GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Allison, there are many questions that are unanswered, many pieces of a puzzle that need to be put together, and we your family pledge to you that we will have these questions answered. We will bring you justice and you deserve nothing less. Why then? Why there? Why now? We cry, why did she die? The heavens are silent."

spoken at Allison's funeral.

Thanks Ali. I was happy just being an observer until I found this info.
Working on the next bombshell as we speak.

WOWZERS! And I thought today was going to be free of GBC-related developments. One might think being an expert witness in a trial such as this would be the last thing Dr MR would wish for. I'm guessing the media attention is likely to be fierce once they are allowed to report on this. :twocents:

Hi all, long-time lurker and have been following the trial through Websleuths and other media.

A couple of things bother me and I was wondering whether anybody here had picked up on them as well. I have been trawling through the Baden-Clay threads to find comment to no avail, so if anybody has commented on these matters previously, feel free to point me in the right direction.

The first matter relates to inconsistencies in the defendant's statements to police about his morning ablutions.

In Constable Ash's statement, he states at (15):

"Gerard then told Police that he had been out searching for Allison in her car, the silver Holden Captiva that was reverse parked in under the carport. Gerard said that he had driven around a few of the local streets that Allison normally walked along. He said that he couldn’t find her and had to return home to get his daughters up, give them breakfast and get them ready for school, as well as get himself ready by having a '****, shower and shave'."

Ergo: the defendant told Constable Ash that he conducted a brief search of the local area for the Allison before returning home to get his daughters ready for school and perform his morning ablutions (which includes shaving).

In the recorded interview with Sgt Jackson and Sen Sgt Curtis, the defendant is asked "What time did you get up?" and gives the following response:

"Just after 6.00am … I do my usual, excuse me, ****, shower and shave in the morning, this morning was no different. I check all my emails when I’m sitting on the toilet. I did that. Um then um, and then I was rushing cause the, I needed … to get all the girls up. S <modsnip> got up. And then I cut myself."

Ergo: the defendant told Sgt Jackson and Sen Sgt Curtis that he performed his ablutions soon after getting up, and this is when he cut himself shaving.

The two statements to police (made within about 30 minutes of one another) are clearly inconsistent and I was wondering what the prosecution had to say about this?

The second matter relates to the defendant's evidence under cross-examination when asked by Mr Fuller whether he was anxious to get back to his children after allegedly transporting Allison to Kholo Creek and dumping her underneath the bridge. The defendant's response is:

"The suggestion that I would leave my children for any time, in the middle of the night, is absurd ..."

However, the defendant had admitted to Constable Ash that he had left his children alone in the house in the early morning to search for the missing Allison. This point was not pursued by Mr Fuller - can anybody allude as to why?

Have these matters been discussed elsewhere?

:wave:

:Welcome1:

Hi all, long-time lurker and have been following the trial through Websleuths and other media.

A couple of things bother me and I was wondering whether anybody here had picked up on them as well. I have been trawling through the Baden-Clay threads to find comment to no avail, so if anybody has commented on these matters previously, feel free to point me in the right direction.

The first matter relates to inconsistencies in the defendant's statements to police about his morning ablutions.

"Gerard then told Police that he had been out searching for Allison in her car, the silver Holden Captiva that was reverse parked in under the carport. Gerard said that he had driven around a few of the local streets that Allison normally walked along. He said that he couldn’t find her and had to return home to get his daughters up, give them breakfast and get them ready for school, as well as get himself ready by having a '****, shower and shave'."

Ergo: the defendant told Constable Ash that he conducted a brief search of the local area for the Allison before returning home to get his daughters ready for school and perform his morning ablutions (which includes shaving).

In the recorded interview with Sgt Jackson and Sen Sgt Curtis, the defendant is asked "What time did you get up?" and gives the following response:

"Just after 6.00am … I do my usual, excuse me, ****, shower and shave in the morning, this morning was no different. I check all my emails when I’m sitting on the toilet. I did that. Um then um, and then I was rushing cause the, I needed … to get all the girls up. S <modsnip> got up. And then I cut myself."

Ergo: the defendant told Sgt Jackson and Sen Sgt Curtis that he performed his ablutions soon after getting up, and this is when he cut himself shaving.

The two statements to police (made within about 30 minutes of one another) are clearly inconsistent and I was wondering what the prosecution had to say about this?

