Found Deceased GA - University of Georgia Laken Hope Riley, 22, found dead near University of Georgia intramural fields, foul play suspected, 22 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

A community member who is close to the family released a statement on behalf of Riley's family, thanking law enforcement for their swift efforts and reflecting on their daughter's life.

"Laken was an amazing daughter, sister, friend and overall person in general. Her love for the Lord was exemplified in every aspect of her life. She will be missed every day, but we promise to honor her life moving forward in a very big way," the statement reads, in part. "During this most difficult time, we ask that you respect our privacy, and provide us the time and space necessary to grieve our daughter’s life that was tragically cut short."

In the days since her passing, an outpouring of condolences and love has been shown from the community from Athens to Woodstock, with those who knew her describing her as a "bright and dedicated student" who was compassionate, generous and a "shining light."

Laken Riley murder suspect's brother fired from UGA dining hall job after presenting fake green card

ATHENS, Ga. — The brother of Jose Ibarra, suspected in the Thursday murder of Augusta University student Laken Riley, has been fired from the University of Georgia after he presented a fake green card to work at the school's dining hall.

"Diego Ibarra presented a fake green card to the hiring unit to begin a temporary position as a dishwasher in Bolton Dining Hall at the University of Georgia on Feb. 6,
2024," UGA spokesperson Greg Trevor told Fox News Digital in a statement.

Ibarra then failed to "submit further documentation required to keep the job and was never paid by the University" before he was "fired," Trevor added.

FWIW -

I was in Athens most of the day today - there is no longer a police presence or any police for that matter at the Cielo Azulyk apartments on S.Milledge.

Saw a few female joggers out but only on the main streets including Milledge. Campus was relatively quiet as I suspect a lot of kids went home with no class Friday. Seemed like more families today but I believe there was a UGA Miracle event today. Business as usual at the intramural fields.

It’s possible TX bussed them to NYC. Then who knows what NYC did with them, but I believe Athens is a sanctuary city, so it’s also entirely possible they were transported from NYC to Athens. It wouldn’t shock me in the least if taxpayers have footed the bill for most of what you listed off including getting them set up in an apartment. Who cares if they’re committing crimes all along the way.

BBM -

Athens GA is a sanctuary city ????

Wow!! There definitely was a lot more on his FB page earlier! Wonder who is scrubbing it? I would think LE would have just taken it down. <modsnip>

<modsnip: quoted post was snipped> MOO, it's mishmash of stuff, not too alarming until I came across the bloody person smoking a cig. That kind of fascination with gruesome images like that worries me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have missed the discussion but the iPhone has an emergency alert that automatically notifies your emergency contacts if you press the button 3 times in rapid succession. Perhaps that’s what she did that alerted her roommate so quickly. Could also explain one of the charges against perp. I’m furious and heartbroken for her family.

It is my understanding generally yes. I just wasn't sure since said images are now no longer visible on the link I shared earlier to his Facebook page. I saved these 2 to compare to the RM incident and the ring cam footage of the shirtless suspect in LA... Haircut seemed similar. The shirtless image was from 2019 I do recall as far as post date. I think the other was a little more recent.
He looks worryingly similar to RM’s killer in these…

So I noticed that the url for Jose Ibarra's FB has the name Victor Franco in it so I looked at the friends of his to see if anyone has the name Franco and I found this FB account listed in Athens Georgia.. and then when I am looking around on it, I see that Gocho Franco is in fact Diego Ibarra so did they change their names?

In viewing Diego's FB his appearnace seems to be all over the place also. I know the booking photo shows a mane that appears older than 29.. but many of these FB photos are younger looking and thinner than what his face shot appears.

Then I noticed this profile liking something on the previous ones page.

Diego Jose Ibarra

Very odd videos here. So I am very curious what their actual names are.

