GA - Winder - Apalachee High School school shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"The maternal grandmother of the 14-year-old suspect in the deadly Apalachee High School shooting in Winder, Georgia, visited the school the day before the massacre to discuss the suspect's alleged behavioral issues, the family revealed to CBS News Saturday."
Where was the father during this time period?
Did anyone call the father?

Why in hell didn't the mother and/or school immediately call LE to find him?

"I was the one that notified the school counselor at the high school,” Marcee Gray texted her sister following the shooting on Sept. 4, according to a screenshot of the exchange. “I told them it was an extreme emergency and for them to go immediately and find [my son] to check on him.”

And still no one called LE?

“I was the one that notified the school counselor at the high school,” Gray said in a text message to her sister, Annie Brown, according to a screenshot of the conversation obtained by the Post. “I told them it was an extreme emergency and for them to go immediately and find [my son] to check on him.”

Brown declined to elaborate what prompted Gray to warn the school, but Charles Polhamus, the suspect's grandfather, told the New York Post Saturday that Gray rushed to Winder, about 50 miles northeast of Atlanta, after getting a text message from her son that read “I’m sorry, mom."

Mother of Georgia shooting suspect said she called school before attack, report says

and both boys were not in the classroom
also explains the confusion with the classmate saying he skipped a lot of classes yet reports said it was only his first or second day - she must have been referring to the other kid IMO
She also said that he sat right next to her. It is possible that since he was chronically absent in middle school that his first two weeks were half days with academic classes like math in the morning to help him adjust to being in school again. He missed some of those mornings. He chose to do this on his first full day which also explains why they said he left early the day before. He had been enrolled two weeks before this happened.

The father of the alleged Georgia school shooter reportedly took only his most precious possessions when the family was evicted -- his guns ... abandoning the dogs and family photos.

9/7/2024 7:29 AM PT

The mother of alleged Georgia school shooter Colt Gray made a frantic phone call just before he opened fire, telling school officials she got a call from her son and she feared the worst.

9/8/2024 6:00 AM PT

Parent calls school @9:50 am ET
LE is notified of the shooting @around 10:20 am ET

bbm

WINDER, Ga. -- The mother of the teenager suspected of killing four people during a Georgia school shooting called to warn a school counselor prior to the shooting, the gunman's aunt said Saturday.

Marcee Gray described an unspecified "extreme emergency" involving her 14-year-old son Colt during a Wednesday morning call to the school, sometime before the shooting began, Gray's sister Annie Brown told the Washington Post and later confirmed to CNN.

The next step in the case against Gray will be a grand jury meeting on October 17. This will be followed by a scheduled arraignment before the trial process is started, Smith said. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for December 4, Mingledorff said.

And still no one called LE?

“I was the one that notified the school counselor at the high school,” Gray said in a text message to her sister, Annie Brown, according to a screenshot of the conversation obtained by the Post. “I told them it was an extreme emergency and for them to go immediately and find [my son] to check on him.”

Brown declined to elaborate what prompted Gray to warn the school, but Charles Polhamus, the suspect's grandfather, told the New York Post Saturday that Gray rushed to Winder, about 50 miles northeast of Atlanta, after getting a text message from her son that read “I’m sorry, mom."

Mother of Georgia shooting suspect said she called school before attack, report says

So the mother rushes to the school, calls the school about an extreme emergency when she gets an "I'm sorry, mom" text from her son. How did she know this text was related to his decision to shoot up the school? IMO, there's a lot more we don't know. It sounds like when the parents in the Ethan Crumbley case heard about the school shooting and immediately thought/knew it was their son.

The mother may want to lawyer-up as well as the father, IMO.

And now they're all blaming the school. What did she know, and when.

So the mother rushes to the school, calls the school about an extreme emergency when she gets an "I'm sorry, mom" text from her son. How did she know this text was related to his decision to shoot up the school? IMO, there's a lot more we don't know. It sounds like when the parents in the Ethan Crumbley case heard about the school shooting and immediately thought/knew it was their son.

The mother may want to lawyer-up as well as the father, IMO.

And now they're all blaming the school. What did she know, and when.
In my opinion, the text sounds suicidal and not homicidal. What option did she have other than call the school? She couldn't call the father to ask if he was at home or at school.

In my opinion, the text sounds suicidal and not homicidal. What option did she have other than call the school? She couldn't call the father to ask if he was at home or at school.

It makes the most sense that she would think that he might be suicidal after receiving such a text. However, the reporting suggests that she was concerned it might be something else. Family members said earlier that about a week before the shooting they feared that he was homicidal or suicidal. So it is unclear what she thought at that moment when she called the school. I am sure we will eventually find out the whole story.

I wonder why he called his mother instead of his father.

Maybe unresolved emotions about his mom? Wanted to see if she still cared about him?

Maybe he didn’t want to be stopped and he knew his dad, living nearby, could potentially get there in time to stop him?

Maybe punishing them both in different ways? Hurting his dad by not turning to him with an apology, or hurting his mom by making her have to frantically drive to his school three hours away?

Or just his whim at the time?

Just speculating.

So dysfunctional. That right there, shows how messed up this family is, when a mother and father don't even communicate about their children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back