Garrotte

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The sketch and the picture do not depict the same body position. This proves my point. If the sketch is accurate, there is no way the picture could be what it is without the arms being moved.

Also, the heart on the palm is not accurately depicted, and was there a bracelet on the left writst? And what is that mark on the right wrist?

The sketch does show how close the handle is to the level of the wrist ligature.

And I have seen personally a body in rigor have the arms and legs moved by force and repositioned.

There is evidence of at least one other attack to the neck below the final position of the cord. The final position does not mean the cord was used for strangulation. It is possible there was as initial strangulation causing unconsciouness and the cord was moved. Maybe the cord was not even used for the initial strangulation.

I'm not saying posing was definitely part of the crime, but it is suggested. Posing bodies of murder victims comes up quite often in true crime and crime novels.

They are both of the exact position of the body, just different perspectives. One is the photo from an angle that shows the right side of her face. The sketch is from the left side. Read the autopsy. Your point is not proven and is in fact disproven from the photo and sketch which are exactly the same but from different angles. Refuse to believe it if you want, but IMO you're wrong.

Try this experiment, lay down flat on your back on the floor. Put your head towards your right shoulder, notice it doesn't go flat against the ground? Now put your arms up over your head without trying to stretch them out. You'll notice your elbows bend and they lay more flatly than your head does so there will be a difference in height from the floor to each extremity. JonBenet's body was turned onto her left side to take that photo, she was in rigor. If you were to hold yourself completely ridged in that position and have someone turn you onto your left side they could get the same exact photo angle.

I don't believe there was any "posing" of the body. Her arms were not moved for photographing or it would have been noted. It would have to have been noted....

Seeker said:
They are both of the exact position of the body, just different perspectives.

Not according to my perception of spatial relationships.

Seeker said:
Her arms were not moved for photographing or it would have been noted. It would have to have been noted....

That's your speculation.

If it was used only after the fact in terms of staging... I cant imagine who would think of such a thing? And why? I could see tying her up maybe....and I can see the duct tape...but why this odd broken paintbrush, long cord thing? I dont believe for the life of me that this thing was simply staging. It is too bizarre. So what does that leave? It had to have some reason, some purpose.

I couldn't agree more that the garrote/ AEA device - whatever it was, is - cannot be part of any "staging" that may have occurred here. Itreally is just too bizarre. In my opinion, just for the ake of argument lets say that it was in fact part of the "staging" - whoever staged- The Ramseys or an intruder -has to be a real sicko to begin with! The big questions is who would KNOW enough about it - the knots and all??? OR who go to that much troubled to stage something like that if she was already dead. That makes no sense to me!

I believe that it's possible that the Ramseys where involved and that the body was moved, cleaned, redressed I think it had to be in a panic state, by either the family or an intruder.

It seems to me that it's more likely than not that because of her "public image" Jonbenet was subject to sexual abuse before the murder or it was the result of someone who had been preying on her and finally got their chance.

BrotherMoon said:
CYril Wecht was on the radio here in Denver last week, and he went off about how minimal the vaginal damage was. I think sex has it's role in this crime but it is ancillary to the major themes refered to in the ransom note.

I beleive Dr.Wecht on this one because the damage to the vagina was part of the staging to make it look like some pediophile was responsible for JBR's death.The vaginal damage was the result of staging not some gentle rapist.If a real rape had occurred much more tissue damage and tearing would have been present.

eliza said:
Hi Fulton. Your theory is a possiblity, but one of the main reasons I tend to stick to a BDI theory is the strangulation with a blow to the head. I can see an adult going into a rage and grabbing her collar until she was nearly strangled, but the blow to the head just doesn't make sense to me. If an adult were the perp you would think reality would set in once they realized what their rage had inflicted on their young victim instead of finishing them off with a blow to the head. But then again anything is possible.
Hi eliza
I have always felt that the shirt collar was grabbed and cut off the flow of blood and air to JB.The blow to the head was done at the same time that the shirt collar was being held,thus the very little bleeding. All done in split second of rage.The rest coverup.

FULTON said:
If a real rape had occurred much more tissue damage and tearing would have been present.

Fulton,

That's true, but only if an adult male was the rapist. What if the penetration was by kids?

The autopsy revealed that acute injuries (night of the crime) and chronic injuries (2 or 3 days before the crime) to the vagina had occurred at the same 7 o'clock position of the vagina. This strongly suggests the same person or thing had penetrated the vagina on those two separate days. If true, that would rule out an intruder because only a family member or someone invited into the house would have had the opportunity to get to JonBenet on two separate days of the week.

The forensic experts say the injuries were gentle and therefore likely from a finger, or "otherwise" (in this instance, the experts' euphemistic term for a child's penis).

JMO

I believe JBR was visiting her friend, Magan, during the day of Christmas Eve. Magan's mother reported that JonBenet said Santa was going to pay her a visit "after Christmas" and it was a "secret". In that case she could have been lured into the basement Christmas night for the "secret" Santa visit by 1-2 young boys.

I think it was Brie that suggested the boys had learned some perverted "games" from an older person?

The forensic experts say the injuries were gentle and therefore likely from a finger, or "otherwise" (in this instance, the experts' euphemistic term for a child's penis).

A child's penis wouldn't be hitting the "7 o'clock" position.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back