Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not really sure if I want to post tonight...but to be perfectly clear all of the following happened on wctv.tv's live stream chat (IM's) & in the Courtroom on Feb.15, 2011.

assumption..sally is a juror who is a kindergarted teacher..Wrong

# One of the comments was from someone who talks about their "friend Sally" being on the jury. 4 minutes ago via web..jportman
2:26 PM awed: thanks to ms. suber we all know that there is a sally on the jury
2:26 PM spartky: sally! Where are you?? LOL!
2:28 PM TallySleuth: Okay, MustangSally isn't on the jury!
2:28 PM bchbum1: lol

assumption.....sally talked to a juror.....Wrong

2:27 PM TallySleuth: Which Sally?
2:27 PM guardianangel: mustang sally

2:29 PM courtviewer: so if defense is reading chat is the judge monitoring?

"There is no context to what B*******1 says," judge said.

Blog will become part of the record, but juror will not be questioned.

assumption....sally was in the courtroom today...Wrong

2:28 PM TallySleuth: The Sally I know, isn't on the jury, but she has been in the courtroom.

Misc. thoughts and feelings while in the courtroom:

jportman is sitting almost behind GMH...second row of seats, on the defense/right hand side.

I was standing talking to her before GMH left the courtroom for lunch. He was watching ALL the women moving about in the Bench area of the courtroom...

He turned and tried to make eye contact with me...I spun around..like the girl's head in the "Exorcist!"...did not want his evil eyes to make contact with mine... He was not going to taint my soul....I don't care if her looked at my butt!

This all happened Feb. 9, 2011

assumption...Mustang Sally has posted on Websleuths....Right/Correct

Do I even need to explain this one or add any statements from live stream and courtroom?

staying up too late....sally

That chat section at wctv.tv has gone bonkers with all kinds of diatribes! I'm just glad Tazebell can't see that mess...God bless her! I was away the middle half of the afternoon, but saw that there was some talk about a Sally. Then there were also a couple of people claiming that they were witnesses. Why would a witness be on the chat section? Actually, I'm surprised there is a chat section. And yes, the jury did a great job! All of the bags of evidence and garbage in that courtroom was unreal!

I, Mustang Sally, did not participate in the live stream chat (IM's).

I read and copied some of the live chat. Mostly the part today that related to "a sally" or "mustang sally."

I listened to most of the live feed through TDO...it didn't have the commercials. I read most parts of the chat on the wctv website.

There was an early witness that participated in the live chat for the days after they were released by the judge.

IMHO..this was a very dangerous thing to do!

When I was there I saw for myself..."jportman has made mistakes...in print and she fact checked with Julie Montonaro of wctv."

I also agree... "All of the bags of evidence and garbage in that courtroom was unreal!"

Just listening to Cappleman establish the chain of evidence for the 1000's of things found in the van, the dumpsters and the 2 campsites in the Apalachicola National Forest, was exhausting.

a very sleepy...sally

I am now recalling that long forgotten motto from WWII

LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

You have that right...I today's cyber world....

Loose fingers (live chatters) could cause a mistrial.

People never cease to amaze me at the things that they think are normal, but could have far reaching effects in the whole scheme of things.

No God, no peace. Know God, know peace. Press Like if you agree! =)
‎"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles." - Psalm 34:17

Dear God...please say hello to Cheryl....I am sure that She is certainly one of your favorite angels.

good nite...sally

Guilty....

This man is one sick nutjob and I'm happy he will never walk the streets.
The jury did a wonderful job.
Count 1- Guilty of Premeditated Murder
Count 2 - Guilty of Kidnapping w/Proof of Intent to do Bodily Harm
Count 3 - Not Guilty of Grand Theft Auto
Count 4 - Guilty of Grand Theft

Rest in Peace Cheryl

Blessings to her family.

Goz

http://www.ajc.com/news/gary-michael-hilton-convicted-839741.html

More at link above from the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

The man who killed a Georgia hiker three years ago was convicted Tuesday of murdering a Florida woman in a similar manner.
Enlarge photo

Mike Ewen, AP Gary Michael Hilton enters courtroom 3A on Friday, Feb. 4, 2011 to begin his trial for the killing of Cheryl Dunlap, a nurse who went missing in 2007.

The jury deliberated for three hours and 40 minutes before convicting 64-year-old Gary Michael Hilton, who did not take the stand. Hilton could get the death penalty for killing and decapitating Cheryl Dunlap, a 46-year-old nurse and Sunday school teacher, in December 2007. He was also convicted of stealing Dunlap's ATM card.

Hilton already is serving life in prison in Georgia after pleading guilty to the January 2008 slaying of Buford hiker Meredith Emerson. Hilton led investigators to the body of 24-year-old Emerson and avoided a death penalty sentence. Hilton admitted he kidnapped Emerson and her dog from a trail at Blood Mountain, in north Georgia, on New Year's Day.
In the Emerson and Dunlap murders, both women were found in a wooded area and both had been decapitated.
Hilton also is suspected in the disappearance of an elderly North Carolina couple in 2007, but he has not been charged in that case.
Jurors in Florida are expected to return Thursday to hear testimony about whether to recommend death or life in prison for Dunlap's murder. Circuit Judge James Hankinson will not be bound by the recommendation, but must consider it before sentencing Hilton.

