Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My opinion is that he will get life imprisonment, not DP. JMHO

The cards are stacked: strange family history, severe injury to the head, abnormal brain scan, irresponsibly prescribed drugs, bizarre behaviour documented, etc.

"He is a psychopath and that is what generated the murders, nothing else," Prichard said.

"Hilton has character problems, not a mental illness, he said."

Forensic psychologist Greg Prichard, worked at Florida State Hospital in Chattahoochee.
From JPortman's Twitter feed...re: Dr. Pritchard's testimony

Nothing about Hilton's past is even remotely spectacular. He deserves no consideration in that respect. If you,ve had a rough past, you end up estranged from your family---not sawing off heads. All the drug stuff is nonsense (last ditch effort).

Today's wctv.tv...update...Excellent Information of most of the witnesses today...names and comments..

Friday (2-18) was Day 10 of the Gary Michael Hilton Murder trial, with the defense calling in withnesses to try to keep their client off death row. Some who took the stand only saw Hilton for short periods of time and hadn't again until they saw his mug shot on TV or saw him sitting in the courtroom.

Character witness after character witness filed into the courtroom Friday 2-18 .. Most taking the stand for 5 minutes or less to detail the short periods of time they knew Gary Michael Hilton.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Gary_Michael_Hilton_Trial_-_Penalty_Phase_116396099.html

Rest in Peace....Cheryl Dunlap...You were a good friend and person.

At least there's one thing both sides agree on - this man is crazy!

Once they sentence him, whether to life or death, does North Carolina still get a shot at him for the Bryant murders?

How anyone can try to make the case that Ritalin and a early brain injury could lead someone to plan and plot to HUNT people for their ATM cards is beyond me.

Ritalin could make someone fly into a rage, that is possible and credible...but the planning and plotting???? NO WAY.

Where is everyone on this board???

The way I understand it is that yes, NC will charge him. Prosecutors usually pursue multiple convictions in case one of them gets overturned.

Agree about the ritalin. How does that make someone commit a heinous crime over and over again?

I didn't hear any of the state's rebuttal. I understand it was very compelling. Can anyone provide more details?

Where is everyone on this board??? Hi NNY, I popped in here for a minute. Real Life has been seriously neglected because of the trial & I am trying to catch up some today. I had planned to attend some testimony, but instead have been glued to the live trial video. I expected there to have been more WS discussion during the proceedings.

Once they sentence him, whether to life or death, does North Carolina still get a shot at him for the Bryant murders? Also, will he be returned to GA to serve time? Those seem to be the most asked & unanswered questions. Monday, I may call Transylvania Co to try get an answer to the NC question.

WCTV invited online trial-chatters for an impromptu "meet & greet" at a Tallahassee restuarant last night. Here is a short report of that. I had left my computer on the trial feed & when I returned from dinner with my family about 10, the chatters were still discussing the day's testimony & those who had met were very excited about having done so. http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/W...rate_the_Life_of_Cheryl_Dunlap_116518598.html

I was one of the witnesses who testified Friday afternoon. I have been released from my responsibilities but feel I should not talk until after the jury comes back with their decision on Life or Death.

I (and others) had to wait outside the courtroom in a hallway for almost 2 days waiting to be called. It was kind of strange to not be in a room somewhere. Journalists were all around but none of them approached us asking questions. Attorneys, law enforcement, spectators walked by. I expected to be in the courtroom for quite a bit longer than what happened. Seems like a lot of money to pay for a motel, food and travel for 2 nights for 5minutes of testimony.

That is a long time to have to wait outside in a hallway - I hope the rest of your trip was better! I respect your decision to wait until the case is over before saying more. It shouldn't be much longer.

I'm sure you guys probably know this but FWIW:

It's unconstitutional to execute an inmate who is insane at the time of execution even though the inmate was sane at the time the capital offense was committed. The Governor of Florida must stay the execution and appoint a commission of three psychiatrists to examine the inmate and determine whether or not the inmate understands the nature and effect of the death penalty and why it has been imposed.

Being a psychopath does not necessarily mean insanity....this guy is crazy like a fox. I do not know what the Florida definition of insanity is, but if they could execute Bundy, then this guy should be the same, IMHO.

NNY, I am learning this stuff as this case unfolds. What I found is that Florida uses the M’Naghten Rule which says the defendant has to show that it is more likely than not that his mental capacity was so impaired that he could not differentiate between right and wrong. (Someone correct this info if its wrong, please.)

Using bleach to hide criminal evidence, removing body parts to hide evidence, all point to clear knowledge of right from wrong....
otherwise, why hide anything? A truly insane murderer would just leave a body out in the open....

as the last expert pointed out, it is all about him ( GMH), he would go over people, through people, to get what he wanted. Did not care if it was wrong.

In 1984, Congress passed, and President Ronald Reagan signed, the Comprehensive Crime Control Act. The federal insanity defense now requires the defendant to prove, by "clear and convincing evidence," that "at the time of the commission of the acts constituting the offense, the defendant, as a result of a severe mental disease or defect, was unable to appreciate the nature and quality or the wrongfulness of his acts" (18 U.S.C. § 17). This is generally viewed as a return to the "knowing right from wrong" standard. The Act also contained the Insanity Defense Reform Act of 1984, 18 U.S.C. § 4241, which sets out sentencing and other provisions for dealing with offenders who are or have been suffering from a mental disease or defect.

http://www.forensic-psych.com/articles/artMcNaughtonRule.php

Right, it comes down to not If the defendant is crazy/mentally ill/mentally unstable but How Much. And the State does have an extremely strong and compelling argument.

Amen New Yorker. I'm hoping his new spot won't be as comfortable as the one back in Georgia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back