GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt GBC and TM were friends on FB if GBC and Allison were friends on there as he would not have wanted Allison to see that he was friends with TM.

Although you can make your friends list private ( and I don't know if he had done so ) it is not completely private. Even if he had set it to private, if Allison was friends with GBC and he was also friends with TM then TM may well have come up on Allison's suggested friends list showing 1 mutual friend - GBC.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TM and GBC were FB friends IKYK

TM's 4th statement

:shame: poor Marly, I bet you need a drink. Thanks for all your WS help!

I agree with you LadyBird and was in court the day NBC and OBW testified. They had nothing but negativity to say about Allison. The testimony of her parents and best friend Kerry-Anne gave a very different version of Allison. The latter three appeared authentic in the words they spoke. The BC's seem to be following a long-rehearsed script. What really gets to me is those speaking on Allison's behalf are effectively her voice from the grave, as she can speak no longer for herself.

TM and GBC were FB friends IKYK

TM's 4th statement

Well how dumb was that if you've supposedly ended the affair?

He certainly will never win a brains award ;)

Happygo
With all due respect: All the evidence would suggest that the Clay family would stoop to anything at all to protect G's innocence. Allison's justice appears irrelevant to them.

My uncharitable opinion was formed when they spoke openly in a Court of Law, with a world audience, of Allison's character in altogether negative tones.
They used this opportunity to denigrate Allison to pieces.

No-one, not her blood family or her friends, or her work mates can substantiate anything they said. No-one.
Allison was murdered. Brutally, callously evilly.

To speak of the dead like this is an evil thing. They ran rough-shod over her, even in death.
Thus also they portrayed their own natures, openly in the Court of Law with a world audience.

The Latin phrases De mortuis nihil nisi bonum “Of the dead, nothing unless good.”
De mortuis nil nisi bene [dicendum]
“Of the dead, nothing [spoken] unless good.” indicate that it is socially inappropriate to speak ill of the dead

I agree with you LadyBird and was in court the day NBC and OBW testified. They had nothing but negativity to say about Allison. The testimony of her parents and best friend Kerry-Anne gave a very different version of Allison. The latter three appeared authentic in the words they spoke. The BC's seem to be following a long-rehearsed script. What really gets to me is those speaking on Allison's behalf are effectively her voice from the grave, as she can speak no longer for herself.

Well how dumb was that if you've supposedly ended the affair?

He certainly will never win a brains award ;)

Quoting myself here - I know Marly has posted about GBC being so unlucky.

With how stupid he comes across in many areas I think he has been exceptionally lucky that there is not more physical evidence left behind.

I agree 100%, Trooper. Yet in court he was still insisting that his business was OK. He is either in denial or totally delusional. Or he believes all the lies he has told.

I'll go with he believes all the lies he has told.

'What a tangled web we weave, when we practice to deceive..'

These words keep coming back to me. I have little more to add at the moment, as I am waiting for justice to be served. I believe that any reasonable person will be unable to see it in any other way than WS members have seen it for the last two plus years. The jury will keep coming back to similar bumps in the road as we have covered over this time, but I firmly believe that the prosecution has laid it out in such a way that there is no alternative but to find him guilty of the charges.

Having said that my nerves in anticipating the verdict will be on knife's edge as there is always the possibility of a long drawn out jury consideration. I try to keep it simple and keep thinking 'if it wasn't him, which person had the motive, means and opportunity'. NO ONE did, on top of all the circumstantial evidence relating to injury, clothes, timing, lies, financial consideration and clearly stated commitments to TM.

Justice is coming for Allison, sadly not for her girls or family and friends whom all will live with the consequences of his dastardly deeds forever and a day.

I hope he will rot in hell.

These instructions don't specify a time just not to rush.

What happens in the jury room?

After all the evidence is presented and the judge has summed up the case in court, the judge will ask the jury to retire to consider its verdict.

You will then proceed to the jury room.

Before starting to deliberate, you should consider the following guidelines:

Respect each other’s opinions and value the different viewpoints each juror brings to this case.
Be fair and give everyone a chance to speak during the deliberations.
It is okay to change your mind.
Listen carefully to one another but do not let yourself be bullied into changing your opinion, and do not bully anyone else.
Do not rush into a verdict to save time - the people involved in a case deserve your complete attention and thoughtful deliberation.
Follow the judge’s directions about the law.
Most jury rooms have male and female toilet facilities and there is usually a morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea break each day.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/information-for-jurors/serving-on-jury2/common-questions

Thank you, Cattail! :tyou:

OT, but finding WS has shown me some true evil in this world - reading about poor Cooper Harris in the US.

Luckily it has also shown me there are many caring people out there too :)

I reconnise GBC and his family have harped on about depression but the fact remains she was prescribed Zoloft for depression and she had Zoloft in her pathology. She was being actively treated for depression.

Absolutely true that Allison was actively being treated for depression. Testimony was given that Allison responded well to Zoloft. To me that means her depression was well under control. Just like so many other illnesses that are controlled by medication to make one "normal" - ie diabetes and insulin; hypothyroidism and thyroxine etc, a person on antidepressants is relieved of the symptoms of their illness - depression.

So we say a person has depression but that does not mean they are necessarily sitting around in a depressed mood. If they are taking medication for it they are likely to be perfectly normal in mood. The same as when we say a person has diabetes - that does not mean they are experiencing the symptoms of diabetes on a daily basis if they are taking the medication to control that diabetes.

OT here, in another state with sick Grandma, she's 85, NO WIFI!!!! Aaaahhh!!!!!! Guess the phone data is going to cop a flogging over the next few days!!! Hope the jury comes back quickly with a positive outcome!!!! ;)

However Alison's own daughters when interviewed on the afternoon that GBC reported her missing stated she went for walks in the morning
Hey Happygolucky, thank you for your input here. If the purpose of Websleuths is to find the truth, test the assumptions, question the group think mentality, then you are truly an asset here. From the moment I saw GBCs first interview on tv I knew he was a liar and a fraud. Nothing, including the subsequent media attendance of his family, or any of the evidence presented by his defense has swayed me to another point of view, though I have most earnestly looked, i promise. But you are a salient reminder that a man's life is at stake. No matter how convinced I may be that he is a lying low down scoundrel, cheating , lying rodent he deserves to be tried in an impartial objective arena. A forum where evidence, not gut instinct rule the day.And you are wise and courageous to test the evidence in a court of ardent GBC loathers. I hate him for what he did to his beautiful trusting, naive wife. And I realist this tests my abiilty to view him objectively............So thank you for your devils advocacy.

He knew the area, I bought my house from him, just down the road. Pretty sure he had properties in neighbouring mt. Crosby, so he definitely went over kholo bridge. The house he talks about that he attended the siege at, was even closer to kholo bridge. No reasonable doubt, he's a liar

OT here, in another state with sick Grandma, she's 85, NO WIFI!!!! Aaaahhh!!!!!! Guess the phone data is going to cop a flogging over the next few days!!! Hope the jury comes back quickly with a positive outcome!!!! ;)

Hope your Grandma is well soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members