Portman's Report from today:

jmportman: The attorneys will meet back here at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow to finish up legal issues. about 2 hours ago

jmportman: Hankinson would like to wrap up testimony on Friday and send the issue to the jury, but defense may need the rest of the week for testimony. about 2 hours ago

jmportman: Meggs wants to play part of the 4-1/2 hour interview with GBI where Hilton says things about "when you go hunting, you have to lurk" .
about 2 hours ago

jmportman: Defense wants to preclude the condition of Dunlap's body and Emerson's murder in Georgia as part of the state's aggravating factors.
about 2 hours ago

jmportman: Assistant Public Defender Robert Freidman will be handling the sentencing phase for Hilton. about 3 hours ago

jmportman: About to start a procedural hearing on death penalty for Hilton. No live-video feed today. We will resume w/ sentencing phase in a.m.
about 3 hours ago

Note that Suber is not handling the sentencing phase.

Mustang Sally - I'm glad to hear that you were not directly involved in the drama of the online chat yesterday. Thanks for clearing that up. Everyone still needs to be cautious about what they say in case there is a retrial, etc. JMHO

Did anyone notice how Hilton was saying "Totally Tucker, Totally Tucker" at the beginning of one of his home movies? What did that mean? Was he referring to himself as Totally Tucker like a nickname?

I think I can help.

Tucker is a town on the outskirts of Atlanta. It is northeast of Atlanta.

It is about 8 miles from Chamblee, where GMH lived. He and Dandy were in Tucker for some reason. there is also a road called Chamblee-Tucker Rd.

His address (and where he was employed, I believe) was 4169 Clairmont Road
Chamblee, GA 30341

You can google maps this address and also Tucker and see how close they are

Thanks Climbergirl, that makes sense! And, if you don't mind me asking, why do you think the jury wanted to see that clip again before reaching a verdict?

Maybe they wanted to hear the Totally Tucker one to hear the date and time on it? That's all I can think of...or maybe to see how he looked so different then than he does in court?

What do you think?

It seemed insignificant to me. All I can remember is that it was a short clip and you could see the dog (I assume Dandy) walking ahead of him as he scanned the area with his camera. I have no clue what the jurors were looking for but maybe it was the date.

Edit: I just pulled the clip up from the TDO site and watched it again. It's only 30 seconds long and you don't see Hilton in this one. Just the dog, the street and the side of the white van. I think Hilton is giving a date but I can't make it out b/c the audio is poor.

Just some general info:

Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure
3.780. Sentencing Hearing for Capital Cases

(a) Evidence. In all proceedings based on section 921.141, Florida Statutes, the state and defendant will be permitted to present evidence of an aggravating or mitigating nature, consistent with the requirements of the statute. Each side will be permitted to crossexamine the witnesses presented by the other side. The state will present evidence first.

(b) Rebuttal. The trial judge shall permit rebuttal testimony.

(c) Opening Statement and Closing Argument. Both the state and the defendant will be given an equal opportunity for one opening statement and one closing argument. The state will proceed first.

Aggravating Factors:

(a) The capital felony was committed by a person previously convicted of a felony and under sentence of imprisonment or placed on community control or on felony probation.

(b) The defendant was previously convicted of another capital felony or of a felony involving the use or threat of violence to the person.

(c) The defendant knowingly created a great risk of death to many persons.

(d) The capital felony was committed while the defendant was engaged, or was an accomplice, in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit, any: robbery; sexual battery; aggravated child abuse; abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult resulting in great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement; arson; burglary; kidnapping; aircraft piracy; or unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb.

(e) The capital felony was committed for the purpose of avoiding or preventing a lawful arrest or effecting an escape from custody.

(f) The capital felony was committed for pecuniary gain.

(g) The capital felony was committed to disrupt or hinder the lawful exercise of any governmental function or the enforcement of laws.

(h) The capital felony was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel.

(i) The capital felony was a homicide and was committed in a cold, calculated, and premeditated manner without any pretense of moral or legal justification.

(j) The victim of the capital felony was a law enforcement officer engaged in the performance of his or her official duties.

(k) The victim of the capital felony was an elected or appointed public official engaged in the performance of his or her official duties if the motive for the capital felony was related, in whole or in part, to the victim's official capacity.

(l) The victim of the capital felony was a person less than 12 years of age.

(m) The victim of the capital felony was particularly vulnerable due to advanced age or disability, or because the defendant stood in a position of familial or custodial authority over the victim.

(n) The capital felony was committed by a criminal street gang member, as defined in s. 874.03.

Mitigating Factors:

(a) The defendant has no significant history of prior criminal activity.

(b) The capital felony was committed while the defendant was under the influence of extreme mental or emotional disturbance.

(c) The victim was a participant in the defendant's conduct or consented to the act.

(d) The defendant was an accomplice in the capital felony committed by another person and his or her participation was relatively minor.

(e) The defendant acted under extreme duress or under the substantial domination of another person.

(f) The capacity of the defendant to appreciate the criminality of his or her conduct or to conform his or her conduct to the requirements of law was substantially impaired.

(g) The age of the defendant at the time of the crime.

(h) The existence of any other factors in the defendant's background that would mitigate against imposition of the death penalty.

The jury will consider the evidence and (by majority rules) submit an "advisory sentence". Then, the Judge will sentence the defendant.

I think I can help.

Tucker is a town on the outskirts of Atlanta. It is northeast of Atlanta.

It is about 8 miles from Chamblee, where GMH lived. He and Dandy were in Tucker for some reason. there is also a road called Chamblee-Tucker Rd.

His address (and where he was employed, I believe) was 4169 Clairmont Road
Chamblee, GA 30341

You can google maps this address and also Tucker and see how close they are

I am very familiar w/ this area as I lived around Atlanta for years. My ? is why would Hilton be saying "Totally Tucker" anyway? It just makes no sense but he is as crazy as a loon!

If they could trace Hilton's hx, they will find a long list of victims he has come in contact with and abused. My boss on another chat line encountered him in GA and was assaulted by him. I find Hilton to be one scary character myself and someone who should have come under the scope of LE years earlier.

Thanks for the updates.
Goz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt