GA - Winder - Apalachee High School school shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From his booking photo, I see a person possibly confused about their gender and/or sexuality. There was not going to be much support at home dealing with that. Perfect storm..

Sad outcome. Feel free to delete if I have stepped too far but that is my thought.
Weird take, honestly. All I see is a kid with bad hair.

MOO - Teens have been bleaching, cutting, dyeing, spiking, and otherwise finding ways to change their appearance as a form of control over their changing bodies for decades, if not centuries. I think suggesting CG was trans or gay, like many of his bullies supposedly did, is inappropriate.

The suspected shooter was a brand new student, and yesterday was his first "real day" of class, Barrow County Sheriff Jud Smith said.

“He was a brand new student to Barrow County Schools, he had enrolled about two weeks prior. This was his second day at school. He had been before, he left early, on that day and this was his first real full day,” Smith said referring to the shooting yesterday. Aug. 1 was the first day of school for the district.

Prior, the suspect had been at a local middle school, Smith said. According to the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office incident report from 2023, Colt Gray had previously attended Jefferson Middle School and prior to that West Jackson Middle School…

When asked if the shooting was preventable, Barrow County Sheriff Jud Smith said it's hard to say.

The 14-year-old suspect had been investigated following an FBI tip regarding a potential threat to shoot up a middle school last year.

“I feel confident that the FBI, the system worked,” Smith said Thursday.

“They notified local authorities, local authorities went to the house, interviewed him, interviewed his father, they did a report, they did what they were supposed to do, and found that there was no probable cause,” he continued. “Regardless of the situation, all of us have civil rights. He didn’t commit a crime. ... It was unfounded at the time, and so can anything be preventable? I don’t know. It’s hard to say.”

what happened to the witness who said he was chronically skipping class and who said he was a quiet kid with one-word answers

MOO - Teens have been bleaching, cutting, dyeing, spiking, and otherwise finding ways to change their appearance as a form of control over their changing bodies for decades, if not centuries. I think suggesting CG was trans or gay, like many of his bullies supposedly did, is inappropriate.
Believe it or not, the latest teen boy hairstyle trend is called the “Broccoli Cut”.
Just a bit of irrelevant info.

what happened to the witness who said he was chronically skipping class and who said he was a quiet kid with one-word answers
Yes, they said he was a new student and that it was his first full day. He left earlier the day before. Is it possible that he started school with some half days before this? The girl who said it made it sound like he had been there longer. He had been enrolled two weeks before this happened.

For Lyela Sayarath at Apalachee High, it was Algebra 1.

When the quiet boy sitting next to her got up during the lesson and left, the door closing and automatically locking behind him, Lyela thought nothing of it, she said.

This boy was known to skip class.

But then he came back.

The 14-year-old knocked on the classroom door, and a girl got up to let him back in before jumping back, startled.

The boy had an assault rifle.

Through the small window of the locked classroom door, Lyela saw the boy with the gun turn right toward another classroom, she later recalled.

Last edited:
What we are hearing about the lives of the children in Colt's family home is tragic. I am sure that there were potential crimes of abuse or neglect that were visited upon these children given the reports from people who knew them and spoke with MSM. It makes my heart ache.

What was visited upon the people in the school that day is criminal and there is no justification (not that people here are justifying). This young man has committed calculated murder that seems like he had been fantasizing about or planning for a long period of time. Anyone who knew that he was degrading in terms of his mental health has culpability here.

Each year before the start of school maybe the federal govt should send all households in the US a reminder about gun safety, things to look for in your child and the lastest court cases filed against parents.
TV commercials?

I like many here find it difficult to believe that gun owners, especially those with kids aren't aware that parents/adults are finally being held accountable along with being convicted.

The reality is, even if a student/child or adult for that matter, even if they get intensive inpatient treatment, that doesn't guarantee a thing. I've seen students in and out of inpatient treatment, various facilities, counseling, medications, ad infinitum and they can just as easily commit an act of violence...even after all attempts at restorative mental health have made.

The best remedy here, in my opinion, is in providing for a secure building, it lies in preventing the weapon from entering the building.

An AR-15.... this style rifle comes apart pretty easy. There's a rear part that, for lack of getting all detailed, the rear stock with the trigger can easily separate from the front barrel portion of the rifle, making it easy to conceal in a bookbag, knapsack, luggage, and even a briefcase if it's the right size.