Last edited:
So I noticed that the url for Jose Ibarra's FB has the name Victor Franco in it so I looked at the friends of his to see if anyone has the name Franco and I found this FB account listed in Athens Georgia.. and then when I am looking around on it, I see that Gocho Franco is in fact Diego Ibarra so did they change their names?

In viewing Diego's FB his appearnace seems to be all over the place also. I know the booking photo shows a mane that appears older than 29.. but many of these FB photos are younger looking and thinner than what his face shot appears.

Diego Jose Ibarra

Whoever they are, "Gocho Franco" seems to be wearing black gloves an awful lot in the random videos...it just seems odd.

Whoever they are, "Gocho Franco" seems to be wearing black gloves an awful lot in the random videos...it just seems odd.
I don't know Spanish so I don't know what is being said or what songs are playing, but all the videos have a very dark theme.. even some of them with him partially masked.. it's just odd. The brothers look very similar and both seem to have gained and lost weight and changed their physical appearance at least from looking at their photos on FB. Very odd.

with this information would it be crazy to assume they both knew the surrounding campus area pretty well? We also know that Laken was an avid jogger who frequented the fields, perhaps the day of the murder wasn’t the first time Jose saw Larken or knew of her. I’m curious to know the outcome of the brother being investigated in all this
Eh, I don’t think it would be a safe assumption that they knew that part of campus well. The dining hall that Diego worked in briefly was on the other side of campus. My husband works at UGA but did not attend UGA, so his perspective of campus is much different than my own. (I’m a fourth generation UGA grad and grew up coming here all the time.) even though his job requires him on all parts of campus, he has never been to the IM fields and wouldn’t know how to get to the trail portion. People in Athens (students or otherwise) only go to that part of campus for the trails, the lake, or overflow parking on football Saturdays.

MOO

I actually feel sad and ashamed to write freely here in the wake of a murder, when a young woman has lost her life and her family members are living a real and painful nightmare. In these moments only silence corresponds. I don't know what I'm doing here. Apologies.
No apology needed. We can't change what has happened. Of course we all are heart broken at this loss of life for absolutely not reason other than evil exists. We come here to discuss things and when opinions differ it's a chance to learn other perspectives and think of things in new ways. As long as we are respectful to others, we can each have a different view and no hard feelings or offense is usually taken. You have every right to post here and share your thoughts. It's what we all do and none of us are "right" or "wrong". :)

No apology needed. We can't change what has happened. Of course we all are heart broken at this loss of life for absolutely not reason other than evil exists. We come here to discuss things and when opinions differ it's a chance to learn other perspectives and think of things in new ways. As long as we are respectful to others, we can each have a different view and no hard feelings or offense is usually taken. You have every right to post here and share your thoughts. It's what we all do and none of us are "right" or "wrong". :)
Thank You very much!

I am interested in the financial picture. These brothers cross the border illegally in Texas. I assume they are not trust-fund ‘refugees.’ Somehow they are able to travel all the way to NYC. After one of them at least, is arrested for committing a crime…they have the funds to get ALL THE WAY to Georgia.

Then, VOILA! they have a deposit to rent an apartment. It is just a months rent or two and security deposit?

They must be paying the rent.

If they are driving without a license, they have a car.

If they are arrested for drunk driving, they can afford alcohol and both look well fed.

Mid morning, one brother has enough time on his hands to beat a girl to death.

So where are they employed or WHO exactly is paying for their lifestyles ?
Bbm.
More like the bolded -- if he was a dishwasher and was fired for the fake green card. The uni. says he was not paid for however many days he'd worked.
Great points in your post, btw !

He didn't appear in the mugshot to be lacking anything, food or clean clothing.

The money trail.
Is someone(s) enabling the illegals ?
Where did this perp and it looks like his brother as well --get their moolah ?
The failures occurring in the system resulted in the death of an innocent young woman.
Omo.

Diego Jose Ibarra

The individual's ears in the photos/videos on the Gocho Franco Facebook profile are similar to the individual in the California video in relation to the Rachel Morin murder case. Has anyone else noticed this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back