GA-Winder-Massive police presence at Apalachee High School.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not mass shootings but additional threats in GA since yesterday's mass shooting:

Last edited:
Sometimes. I know they use them for wild hogs sometimes. General varmints, coyotes. More likely, as was said above, the phrasing was chosen specifically to mislead; while you CAN, I can't say I know anyone who DOES use them for varmint hunting. My dad just uses his trusty old Browning .30-06 since we don't have hogs this far north.
A 30-06 is a much larger caliber than the .223 AR. Hogs are safer hunted with larger calibers. Javelina are often hunted with an .223. They are smaller than feel hogs. Most hunters I know have ARs for plinking and smaller game. Deer are usually too large for a .22 size bullet like a .223. I use them for plinking and target practice. This is my experience.

The 14-year-old arrested after a mass killing at Georgia’s Apalachee High School had been “begging for months” for mental health help before he allegedly carried out a deadly attack Wednesday, according to an aunt of the shooting suspect.

He “was begging for help from everybody around him,” Annie Brown, the aunt, told The Washington Post. “The adults around him failed him.”
Is it bad that i feel some level of sympathy for him?

"Colt gray" is a shade of gray.sometimes used in gun marleting, on top of "Colt" being a young intact horse.

and? every name means something to someone somewhere
I just don't see it as an unusual or strange name at all

“I’m going to be mad as hell if he did” make threats about a school shooting, said the father, Colin Gray, according to a transcript of the May 2023 interview obtained by The New York Times. “Then all the guns will go away,” he added.

Records from an eviction the previous year show that Mr. Gray owned several weapons, including an AR-15, the type of firearm that officials say was used in the shooting on Wednesday morning at Apalachee High School in Winder, Ga.

Thank you for this insight. Very revealing.

I have an acquaintance whose son was a troubled kid and I saw her family go through hell trying to get services for him. They were an educated, employed, rather well-off family...and were devastated emotionally and financially in efforts to get the kid help. There is NOT ENOUGH HELP.

Not saying that is the case here as the family didn't even remove guns after the FBI came knocking. I don't know if they sought help or not, but they sure didn't take responsibility of safety and I expect charges to be made. The parents put the community at risk and they knew it and apparently didn't care.

jmo
For sure. I know a well off family who wound up doing one of those things where the program comes in the middle of the night and takes the kid. It was an insanely expensive place that was supposedly really nice. Idk what happened. But once you’re at level it’s like what the heck else do you do?

Absolutely disgusting
Apparently she feels he’s been wronged in the past and she’s mad about it. Not a good post for her to make but I get the sentiment. Sometimes it seems like kids don’t have a chance to be well balanced given their environment.

“I would be curious to know what type of security measures are in place, meaning when the child was dropped off or got off the school bus. Meaning -- when he was making an entrance into the school yesterday did he go through an x-ray? Does he go through a magnetometer? Is there any sort of screening process?” questioned Kaplan.

Kaplan says if it’s determined the weapon that was used belonged to the parents, they too might be facing charges in connection with the shooting

”Metal detectors should be a thing,” Palesotti said.

”I think metal detectors should be even though it’s going to be a cost added to the school. It’s going to be very useful for detecting what’s in their bags,” parent Romeo Roman said.

Another parent told us the increased security should start with the teachers checking kids’ backpacks every day.

It is interesting to hear about outside the US because this country is such an outlier with the easy access to weapons and the variable security of school buildings. Thank you for sharing
My reply from UK was deleted … obviously view from afar was offensive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom
Back