coverage regarding this case. This case has been huge! Google it people......there has been almost daily Atlanta multi-station news reports, APD press conference, national & international media coverage, podcasts and numerous major magazine / newspaper articles. I agree with you HelloThere, I think the media has done an excellent job keeping Tims name / case in the forefront. Media coverage may be slowing down, not for lack of interest but because the case is now 1 month out and there has been nothing new to report.

Folks up thread were talking about searching the Chattahoochee River. I found a web site called Chattahoochee River Keepers where they do clean ups on the river for trash. Perhaps they could be notified and do a shout-out to focus on their next trip to search the area at Downstream from him?

If anyone here is out also a member of the family and friends at CDC Facebook page, perhaps they could relay that to them.

So sad to see he hasn't been located yet. Not sure if I think suicide or foul play. moo

One request - please use "Reply With Quote" when appropriate. It makes it so much easier to follow the conversation. TIA

Thanks for posting this, it's interesting. I wonder if it was more something in Tim's personal life that was stressing him. More than workplace issues /

I definitely agree too. I think he had a lot of personal life issues causing him stress and anxiety that his family was well aware of and have been concerned with for awhile, but I guess they never thought it would reach this point. The fact he was not selected for the assignment was the final issue that pushed him over the edge. My gut tells me he committed suicide, but my heart & soul are praying he’s just in hiding - I believe in miracles.

Statistically speaking, African Americans have a low rate of suicides, but I can attest that mental illness is a taboo topic in the African American community and many of us attempt to live with depression, which eventually ends up “winning” in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member