GA - Winder - Apalachee High School school shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO the US needs... parents who take responsibility for their offspring, and parents who take responsibility for their guns. Making babies is generally the easy part, parenting has never been easy. Parenting requires at least some mature behavior. Mature behavior is NOT buying your 14 yr old a semi-automatic rifle that he can access any time he wants. Trigger locks and gun safes aren't expensive... and if you're smart enough to purchase and operate a gun, then you're smart enough to LOCK it... really lock it! If adult parents need help (drugs, poverty, mental illness)... ask for it. Don't leave it up to someone else... that someone else might end up a murder victim because of your irresponsible behavior.

all jmo

Last edited:

This is sad i love 2 know exactly y they didn’t investigate the Discord account more even after he said it wasn’t him and just let it go
Well they likely will now. Hindsight is 20/20 right? Sounds like the shooter came from an unstable environment from what we have seen posted by the mother's sister. The parents were probably too wrapped up in their own lives to give this kid the attention he needed. How terrible must the kid's life be that becoming a school shooter is what he feels is his only option.

IMOO something is very wrong here. One of these schools is just 2 miles from my home.
I agree. Making me wonder if the call about 4 schools threatened is true, and there was a group that had planned this.... All MOO.

IMO the US needs... parents who take responsibility for their offspring, and parents who take responsibility for their guns. Making babies is generally the easy part, parenting has never been easy. Parenting requires at least some mature behavior. Mature behavior is NOT buying your 14 yr old a semi-automatic rifle that he can access. Trigger locks and gun safes aren't expensive... and if you're smart enough to purchase and operate a gun, then you're smart enough to LOCK it... really lock it! If adult parents need help (drugs, poverty, mental illness)... ask for it. Don't leave it up to someone else... that someone else might end up a murder victim because of your irresponsible behavior.

all jmo
DBM Off topic.

Last edited:
I think this kid grew up in an extremely abusive and traumatic place, sadly he probably had no stable reference point of normal mental health.
<snipped for focus>

IIRC, it was posted upthread that his mother has been in and out of jail over the last few years and is a drug addict as well and lost custody of her children at some point. So his family life has definitely not been a stable reference point for normal mental health.

EBM

Last edited:
<snipped for focus>

IIRC, it was posted upthread that his mother has been in and out of correctional institutions for the past 17 years and is a drug addict as well. His family life has definitely not been a stable reference point for normal mental health.
Dysfunctional family. Very common for youth violence. Maybe a harder look at correcting that in time for possible prevention?

Just thinking out loud and not giving a solution. JMO.

I hope to find out why this young person felt that it was ok to kill innocent people.

Maybe if we find the answer to that question we can find a way to possibly prevent future attacks like this. JMO.

When I was young it was common for teens to get guns as gifts and have access to them and there were virtual no school shootings.

Access to guns hasn't changed. Mental health problems where kids want to kill others has. That's the problem that needs to be addressed. JMO.

I never know if it's mental illness or a mental disorder or a mental psychosis that people discuss. I will admit I've heard PTSD, ADHD, ADD, Bi-polar, terms tossed around a lot more over the past 10 years. I can't even keep up with the alphabet soup of acronyms. I'm not sure why but I've thought there's more drug-addicted parents in the past 10 years. There was heroin, and on to pain-killing drugs pushed by drug companies, and fent, and ketamine and well whatever else is in the mix today.

This father knew his son was possibly troubled or at least needed some special guidance (per previous visit by FBI) so gifting him a gun with unfettered access was an responsible things to do. Teach the child about the gun, spend time with him and the gun if that's what he wanted to do. But, not doing these things and not locking the guns...could just create the basis for a perfect horror incident. jmo

Last edited:
I never know if it's mental illness or a mental disorder or a mental psychosis that people discuss. I will admit I've heard PTSD, ADHD, ADD, Bi-polar, terms tossed around a lot more over the past 10 years. I can't even keep up with the alphabet soup of acronyms. I'm not sure why but I've thought there's more drug-addicted parents in the past 10 years. There was heroin, and on to pain-killing drugs pushed by drug companies, and fent, and ketamine and well whatever else is in the mix today.

This father knew his son was possibly troubled or at least needed some special guidance (per previous visit by FBI) so gifting him a gun with unfettered access was one of that last responsible things to do. Teach the child about the gun, spend time with him and the gun if that's what he wanted to do. But, not doing these things and not locking the guns...could just create the basis for a perfect horror incident. jmo
Thank you. I deleted my post because it went too far into gun control and not the specifics of this case.

You did a much better job than me with your reply.

I think that pushing for a specific retribution motivation is going to be difficult for a defense in this case.

We've seen bullying come up before as a defense, but this was literally the defendant's first or second day at school. There wasn't time for him to have beef or antagonistic relationships with students or staff. That tells me that the 'who' of the equation didn't matter. He just wanted to kill anyone who crossed his path. And that is far harder for a jury to empathise with.

MOO

I think that pushing for a specific retribution motivation is going to be difficult for a defense in this case.

We've seen bullying come up before as a defense, but this was literally the defendant's first or second day at school. There wasn't time for him to have beef or antagonistic relationships with students or staff. That tells me that the 'who' of the equation didn't matter. He just wanted to kill anyone who crossed his path. And that is far harder for a jury to empathise with.

MOO
Yes. CG had Adam Lanza's name disguised in Russian letters on Discord. He was idolizing school shooters.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back