GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to have a drink and cheer myself with the thought that by this time tomorrow it could be all over red rover for Mr Gerred descended from scouts Baden Clay :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Alioop say a while back that the jury have to take time to consider the evidence - that even if they were to start deliberations by taking a show of hands and if they found they were all agreed, that they couldn't just go back out straight away and announce that they've reached a verdict.

I wonder how much time is considered sufficient for proper deliberation. Does anyone have any idea about that?

I don't understand why you're persistently doing
the Devils Advocate !
To HappyGoLucky

Thank you :)

No problem. I've never been to a trial before and am slightly nervous about going but once I settle in I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll try to stay awake as I have a 2 hour drive to get there but will have a few coffees and do it for the WS team.

No problem. I've never been to a trial before and am slightly nervous about going but once I settle in I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll try to stay awake as I have a 2 hour drive to get there but will have a few coffees and do it for the WS team.

Good luck and thankyou. Xx

Didn't Alioop say a while back that the jury have to take time to consider the evidence - that even if they were to start deliberations by taking a show of hands and if they found they were all agreed, that they couldn't just go back out straight away and announce that they've reached a verdict.

I wonder how much time is considered sufficient for proper deliberation. Does anyone have any idea about that?

These instructions don't specify a time just not to rush.

What happens in the jury room?

After all the evidence is presented and the judge has summed up the case in court, the judge will ask the jury to retire to consider its verdict.

You will then proceed to the jury room.

Before starting to deliberate, you should consider the following guidelines:

Respect each other’s opinions and value the different viewpoints each juror brings to this case.
Be fair and give everyone a chance to speak during the deliberations.
It is okay to change your mind.
Listen carefully to one another but do not let yourself be bullied into changing your opinion, and do not bully anyone else.
Do not rush into a verdict to save time - the people involved in a case deserve your complete attention and thoughtful deliberation.
Follow the judge’s directions about the law.
Most jury rooms have male and female toilet facilities and there is usually a morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea break each day.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/information-for-jurors/serving-on-jury2/common-questions

A real estate agents job is the know the area and to be familiar with their area, prices and council requirements. Hopefully the police searched prior listings to see how far afield C-21's properties for sale or rent went. It's hard for me to believe GBC didn't really know about Kholo Creek Bridge and the scout camp being in a rural area as properties can be wide spread. I worked in rural Sydney and we took on properties anywhere, building blocks in the surrounding towns to large working farms far afield in any direction.
I actually got to know creeks in the area because we'd use them for directions for purchaser 'drive bys'.

I doubt his C-21 office was wealthy enough to pick and choose their listings.

In Aussie rural terms, 14 klms "that's just up the road".

A real estate agents job is the know the area and to be familiar with their area, prices and council requirements. Hopefully the police searched prior listings to see how far afield C-21's properties for sale or rent went. It's hard for me to believe GBC didn't really know about Kholo Creek Bridge and the scout camp being in a rural area as properties can be wide spread. I worked in rural Sydney and we took on properties anywhere, building blocks in the surrounding towns to large working farms far afield in any direction.
I actually got to know creeks in the area because we'd use them for directions for purchaser 'drive bys'.

I doubt his C-21 office was wealthy enough to pick and choose their listings.

In Aussie rural terms, 14 klms "that's just up the road".

Yes I don't know why he denied knowing the area - it seems a silly unnecessary lie

Kiwijane, That business of forcing Zoloft into her before she died (possibly breaking a tooth in the process) has entered my head many times.

Back on topic thanks folks.

We don't discuss other members.

Allison had a mental health assessment ....

Allison Baden-Clay received a score of 18 of 50; 50 is the highest level of distress.

“My conclusion was there wasn't a significant level of distress,” Bourke told the court. He later added that his overall opinion was that his patient was not a high risk of suicide.

I'm a humble GP (can't be bothered getting verified at the moment) and I do those mental health assessments all the time. It's part of the referral paperwork for referring a patient to a psychologist for Medicare-subsidised counselling sessions. 18 out of 50 is a low score - most people who come in distressed enough to be requesting counselling score much higher. A score of 18 would not raise any red flags or ring any alarm bells about possible self-harm - the person would probably come across as someone who is undergoing a stressful time or going through a rough patch but coping OK.

It occurs to me that there has been no mention within the trial or bail application re facebook. GBC was definitely on FB, and I'd assume that Allison and TMcH probably were as well. I wonder if there was ever any investigation into their private messages? It would be the easiest way for Toni to contact Allison and say something sneaky along the lines of - now I'm about to become stepmother to your girls, as I'm sure GBC has told you, let's get together and discuss how this will work, as I'm sure we both want the best for the girls.

Or something about the conference? Forensics have been all over the phones and emails, but why not FB?

It occurs to me that there has been no mention within the trial or bail application re facebook. GBC was definitely on FB, and I'd assume that Allison and TMcH probably were as well. I wonder if there was ever any investigation into their private messages? It would be the easiest way for Toni to contact Allison and say something sneaky along the lines of - now I'm about to become stepmother to your girls, as I'm sure GBC has told you, let's get together and discuss how this will work, as I'm sure we both want the best for the girls.

Or something about the conference? Forensics have been all over the phones and emails, but why not FB?

I doubt GBC and TM were friends on FB if GBC and Allison were friends on there as he would not have wanted Allison to see that he was friends with TM.

Although you can make your friends list private ( and I don't know if he had done so ) it is not completely private. Even if he had set it to private, if Allison was friends with GBC and he was also friends with TM then TM may well have come up on Allison's suggested friends list showing 1 mutual friend - GBC.

IMO

Last warning.

Back on topic or you may find yourself on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member