gaps in timeline

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something odd I just realized:

According to Jeremy, he was alerted to something being amiss by the fact that the lights were on, the door was unlocked, and the computer room window was open (with screen tampered with). He then goes into the bedroom, wakes up Debbie, asks why the lights are on, door is open, etc. etc. He then asks Debbie where Lisa is, and accordng to Debbie, she says, "In her crib. What are you talking about?".

But in another interview, the story both parents give is that they checked on the boys, then went to check on Lisa and she was missing.

WTH?! Is my memory bad...am I not recalling what the parent's have said correctly?! Both of these statements can't be true!!

The open window in the computer room - and whether or not DB opened it - is baffling to me. She was going to be at home alone during the night with three children in her care, and that window is a distance from where she would be sleeping. Whether I was at home alone or not, I would never leave a window open that was in the front of the house when I my bedroom is at the rear and on the other side of the house. On this night when she should have made every effort to insure her safety and that of the three children, Deborah seems to have thrown caution to the wind. jmo

Here we find Debbie saying, "He asked why Michael was sleeping with me, and I was like, you know, he's sleeping next to me. And, um, I guess with everything he was saying outloud to me, you know, he thought, wait a minute, Lisa's bedroom door was open, and we always close it when she goes to sleep at night, and he ran back and he checked and he came back in the room and he said, 'where is Lisa? Where is she at?', and I said, "She's in her crib..what do you.."

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justi...ssing-baby-lisa-speak-out/?playlist_id=163706

So, Jeremy knew Lisa's bedroom door was open, and that was unusual, but according to the other interview JI gave, he checked on the boys first (even though one of the boys was still in bed with Debbie) and THEN checked on Lisa?!

What am I missing here?

The open window in the computer room - and whether or not DB opened it - is baffling to me. She was going to be at home alone during the night with three children in her care, and that window is a distance from where she would be sleeping. Whether I was at home alone or not, I would never leave a window open that was in the front of the house when I my bedroom is at the rear and on the other side of the house. On this night when she should have made every effort to insure her safety and that of the three children, Deborah seems to have thrown caution to the wind. jmo

This is interesting to me, in that she seems not to either care or know about home safety. But she does make sure she closes all the interior doors at night, in case of fire.

This is one precaution I had never heard. I've always kept my interior doors open for air circulation purposes. The bedroom seemed to get too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer if we didn't keep our doors open.

I don't know though, perhaps if I had been in a home fire I might feel differently.

Title of this thread "Gaps in the timeline"

Well here are some that I certainly would like cleared up.

What time did dad leave for work?

What did DB do with the kids for dinner and what time was dinner?

Was a regular school night routine practiced? ie: dinner, homework (I know they are young but even kindergartners have a weedle bit - or at least momma should read to them) then baths?

What was going on from say 6:00 (after DB was back from the store/wine trip) until 7:30 when DB put Lisa down and then what was going on from 7:30 to 10:30 when DB went to bed?

Did dad take a "lunch hour" that night? What did he do? Was he working close enough to stop at home and if so, what time was that?

Did dad call home at any time that night? Maybe just to check to see how everyone was - since it was his first night away?

There is just too much time unaccounted for in the reporting of the events early in the evening. No way to make any kind of "informed" or "educated" guesses on what actually happened to Baby Lisa.

Look at the interview where she talks about the window being left open. Again, we see her dissolve into hysterical tears (she can't continue). I'm going to come right out and say it plain...Debbie appears to dissolve into fits of hysteria whenever she doesn't like a question that is being asked. And reporters stop asking the questions and start saying, "I can't imagine how difficult this is for you." Effective, wouldn't you agree?

I think THIS is why we have gaps in the timeline. Because Debbie doesn't WANT a clear timeline.

JMO, MOO, etc. etc.

Well, we have to use logic to start putting what little facts we have together to determine what happed leading up to the missing child. Here's my two cents....... I firmly believe the baby was alive when she went to the store. She obviously bought baby supplies. One could argue that her reasoning was to prove the baby was alive and get that purchase on surveilance. However, she omited this trip to the police instead of barking out "I bought baby supplies" in an effort to hide a death prior to that.... I don't think she wanted the police to know she was buying the wine because I think whatever happened is linked to her being drunk. I think if it were a true abduction she would just say, I was so drunk I slept through it.... I think there was an accident, it happened after the boys went to bed, and she's hiding it...... Like I said, an accident when you are sober leads to no charges, add in intoxication and it's a whole other ballgame with the chance of carrying serious time behind bars - who would want to leave your other child and go to prison if you just lost your baby? Just MHO.....