Look 'em up online, search ar15 upper, and ar15 lower, and you'll easily discover the two main components and see pictures of how they come apart.

they'll just start shooting up busses or kids at recess

Discord is not like Websleuths at all… people can host private chat servers and you can delete messages & they will be erased forever. A lot of young child killers, harassment and suicide, pedophiles, illicit activity, etc have been linked to Discord. Recently there was a kid who said he’ll murder his mother and post the pics on his community’s server to prove it… he did and most of the kids thought it was so funny and a joke. Thankfully one of the kids reported what he saw in the server. The reality is if the kid never shared what he saw in that server, the boy may have gotten away with it.

I referenced “private servers” in which a lot of kids and young adults participate a while back that have been very problematic especially with young boys and young adult men and now there’s news out that the killer used Discord. Why am I not surprised?

A lot of boys use discord, mostly to game and chat with their friends… but you’ll also uncover extremely vile servers that share racist rhetoric, calls for genocide, calls for violence, & more. The kicker is the kids look peachy clean on surface, straight As, good track record, the family’s beloved boy who could do no wrong, etc, then you discover their online activity and it’s shocking.

is Discord to be on the dark web?

I said it’s “not dissimilar”, not that they’re the same. You can host private threads on here, too, with little oversight. There are all sorts of communities on Discord, and the relevant point being discussed was regarding IP addresses and anonymity. Discord complies with legal demands, messages aren’t encrypted, user logs are maintained as well as IP addresses. The purpose is not an anonymous chat service - that is something more like Telegram.

You can also find many of the things you list on most social media platforms. Discord is not special.

All my opinion.

is Telegram on the dark web?

Reactions: byo

Woodson told CNN that students told her that Aspinwall heard a commotion outside his classroom and went to see what was going on. When he did, he was shot in the chest by the 14-year-old suspect.

“His students pulled Ricky back into the classroom and used their own shirts to try to stop the bleeding and save him,” She explained, “If he didn’t walk out and take the bullet … who knows what would’ve happened.”

IMO:
For LE to have gotten a warrant for the father's arrest with the charges laid out for the judge at such a speed they must have walked into their home and found evidence in plain sight.
It could have been NPR today but I heard a news update on the shooter and the guy said more charges are expected.???
State/federal "hate crime" comes to my mind.

what happened to the witness who said he was chronically skipping class and who said he was a quiet kid with one-word
“im committing a mass shooting and im waiting a good 2-3 years,” stated the account user, according to screenshots included in an FBI incident report from May 2023 obtained by CNN. “I cant kill myself yet, cause I’m not contributing anything to culture I need to go out knowing I did.”

*so what changed since May 2023? Was he working on himself and trying to influence his culture? How did/does he define his culture? Did he have no friends? How did Colt spend his summer? Going back to school is stressful for kids no matter who we are. Was he an angry kid? What triggers did this kid have?

And for whoever had a problem with his bad haircut, leave him alone about it. I think he's a cute kid who should spend the remainder of his life in misery equivalent to all the pain he's inflicted on others. Anyone who judged him about his self-identity based on his haircut or color might seriously need to check themselves. This is WS and I hope we are a more socially intelligent group. He's a jailed killer now. His haircut matters not.

I do wonder how his out-of-control parents' behavior led to this day. What happened the last couple of days? School starting is the timing. But what were his activating thoughts the days before? I'm curious. Were the vitims really random? Did he decide that morning when he loaded his rifle who he was going to shoot or did he just go in blasting?

Last edited:
IMO:
For LE to have gotten a warrant for the father's arrest with the charges laid out for the judge at such a speed they must have walked into their home and found evidence in plain sight.
It could have been NPR today but I heard a news update on CC and the guy said more charges are expected.
State/federal "hate crime" comes to my mind.
Somewhere, it was stated that there will be charges for those who were injured.
Those charges are waiting until they get a chance to talk with the survivors.

He really never had much of a chance.

There are other kids who come from extremely dysfunctional backgrounds who would never do what he did. There are many other kids who are bullied but have some support so they won’t do what he did. Some kids grow up hunting and with access to guns who will never shoot anyone. It is the combination of all these things that contributed to what he chose to do.
All true.
Same with mental illness, it's not the reason, though it is sometimes present, like all the factors that can be present.

Somewhere, it was stated that there will be charges for those who were injured.
Those charges are waiting until they get a chance to talk with the survivors.
Thanks, I'm following here and there and lots is lost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M
Back