GA - TRIAL OF Ryan Alexander Duke & Bo Dukes - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 *Guilty/Not Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yay you’re back! How are you feeling? I’ve been thinking of you the past three days.

Hey! everything went smoothly on my surgery! I'm 100% unblocked on my right carotid artery!!! And feeling great!! Throat a bit sore from them sticking "something" down my throat during surgery.... o_O Now have to work on my left artery - 80% blocked - go see doctor in March for that.

Hey! everything went smoothly on my surgery! I'm 100% unblocked on my right carotid artery!!! And feeling great!! Throat a bit sore from them sticking "something" down my throat during surgery.... o_O Now have to work on my left artery - 80% blocked - go see doctor in March for that.
I’m so relieved for you! Hope they fix your left side quickly also. I had both my kids via caesareans and also had the breathing tube or whatever they call it put down my throat. It made me have coughing fits which were excruciating painful. I would grab a pillow, press it against my stomach and let out a small cough and howl. :eek: Lol I laugh now but it was awful at the time. I hope you feel better by the day!

Hey hey guys. I just wanted to see if anyone has looked at Houston County's court records themselves for the things you're looking for. I know (as a resident of said county) they don't always show on other records sites. We have a very weird and confusing system at times. I'm sorry if this has been done or pointed out before. I haven't read the entirety of the thread yet.

Welcome to WS @MsMarvel3386 !

Does it have anything for Ryan's next court date? Actually Ryan is in Irwin County.

But I do have Bo Dukes - maybe you can find out "what" is happening with these 2 cases:

*Indicted (@ am ET) - GA – Unidentified Woman (Jan. 19, 2017) - *Bo Dukes (34 @ time of crime/36/now 37) indicted (1/19/19) with rape, aggravated sodomy & possession of firearm/knife during commission of crime. Houston County #2019C05426501, 02, & 03.

and

*Charged – GA -2 ladies (Jan. 1, 2019) -*Bo Dukes (34 @ time of crime/now 37) charged (1/6/19), indicted (1/15/19) & arraigned (2/17/19) with 1 count of rape (2019), 2 counts for aggravated sodomy, 2 counts for kidnapping, 2 counts for aggravated assault, 4 counts for possession of firearm/knife commission of crime & 1 count for possession of firearm/knife by convicted felon. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Houston County #2019CR053334-1 thru -12
1/6/19 Update: Made appearance before Judge charged with rape, aggravated sodomy, false imprisonment & possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Warner Robbins case. Held without bond. No further dates given. Dukes is currently in state custody & will eventually be turned over (1/9/19) to federal custody & will complete six months in federal prison, as part of his revoked supervised release. Houston County Warner Robins case on 1/1/20.

Thanks in advance! :)

Welcome to WS @MsMarvel3386 !

Does it have anything for Ryan's next court date? Actually Ryan is in Irwin County.

But I do have Bo Dukes - maybe you can find out "what" is happening with these 2 cases:

*Indicted (@ am ET) - GA – Unidentified Woman (Jan. 19, 2017) - *Bo Dukes (34 @ time of crime/36/now 37) indicted (1/19/19) with rape, aggravated sodomy & possession of firearm/knife during commission of crime. Houston County #2019C05426501, 02, & 03.

and

*Charged – GA -2 ladies (Jan. 1, 2019) -*Bo Dukes (34 @ time of crime/now 37) charged (1/6/19), indicted (1/15/19) & arraigned (2/17/19) with 1 count of rape (2019), 2 counts for aggravated sodomy, 2 counts for kidnapping, 2 counts for aggravated assault, 4 counts for possession of firearm/knife commission of crime & 1 count for possession of firearm/knife by convicted felon. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Houston County #2019CR053334-1 thru -12
1/6/19 Update: Made appearance before Judge charged with rape, aggravated sodomy, false imprisonment & possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Warner Robbins case. Held without bond. No further dates given. Dukes is currently in state custody & will eventually be turned over (1/9/19) to federal custody & will complete six months in federal prison, as part of his revoked supervised release. Houston County Warner Robins case on 1/1/20.

Thanks in advance! :)

I will give it a whirl and see if I can dig up anything. This case hits very close to home for various reasons. There was so much speculation going on before the arrests. My mother used to go on and on about all the conspiracy theories every one had. (Which I know I can not get into because they have obviously been disproven with the arrests of Ryan and Bo.)

I just want to clarify if these are the ones you are referring to?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210206-144317.png
    Screenshot_20210206-144317.png
    274.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20210206-144340.png
    Screenshot_20210206-144340.png
    293.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20210206-144356.png
    Screenshot_20210206-144356.png
    273 KB · Views: 16
Yes @MsMarvel3386 - those are the ones. I can't "open" them - can you tell me if there is something on there on "what" is happening in the cases?

TIA! :)

Bumping up for @MsMarvel3386 - can you tell me "what" the documents say - as I can't click on the stuff that you posted.

Any updates on Alexander's case (Irwin County #S20A1522) on the Supreme court ruling - if it has been made?

or @watergirl62 - you helped me before on Alexander's case.

TIA! :)

Court: Defendant in teacher slaying has route to state funds

March 15, 2021
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Georgia's highest court opened a door Monday for taxpayer funds to help cover the legal defense of a man awaiting trial for the 2005 slaying of a high school teacher whose disappearance remained a mystery for more than a decade.

The Georgia Supreme Court ruled 8-1 that private attorneys for Ryan Duke may seek to contract with a state agency to receive funding for expert witnesses. However, the court did not rule on whether Duke has a constitutional right to receive taxpayer assistance.
[.....]
The state Supreme Court's decision Monday found that state law allows private attorneys to contract with the Georgia Public Defender Council to receive taxpayer funded assistance. It sent the case back for Duke's attorneys to seek a contract, but stopped short of ordering the council to enter one.
[.....]
Ashleigh Merchant, one of Duke's attorneys, said the next step will be reaching out to the council to start working on an arrangement for funding.

This link will take you to the Court's opinion in it's entirety. It's 54 pages. Enjoy!
https://www.gasupreme.us/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/s20a1522.pdf

Hey! Probably no "new" court date in the court site? TIA!
animated-smileys-laughing-024.gif

Plus - I'm blocked on that link you gave.... :rolleyes:

No, that comes from the Supreme Court of Georgia. They've done their part in this process. The Superior Court in Irwin County will have to set the trial date.

What's the best way to upload pdf's?

No, that comes from the Supreme Court of Georgia. They've done their part in this process. The Superior Court in Irwin County will have to set the trial date.

What's the best way to upload pdf's?

You don't need to find a different to upload it - I don't mind not reading it. It's probably cause I'm over here instead of the U.S.

Just bumping up wondering if there is a hearing date yet, since all this has been straighten out and he can get his experts paid...

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

I've been checking Judge Reinhardt’s court calendar just about every day and I haven't seen any proceedings scheduled for State v. Duke. The judicial system typically moved at the pace of molasses prior to COVID so I wouldn't be surprised if takes quite a while get things rolling at a productive pace in his case. Maybe there will be some sort of movement next month, possibly a pretrial conference/hearing regarding the trial date/jury questionnaires, etc. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Ryan's trial is scheduled to begin October 4, 2021 according to the Tift Judicial Circuit Court Calendar.
http://tiftcircuit.com/wp-content/uploads/Oct-2.jpg

Thanks for that info! :)

Okay - I followed the tift circuit link - so they don't actually let you know "when" a person is going to hearings - just that they are "criminal" or other - correct? No separate place where you can see "Ryan"s stuff? TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back