GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND the organised affairs even in Sydney for a one night stand then organised toni to fly down probably on creditors money which he organised

Never mind the double barrelled name, he is a double barrelled infidel, cheating on the one you are cheating on your wife with.

Trooper ..... in one of your posts last week (or a bit earlier), you mentioned a typical GBC chuckle that he does).
Well, I noted yesterday afternoon, that he didn't fail to disappoint ..... what a 'trouper'
and provided it again; it may have been when he was talking about his dinner together with his now brother-in-law.
Seriously, was this a time to be entertaining the Jury?

Just started reading yesterday's (?) tweets, my eyes are bugging out of my head. Oh my gosh. :please:

ETA and I hope that as long as he's in an explanatory mood someone :censored: asks him "why so mean?" please, I want to hear him explain why he was a :censored: :censored:.

Sorry, many edits tonight but this is very personal...
I have lived with depression and anxiety for most of my life, beginning when I was a child. I have seen firsthand how hard it is on those who love me. My dad has had some sort of mood disorder (not diagnosed because he refused to go to a doctor) and it was hell for us as a family. But none of that is a reason for disparaging (well except for refusing to get help) a person or blaming their suffering for your bad behavior. I know it isn't easy. And I know that some antidepressants have sexual side-effects and that can be hard on a relationship. I have no problem with that. So if it is that big a deal to you (Gerard), own it. Dont sneak around and then when you're caught, "oh ummm it is all your fault because you're not meeting my needs."

Folks a reminder about our rules. Please leave out any over the top derogatory comments & name calling.

Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8364858#post8364858"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Perhaps they're going to use that video to imply that the leaves etc got to her by tidal flow? Although didn't the botanist say that he'd searched all the way up Kholo and Little Ugly Creeks and only found those 2 species - the Chinese elm and the eucalypts, but NONE of the other 4?

What really puzzles me is just WHY did Byrne QC show that video when he did? Why show that - then launch into an opening address that bored the socks off so many? I really can't fathom his strategy in showing the video WHEN he did, let alone WHY he showed it...

Even so - they can't use it to prove tidal flow - they need to use the actual data on the day/s of the actual event. OR They could use data from around a similar time depending on the moon phases. Either way - video from after the trial has started is mute.....does not work as it is not indicative of tidal flow at time of event.

Hi Batwoman. If it was me I would have taken her miles away, the other side of Brisbane. Logan, Manly, Gold Coast. Somewhere that would make it look more like a kidnapping, robbery gone wrong. Not so close to my own backyard. Kholo is very close in the middle of the night, and I would never have gone anywhere near a scout den if I had ties to that arena.

I imagine the killer would not have been thinking clearly at the time. A familiar spot that had been used because of its privacy in the past might have seemed a good idea.

Back in the previous thread ( sorry I worked last night and had a lot of catching up to do )
JK673 made a comment that Kholo Creek would be very quiet between 10pm and 2am. I am wondering why those particular times were mentioned.

I only mentioned those times as an estimate - sorry - I used to drive west from Brisbane on the MAIN highway one afternoon a week and back to Brisbane after 10pm past and over that bridge. Any time outside of 10 and 2 - would get busier. That is all.

Sorry if I am boring everyone I just need to get it all out of my system, and have somewhere to put down. So he said yesterday that the finances weren't too bad, so why
could they not pay:
- their last few months of credit cards minimum repayments
- the interest payments due on the three $90.000 loans from the three amigos
- the instalments to his partners for the purchase of the rent roll
- the life insurance premium on Allison's due on the 9th of April but for which an extension was granted until the 9th of May at which time it would lapse.
- why did his credit card get rejected on the afternoon of the 19th

If his finances were ok why was he in tears to Sue Heath trying to get a $400,000 loan from Bruce Flegg, and why did he tell the police on the 20th that they were 'on he bones of their arses' financially.

So glad court is not sitting today as I could not deal with another avalanche of drivel, it would,keep me restless for another night. I am going to do some gardening and maybe clear my head.

Thanks to all sleuthers, and warmest thoughts for Allison's family and friends. If this is so disturbing to someone like me, I cannot imagine what it must be like for them.

I have been here almost from the start, sometimes with vigour and sometimes as a very occasional interloper. I have wrestled with my position many times. I was referred here by a former friend of GBC's. Like many people on here (I imagine), I have a close connection to this case and I do intend to reveal my own personal connection when this is all said and done. In the meantime, thanks very much to all the sleuthers, all the contributors, pundits, amateurs, professionals, court tweeters and those who just feel very, very deeply for the children left behind by a loving mother.

Someone very interested in this case posed something to me tonight that I had never previously considered and initially found repugnant. But I will leave it with you ...

