GA - Winder - Apalachee High School school shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This terminology has me wondering, does anybody have a factual link to exactly what rifle was used in this incident?

I'm no armorer, nor an expert, but it's been my experience that one of the defining characteristics of the ar-15 is that it is composed of an 'upper' and a 'lower' that can be easily broken down in to two parts.
"Some words cross two meanings, each separate, but both interwined."

Faux mysticism aside, I am not an expert either. Anyways.....

- As you noted, AR15 type weapons can be broken down easily into two parts. But, in full size rifles, both parts, though relatively small, would still be difficult to fully conceal in a student back pack.

- But..... a good many manufacturers offer compact carbine models, and also offer ultra compact variants. These models have folding stocks and short barrels. If the weapon is broken down into two parts, they could fit in a larger style school back pack.

So, what the Sherriff is likely saying is that: "The murderer used an AR-15, but it was not one of the more compact models. Thus, even when broken down, it could not fully fit in a back pack."

I am not a gunsmith but, I've built a couple AR-15s over the years. You are correct, they consist of an upper and lower that can be broken down into two parts. Depending on the length of the barrel, the upper may or may not be easily concealable in at school backpack. That said, there was a picture either in this thread or in an article posted upthread that showed an AR-15 laying on the ground at the school with LEOs around it. I assumed this was CG's firearm as LEOs would not lay their firearms on the ground.

"Some words cross two meanings, each separate, but both interwined."

Faux mysticism aside, I am not an expert either. Anyways.....

- As you noted, AR15 type weapons can be broken down easily into two parts. But, in full size rifles, both parts, though relatively small, would still be difficult to fully conceal in a student back pack.

- But..... a good many manufacturers offer compact carbine models, and also offer ultra compact variants. These models have folding stocks and short barrels. If the weapon is broken down into two parts, they could fit in a larger style school back pack.

So, what the Sherriff is likely saying is that: "The murderer used an AR-15, but it was not one of the more compact models. Thus, even when broken down, it could not fully fit in a back pack."
Here's the picture I mentioned in my post above, it is is Dotta's post #241.
1726175719504.png

This terminology has me wondering, does anybody have a factual link to exactly what rifle was used in this incident? The reason I ask is, the term "ar-15" is being thrown about, and now I see this sheriff states "assault-style" rifle that could not be broken down.

I'm no armorer, nor an expert, but it's been my experience that one of the defining characteristics of the ar-15 is that it is composed of an 'upper' and a 'lower' that can be easily broken down in to two parts.

So, I'm seeking information. If anyone has a link to an actual ar-15 that doesn't break down in to those two aforementioned parts, the upper, and the lower, I'd be interested in that, and if there is any link indicating exactly what rifle this kid used that day, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks, :)

.450 Bushmaster? Not very familiar with firearms so IDK but this article mentions it.

However...

Teachers actually are not allowed to leave a classroom as they are ultimately responsible for students...

Speaking from experience...
This gets difficult at times...

JMO...
Can they use a phone to make sure the warning is received and acted on immediately? I would hope so.

I see no excuse for this lack of concern for everyone's safety. JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTibbits
Back