No, you are not crazy. The interviews are confusing with regard to the exact sequence of events that led to them calling 911. The father also said he checked on the boys first but we know one of the boys was with mother so how could he have checked on the boys?

Maybe his first thought was that one of the boys had been up, so he accounted for them as his first impulse. Found one in there, check in DB's room and found the other- then realized everyone else was accounted for and wondered, out loud, where Lisa was. Usually if someone is sleeping with mom, it's the youngest- so it's a fair question. Then he/they go in to check on her last because it hadn't occurred to them yet that she would be anywhere else, since cribs usually contain babies so they can't leave.

I'm only offering that there are a great many things that can flavor the way a story is told, and in something as analyzed as this, it won't always make sense until you get every detail explained. I'm sure LE has gotten the full story enough times that they have made more sense of it. They may not believe it, but they probably are making more sense of their story.

Look at the interview where she talks about the window being left open. Again, we see her dissolve into hysterical tears (she can't continue). I'm going to come right out and say it plain...Debbie appears to dissolve into fits of hysteria whenever she doesn't like a question that is being asked. And reporters stop asking the questions and start saying, "I can't imagine how difficult this is for you." Effective, wouldn't you agree?

I think THIS is why we have gaps in the timeline. Because Debbie doesn't WANT a clear timeline.

JMO, MOO, etc. etc.

Yes, this is true. I keep holding out for hope. Hoping it's a crazed woman who wanted a baby, because that's the best case scenario for a good outcome. But the further we get into this, the gaps that are checked off, I just don't know anymore. She does seem to cry conveniently. I thought perhaps it's because it's emotional for her to remember those awful details. Now I'm not so sure.

I hope LE is questioning her friend that was there that night.

This is interesting to me, in that she seems not to either care or know about home safety. But she does make sure she closes all the interior doors at night, in case of fire.

This is one precaution I had never heard. I've always kept my interior doors open for air circulation purposes. The bedroom seemed to get too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer if we didn't keep our doors open.

I don't know though, perhaps if I had been in a home fire I might feel differently.

Do we know her intention was fire safety? Because some people do that so the kid won't get woken up, or because they practice a cry-it-out to sleep method and don't want to hear them scream. Some practice it simply because that's what THEIR parents did and they never questioned it. We don't know her reasoning, unless I missed something.

Please take with a box of salt ... It was discussed "somewhere" here + towards the end, stated that, yes they did have a landline. However I don't remember where or have a link.

JMO - It made me wonder why there was any delay on 911 until JI found his work cell, on his person. Why not use the landline, if there was one? So, I'm not so sure. How's that for wishy washy? :D

MOO - As far as checking on the kids... Putting the bits together, it sounded to me like - JI came in, went to shut window, discovered bent screen, went to check on boys first (maybe he found only the one in his room), went to the master bedroom, saw 2nd boy, asked about Lisa (because maybe he saw the open door on the way), then they went together to find the empty crib. I "assumed" he might have "assumed" both the one boy + Lisa were going to be in bed with DB when he found an empty bed + open door, maybe without even looking in the crib - knowing she'd had a cough / cold, DB liked to snuggle with the kids + it was his first night away from home.

Very wishy washy if they do have a landline. That's why I think LE is so focused on one of the parents..................

Title of this thread "Gaps in the timeline"

Well here are some that I certainly would like cleared up.

What time did dad leave for work?

What did DB do with the kids for dinner and what time was dinner?

Was a regular school night routine practiced? ie: dinner, homework (I know they are young but even kindergartners have a weedle bit - or at least momma should read to them) then baths?

What was going on from say 6:00 (after DB was back from the store/wine trip) until 7:30 when DB put Lisa down and then what was going on from 7:30 to 10:30 when DB went to bed?

Did dad take a "lunch hour" that night? What did he do? Was he working close enough to stop at home and if so, what time was that?

Did dad call home at any time that night? Maybe just to check to see how everyone was - since it was his first night away?