What if GBC was set up by Allison? She is a very intelligent woman, a devoted wife and mother, betrayed horribly by her husband. Those journal entries - all written in the same pen. What if she intended to take her own life but not without taking down her husband? I know it's outlandish but so is everything about this case. Nothing is out of the realms of possibility.

Nuts, right? Or not.
Totally nuts. What is being suggested is saying that Allison was prepared to ruin her childrens lives. How ridiculous. This idea was obviously put forward by someone who thought Allison cared more about GBCs treatment of her than how much she loved her own children. I would not be surprised if this was suggested by a man.

Yes that's right. Allison and GBC had realised that Allison had life insurance included in her superannuation so she was insured for more than they realised. It was a way to save them money they couldn't afford by reducing the cover on the straight life insurance policy. So she had been trying to arrange this insurance reduction a couple of days before she died but it hadn't happened at the time of her death. This information is in the bail docs in a statement by their financial guy Tommy.

Another silly question here....will the jury see the evidence filed in relation to the bail hearing, and the committal, even though that evidence may not have been discussed at the trial (eg phil broom statement, financial tommy guys statement etc...)??

I have to correct an error I made earlier about the order of closing statements and I have looked into that again.

A consequence of the accused calling evidence ( whether they give evidence themselves or others give evidence for them) in Queensland is that they lose the right of making the last address.

So in this case I confirm the defence will go first in the closing statements and the prosecution will have the last say.

Sorry for my error.

Yay!! :loveyou:

Sorry if I am boring everyone I just need to get it all out of my system, and have somewhere to put down. So he said yesterday that the finances weren't too bad, so why
could they not pay:
- their last few months of credit cards minimum repayments
- the interest payments due on the three $90.000 loans from the three amigos
- the instalments to his partners for the purchase of the rent roll
- the life insurance premium on Allison's due on the 9th of April but for which an extension was granted until the 9th of May at which time it would lapse.
- why did his credit card get rejected on the afternoon of the 19th

If his finances were ok why was he in tears to Sue Heath trying to get a $400,000 loan from Bruce Flegg, and why did he tell the police on the 20th that they were 'on he bones of their arses' financially.

So glad court is not sitting today as I could not deal with another avalanche of drivel, it would,keep me restless for another night. I am going to do some gardening and maybe clear my head.

Thanks to all sleuthers, and warmest thoughts for Allison's family and friends. If this is so disturbing to someone like me, I cannot imagine what it must be like for them.
...... due respects to Allison's family and friends.
I do hope that someone in the Prosecution, Judge or Jury is able to listen over and over again ....... because there will be some critical points in there that tell a different story. In fact, points that don't add up and will expose him for his lies.

Just started reading yesterday's (?) tweets, my eyes are bugging out of my head. Oh my gosh. :please:

Ok dumb question, but do Australian courts have the rebuttal phase?

ETA and I hope that as long as he's in an explanatory mood someone :censored: asks him "why so mean?" please, I want to hear him explain why he was a :censored: :censored:.

The prosecution gets to sum up their case after the defence finishes, so yes they can rebut the defence and have the last say too. I assume that's what you mean by rebuttal phase? Not sure if it's called that here.

Respectfully snipped by me...
Who drove the car and who killed Allison?
BTW I'm still amazed there was no blood transfer or kholo dirt to door handles, gear shift or steering wheel.

Because they wore gloves.

The autopsy report states that:
'As the previously described jumper was being examined a fingertip of a cream coloured rubber glove fell out.'

It gives rise (for me at least) to consider premeditation.
It could have been worn by the perpetrator either /or at the times of killing her or removing her body, or disposing of it.

If it was an accident - why not ring an ambulance or the Police to report it?
Why conceal the death to the point of wearing gloves.

Not only that - the tip of the glove was found concealed somewhere inside the pulled up Bonds jumper, and appeared when the jumper was taken off ABC during examination.

As I have mentioned before - my thoughts on ABC's hands caught up inside the jumper was that they may have been put there after her death to stop her arms dragging as she was being carried, and the jumper placed over her head and upper body area on purpose. It would mean the glove tip was concealed within the jumper before the jumper was pulled up over her head with her arms positioned around her head area.

Mr Byrne: What were your plans for your life with Allison?

Mr Baden-Clay: We were planning to spend the rest of our lives together. We were working together on making that a reality after the infidelity that I’d had in the past.

Mr Byrne: What was your relationship with Toni McHugh at that time?

Mr Baden-Clay: At that time, I was communicating with Toni McHugh, but in my mind we did not have a relationship.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...n-the-stand-20140627-zsnpa.html#ixzz35nwhY1Qs

:liar: :liar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member