Gag order denied !!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually, Baez made a derogatory comment which caused the Judge to stop the proceedings and issue some admonishing remarks about behavior in the Courtroom.

That lack of professional conduct was also very clear.

jmho:)

IIRC, the admonishing remarks made by Judge Strickland were made to both parties because both sides were getting heated.

Oh No, now the defense and the Anthonys can continue to spew the garbage that Caylee is alive to taint the jury pool. I think thats why the prosecution was trying to get a gag order. I actually don't think they should have gotten one tho. The horse left the barn long ago and Baez stated. I think it really hurts Baez and the Anthonys tho to keep spewing this stuff. I don't think it helps a bit. They all looked whacked if you ask me.

I believe the denial of the gag order will backfire on the lot of them (the A's). It gives them just enough rope to finish hanging themselves with.

JB didn't want it because all the lies they are spreading is the only thing he has that even smacks of a defense. But that's fine, let the A's go down with KC, that's how it should be.

After all, in the end, Dr. Frankenstein did go down with his monster.

Furthermore, with all the contact Baez has had with the Anthony family, he could have made it more abundantly clear that this is not audience participation and waving arm to get called on is okay in the classroom but not in Court. And yes I realize he is not the A's lawyer.

There are ways to prevent that type of conduct. :wink:

baez threw a couple of barbs at Mr. Anton which made him look unprofessional. IMO
Anyways, no gag order is fine. Gives some people more time to blab.:crazy:
moo :)

IIRC, the admonishing remarks made by Judge Strickland were made to both parties because both sides were getting heated.

Baez's "scam" accusation put the Judge over the top....

It brought out the "WHOA, Nellie".....

I must have been watching a different hearing yesterday.

I saw and heard Judge Strickland lose his cool when JB said that the SA office needed to be looked at for the "copying" scam they had going on. Strickland stopped JB and told both parties to stop attacking each other. Then JB brought up the scam thing again, as if he didn't hear the judge's reprimand.

I said this before, after the bond hearing. JB is VERY inexperienced. It's as if he scripts out his appeals and then he spits it out in the courtroom. If the judge stops him in the middle of his script (like the scam thing) and demands that he stop with his attack, JB is unable to update his script. It completely throws JB off. A litigator needs to be able to "drop back and punt" when things come up in the courtroom. JB can not do this.

Another observation that I made was that JB tries to be funny when it is entirely inappropriate. His courtroom instincts are way off. I believe his delivery and demeanor in the courtroom is going to hurt KC. I do not believe that he is going to be able to connect with the jury.

I was in favor of the gag order if it applied to the Anthonys. Since it doesn't apply to them it doesn't matter to me if it was granted or denied.

CA's behavior in the courtroom yesterday was unbelievable. It was disrespectful and classless. She continues to amaze me. The fact that she has "lost" a grandchild is wearing thin for me.

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll.

Sincerely,
BeagleMom

I for one am glad they denied the CAG order, but now let's see if they deny the GAG order... One thing is for sure, a Cag order sounds real bad.

lol

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Revisiting the issue of the gag order...

Here is the order denying the motion.
http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18152687.pdf

Of particluar note was case law cited in the order..
WESH Television Inc. v. Freeman, 697 So.2d 532 (5th DCA 1997)

Here is the OS story on the topic...
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey2608nov26,0,848692.story

Casey Anthony waived her appearance and was not there. She remains in the Orange County Jail on a slew of charges, including first-degree murder in the disappearance of her daughter. Since her daughter, then 2 years old, was reported missing July 15, the single mother has insisted that Caylee was taken by a baby sitter. The toddler's body has not been found.

* KC wasn't in court and had waived her appearance.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.wftv.com/news/18141523/detail.html

Baez used case law to argue he could fight his case any way he wanted.

"The court, in Gentile v. Nevada, laid it out clearly that lawyers have First Amendment rights, too," Baez said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back