There is just too much time unaccounted for in the reporting of the events early in the evening. No way to make any kind of "informed" or "educated" guesses on what actually happened to Baby Lisa.
Those are all questions I have as well. Obviously missing is the time he went to work, and how long he was actually at work (as you asked, were there any breaks?). As for the children's dinner, however, that should have been around the time DB was at the store buying wine. What is also odd is having a "movie night" on a night when the children would have been going to school the next day.

:waitasec:

Those are all questions I have as well. Obviously missing is the time he went to work, and how long he was actually at work (as you asked, were there any breaks?). As for the children's dinner, however, that should have been around the time DB was at the store buying wine. What is also odd is having a "movie night" on a night when the children would have been going to school the next day.

yes, panthera and isn't it very odd that those are some of the EXACT SAME questions we asked in the Cummings case as well?

Everyone keeps comparing this to the Anthony case but I don't see it that way.

This case is almost identical to Haleigh Cummings in almost every detail. Very odd dontcha think?

yes, panthera and isn't it very odd that those are some of the EXACT SAME questions we asked in the Cummings case as well?

Everyone keeps comparing this to the Anthony case but I don't see it that way.

This case is almost identical to Haleigh Cummings in almost every detail. Very odd dontcha think?

Most definitely agree - almost page for page out of that playbook. The strangest coincidence, in my opinion, is in this case DB sleeping in a room next to where Lisa was, admitting to always having a baby monitor 'on', yet not hearing a sound coming from that room when Lisa is allegedly abducted. Just like the first accounts of Haleigh's case, though, "mom" is sleeping with an older child in her bed. The only difference here is, unlike with Haleigh, that Lisa could NOT have gotten out of the house on her own and wandered off somewhere.

Do we know her intention was fire safety? Because some people do that so the kid won't get woken up, or because they practice a cry-it-out to sleep method and don't want to hear them scream. Some practice it simply because that's what THEIR parents did and they never questioned it. We don't know her reasoning, unless I missed something.

You're right, Abby, I don't know if that was her reasoning, or if was something I heard here. Good catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most definitely agree - almost page for page out of that playbook. The strangest coincidence, in my opinion, is in this case DB sleeping in a room next to where Lisa was, admitting to always having a baby monitor 'on', yet not hearing a sound coming from that room when Lisa is allegedly abducted. Just like the first accounts of Haleigh's case, though, "mom" is sleeping with an older child in her bed. The only difference here is, unlike with Haleigh, that Lisa could NOT have gotten out of the house on her own and wandered off somewhere.
yep, yep and yep. Instead of a "bricko block" propping open the back door we have a pushed in screen.

AND even right down to the times - "I seen 3". :eek:

Still want to know dad's times that night. What time went to work? What time took "lunch"? Did he call home at all?

yep, yep and yep. Instead of a "bricko block" propping open the back door we have a pushed in screen.

AND even right down to the times - "I seen 3". :eek:

Still want to know dad's times that night. What time went to work? What time took "lunch"? Did he call home at all?

Depending on what time he actually left for work, it may be a moot point if he called home later on. According to Judge Jeanine's program last night, the cell phones were always kept on the kitchen counter. If DB couldn't even hear someone abducting her baby on the baby monitor, how would she hear the cell phone ringing if she was in bed?

DH and my home has a very open floor plan with access doors only to bedrooms, bathrooms, laundry room, and walk-in closet. We never close doors during the night for the same reasons that you've mentioned, nor have I heard about the fire-safety thing. If there were children in my home, I would want to hear them if they cough, have a bad dream, snore, get up to use the bathroom, call out to me, etc. There weren't baby monitors when DH and I were young parents, so we relied on our hearing to alert us when needed during the night.

JMO, MOO, etc. etc.

Yes, there appear to be certain "triggers" to DB's explosive outbursts. If I had time to watch interviews again, I'd take notes. I will take special care to watch DB's reactions to certain questions during the interview tomorrow morning.

Rethinking the few facts we know, I don't understand a parent of a missing child -a missing baby--having a gap in the timeline. The gap imo doesn't bode well for the mom.

imo

She spent some of her night reprogramming the phones.

I do not find it odd that she let her boys watch a movie. DAd was gone and it helps take up some of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine