GA-Winder-Massive police presence at Apalachee High School.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
Georgia is ok with this kind of thing. Its why they allow degenerate fathers to buy AR 15 style weapons for 14 yo kids.

The penalty is 1 to 10 yrs. They won't give him max because the local judges probably think the same way as the father. I'll wager he'll have his sentenced reduced to 1 yr, 2 max.

For 2nd degree murder? I'm seeing 10 to 30 years per count as possible sentence.

Anyone know why only 2 counts of 2nd degree murder right now?

This article answers that question.

In Georgia, second-degree murder means that a person has caused the death of another person while committing second-degree cruelty to children, regardless of intent. It is punishable by 10 to 30 years in prison, while malice murder and felony murder carry a minimum sentence of life.

This article answers that question.

In Georgia, second-degree murder means that a person has caused the death of another person while committing second-degree cruelty to children, regardless of intent. It is punishable by 10 to 30 years in prison, while malice murder and felony murder carry a minimum sentence of life.
That really explains it better thank you

That Michigan shooter was charged as an adult and it didn't affect the ability to also charge his parents. My question is more about the law in Georgia, and if it allows for the father to be charged in the first place.
Has/will Fani Willis made a statement?

AG Nessel Issues Statement on New Charges in Oxford ...​

State of Michigan (.gov)
https://www.michigan.gov › press-releases › 2021/12/03

Dec 3, 2021 — LANSING - Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel ... "I fully support Prosecutor McDonald's issuance of charges against Jennifer and James Crumbley .

"Colin Gray, age 54, has been charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second degree murder and eight counts of cruelty to children."

My question is why only two counts of second degree murder?
Also what was the reasoning behind the eight counts of cruelty to children?

At the press conference, the officials also expressed that these are just the start of charges and more charges may still come

JMO

My question is - are parents around the country getting the message? Are they getting rid of guns in the home if they have a young family member who is troubled?

My guess: nope.

jmo

How many parents have had some sort of murder charges filed against them in similar situations? ETA: If it (charges) occurs more frequently then maybe open-access to guns will become limited? Maybe?

My question is - are parents around the country getting the message? Are they getting rid of guns in the home if they have a young family member who is troubled?

jmo

I thought most gun owners and 2A supporters paid attention to the Crumbley charges/convictions, especially those with children.
Silly me,

For 2nd degree murder? I'm seeing 10 to 30 years per count as possible sentence.
For now, I'll wait and see what the second degree murder charge. He's already been charged with involuntary manslaughter for the 4 deaths. His son killed 4 people. Not sure where they're coming up two of them getting a second degree murder charge. It's Georgia, though, so who knows.

JMO, it's for PR purposes.

jmo
i mean it seems like a lot of these kids come from families where the parents have extremely poor judgment and are dealing with their own mental health/anger/addiction/personality problems. Since guns are easily available, what's stopping the most irresponsible, incapable, impulsive, impaired folks in every community from allowing their offspring open access to dangerous weapons? We've seen one family successfully charged and their behavior was exceptionally egregious.

For now, I'll wait and see what the second degree murder charge. He's already been charged with involuntary manslaughter for the 4 deaths. His son killed 4 people. Not sure where they're coming up two of them getting a second degree murder charge. It's Georgia, though, so who knows.

JMO, it's for PR purposes.

This post explains why. I believe the 2 second degree charges will stick:

Post in thread 'GA-Winder-Massive police presence at Apalachee High School.'
GA-Winder-Massive police presence at Apalachee High School.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153
Back