The second matter relates to the defendant's evidence under cross-examination when asked by Mr Fuller whether he was anxious to get back to his children after allegedly transporting Allison to Kholo Creek and dumping her underneath the bridge. The defendant's response is:

"The suggestion that I would leave my children for any time, in the middle of the night, is absurd ..."

However, the defendant had admitted to Constable Ash that he had left his children alone in the house in the early morning to search for the missing Allison. This point was not pursued by Mr Fuller - can anybody allude as to why?

Then in the trial, he said he shaved first then showered. He can't keep track of his lies.
http://m.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/news/baden-clay-affair-because-he-just-wanted-sex/2304989/

I think it's because either nbc or obw were supposedly there. I think olivia and he drove around while nbc stayed with the girls.

I don't think so - this is great MRSA - this is exactly what WS is about - so please keep the momentum going!

My personal opinion (for what it's worth) is that it was not a media reporter. I'm sure that media personnel who report on crime and court cases are briefed on what they are, or are not allowed to do. Interfering with jury members would be very high on the list of no-no's.

I believe it was a GBC supporter or friend/family member impersonating a media reporter. Hoping to cause a mistrial.

That bomb threat at the initial bail hearing has never been fully explained either. A mention of bikie trials happening at the same time in a different court, but then all went silent. Normally I would think a bomb threat in a court building would be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

How can one case attract so many unfortunate mishaps and incidents? Coincidence? or not?

Is everyone scanned before entering the courts? Speaking about bomb threats etc.

Gerard said that he had driven around a few of the local streets that Allison normally walked along. He said that he couldn&#8217;t find her andhad to return home to get his daughters up, give them breakfast and get them ready for school, as well as get himself ready by having a '****, shower and shave'."

:waitasec:

I got up, Allison was not there ... I went to the toilet, took my phone with me, checked my messages and my emails and it was, I had actually woken up a bit late because it was after 6am

&#8220;I started to shave and it was whilst I was just about to shave that I heard (my daughter) make a noise so I ran through to see her, she was awake but lying in her bed &#8230;
I checked the app and it couldn&#8217;t find her,&#8221; he said.
Baden-Clay said he phoned his parents at Kenmore.

He said his father came into the house and looked after the girls while he went out to drive the streets.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

Baden-Clay said he drove home and found his father at home with his daughters.

He said his sister was leaving to take his daughters to school when two police constables arrived at the Brookfield Rd home.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

Dr Michael D Robertson of San Diego fame and Dr Michael D Robertson who testified for the defence yesterday are one and the same.

Here's the CV for the one who testified yesterday - and check out his posting in California (where San Diego is), and his initials in the references.

http://hairtestinganalysis.com.au/dr-michael-d-robertson-cv.html

I note also that several of his references are to papers by Prof Olaf Drummer - the toxicologist for the prosecution who testified earlier in the trial.

I wonder if Michael Byrne Q.C. was aware of this?

Just to clarify a post from the last thread, it was first thing in the morning or first thing after morning tea - can't quite remember now. GBC had taken the witness stand, but jury not in yet. Judge clearly stated that GBC had handed a note to the Bailiff to give to the jury. Bailiff did his job well and gave it to the Judge. Judge then asked if defence knew about this and they said they didn't. Defence then allowed to take GBC outside to discuss. When they returned, the issue was done and dusted and the Judge called the jury in and it was business as usual.

I have no idea what was in the note nor when it was passed to bailiff. Judge nor others made reference to what was in the note.
Obviously changing his plea to insanity

Find My Friends allows you to easily locate your friends and family from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Install this free app on your iOS 5 device and sign in with the Apple ID you use with iCloud. Adding a friend is easy – just send a request to see their location. Once your friend accepts using the Find My Friends app, you will then be able to see that friend’s location on a list or on a map. You can also choose to share your location for a limited period of time with a group of friends. Use Find My Friends to keep track of your traveling companions when you’re on vacation. Or to see if the kids are home from school. Or to find the friends you’re meeting for dinner. FEATURES • Easily locate friends and family • Temporary sharing option • Simple privacy controls • Parental restrictions • Free for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Supported languages: English, Japanese, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean, Chinese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, Indonesian, Malay, Catalan, Hungarian, Vietnamese REQUIREMENTS: Requires iOS 5 and an iCloud account. You can create a free iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

http://www.macworld.com/product/1147634/find-my-friends.html

There is nothing in evidence or reports which state he had/has any form of mental illness.

IF there was he would have been sent off for mental assessment by now....a la pistorious.

So we'll leave "mental illness" out of it thanks everyone

Agreed, but it's got to make you wonder if he's been watching the Oscar P trial in his comfy chair back at AG and thinking he'd be better off in a hospital wing rather than mainstream prison......

OMG that's him? I've seen that case on a couple of shows. Holy cow. Maybe the prosecution should have asked him a few more questions while he was under oath. Thanks Swifty.

Haha, "Swifty" love that we all turn our WS names into nicknames. Bit hard for mine though, and in case anyone is wondering it's not cause I wanted to show up first on the thanks, just initials.

Welcome MRSA I brought this subject up in January of this year. Here is the gist of what I posted.

After reading Constable Kieran Ash's statement yet again, there are some glaring lies from GBC. Constable Ash was onto him almost immediately. :rocker:

Kieron Ash Statement.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

Ash stated that upon arrival at the Brookfield house at 8:00am, he noticed Olivia Walton walking the three girls down the front stairs of the house and putting them into a blue sedan. Constable Ash noted the following vehicles parked at the Brookfield house.

1. An older model silver Holden Statesman parked directly in front of the house, facing down the driveway. NBC's car.

2. A white Toyota Prado was parked across the driveway. Allison's car.

3. A silver Holden Captiva was reverse parked under the carport of the house. GBC's car.

4. There was also a blue sedan parked at the end of the driveway facing the house. The police car was parked behind the blue sedan. OW's car.

GBC told Constable Ash that he'd called his sister Olivia to come and drive the girls to school in the blue sedan.

At the time of arriving at the house at 8:00am GBC was dressed in business attire with tie and cuff links. Ash also observed the scratches on GBC's face. GBC told Ash that he cut himself shaving while rushing to get the girls ready that morning.

GBC told Ash that he'd been out searching for Allison in the silver Captiva that morning. The Captiva was now reverse parked in the carport of the house.

GBC then said that he'd driven around a few of the local streets that Allison normally walked along but couldn't find her and had to return home to get his daughters up, give them breakfast and get them ready for school as well as get himself ready by having a ****, shower and shave.

GBC said that OW had also been out looking for Allison, driving up and down the local streets.

Constable Ash asked GBC if it was definitely the Captiva that he took out in search of Allison and when he got home, reversed it around the Prado into the carport. GBC said he did and it was easy for him to reverse around the Prado.

Now let's look at the time frame of events on the morning of Friday 20 April 2012.

GBC phoned the police at 7:15am.

"I'm now driving the streets and my father has come over to look after the children. I need to go home and get the kids ready for school."

Prior to GBC phoning the police he made the following calls.

6:20am: Text to Allison: "Good morning! Hope you slept well? Where are you? None of the girls are up yet! Love G."

6:32am: Allison.

6:38am: Allison.

6:41am: Text to Allison: "Al, getting concerned. Where are you? The app doesn't say either? H and S now up. I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call! Love G."

6:45am: Allison.

6:46am: EBC.

6:53am: Sergeant Murray Watson - witness to the accident in the Prado earlier that week and is part of the Kenmore Hills neighbourhood watch program.

6:55am: OW.

7:02am: Allison.

7:03am: Allison.

7:06am: OW.

7:09am: Kate Rankin (Belle Real Estate).

7:11am: OW.

7:15am: Police.

7:19am: Olivia.

7:35amAllison.

7:39am: OW.

Now look at the times between all of these calls. GBC started texting and phoning at 6:20am and did not come up for air until 7:39am. So my question is when did he find the time to take the Captiva out to search for Allison and then return home to have his shower, shave etc.? Remember - GBC told Constable Ash that he had to return home to get the girls up and ready for school and to also have his ****, shower and shave. Did he have the phone in the shower with him? No! He had his ****, shower and shave prior to texting Allison at 6:20am. GBC was up early. In fact he'd been up all night!

GBC Phone Records.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

My many affairs ......... Would be surprised if this wasn't picked up by others in Court (towards he very end), but for my part ........ I believe this bit of evidence by him was in keeping with what he has felt the need to do all along when presenting his own diatribe ....... that he needs to reinforce his own ego by saying something to qualify that he always was in control of everything, and also in counselling or making suggestions ...... e.g. his ego boost to himself (and for the benefit of others) that many women have 'thrown themselves' at him, and he has obliged in that respect.

...... and he now regrets that he tried to help them!!!!!
I took the comment about other affairs as GBC reinforcing that Toni was "nothing special". That there had been others.

Welcome MRSA I brought this subject up in January of this year. Here is the gist of what I posted.

After reading Constable Kieran Ash's statement yet again, there are some glaring lies from GBC. Constable Ash was onto him almost immediately. :rocker:

Kieron Ash Statement.

Ash stated that upon arrival at the Brookfield house at 8:00am, he noticed Olivia Walton walking the three girls down the front stairs of the house and putting them into a blue sedan. Constable Ash noted the following vehicles parked at the Brookfield house.

1. An older model silver Holden Statesman parked directly in front of the house, facing down the driveway. NBC's car.

2. A white Toyota Prado was parked across the driveway. Allison's car.

3. A silver Holden Captiva was reverse parked under the carport of the house. GBC's car.

4. There was also a blue sedan parked at the end of the driveway facing the house. The police car was parked behind the blue sedan. OW's car.

GBC told Constable Ash that he'd called his sister Olivia to come and drive the girls to school in the blue sedan.

At the time of arriving at the house at 8:00am GBC was dressed in business attire with tie and cuff links. Ash also observed the scratches on GBC's face. GBC told Ash that he cut himself shaving while rushing to get the girls ready that morning.

GBC told Ash that he'd been out searching for Allison in the silver Captiva that morning. The Captiva was now reverse parked in the carport of the house.

GBC then said that he'd driven around a few of the local streets that Allison normally walked along but couldn't find her and had to return home to get his daughters up, give them breakfast and get them ready for school as well as get himself ready by having a ****, shower and shave.

GBC said that OW had also been out looking for Allison, driving up and down the local streets.

Constable Ash asked GBC if it was definitely the Captiva that he took out in search of Allison and when he got home, reversed it around the Prado into the carport. GBC said he did and it was easy for him to reverse around the Prado.

Now let's look at the time frame of events on the morning of Friday 20 April 2012.

GBC phoned the police at 7:15am.

"I'm now driving the streets and my father has come over to look after the children. I need to go home and get the kids ready for school."

Prior to GBC phoning the police he made the following calls.

6:20am: Text to Allison: "Good morning! Hope you slept well? Where are you? None of the girls are up yet! Love G."

6:32am: Allison.

6:38am: Allison.

6:41am: Text to Allison: "Al, getting concerned. Where are you? The app doesn't say either? H and S now up. I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call! Love G."

6:45am: Allison.

6:46am: EBC.

6:53am: Sergeant Murray Watson - witness to the accident in the Prado earlier that week and is part of the Kenmore Hills neighbourhood watch program.

6:55am: OW.

7:02am: Allison.

7:03am: Allison.

7:06am: OW.

7:09am: Kate Rankin (Belle Real Estate).

7:11am: OW.

7:15am: Police.

7:19am: Olivia.

7:35amAllison.

7:39am: OW.

Now look at the times between all of these calls. GBC started texting and phoning at 6:20am and did not come up for air until 7:39am. So my question is when did he find the time to take the Captiva out to search for Allison and then return home to have his shower, shave etc.? Remember - GBC told Constable Ash that he had to return home to get the girls up and ready for school and to also have his ****, shower and shave. Did he have the phone in the shower with him? No! He had his ****, shower and shave prior to texting Allison at 6:20am. GBC was up early. In fact he'd been up all night!

GBC Phone Records.

Constable Ash was brilliant wasn't he. He plowed through the BS straight away. I could imagine that it was Gerard's performance of a lifetime that morning. I think Cont. Ash was a real saviour in this case in a lot of ways. I don't think Gerry was expecting the bells and whistles so early. When that phone triangulated ( stated in the police doc's) - where was OBC? Still on the school run???

Gerard said that he had driven around a few of the local streets that Allison normally walked along. He said that he couldn’t find her andhad to return home to get his daughters up, give them breakfast and get them ready for school, as well as get himself ready by having a '****, shower and shave'."

I got up, Allison was not there ... I went to the toilet, took my phone with me, checked my messages and my emails and it was, I had actually woken up a bit late because it was after 6am

“I started to shave and it was whilst I was just about to shave that I heard (my daughter) make a noise so I ran through to see her, she was awake but lying in her bed …
I checked the app and it couldn’t find her,” he said.

He said his father came into the house and looked after the girls while he went out to drive the streets.

He said his sister was leaving to take his daughters to school when two police constables arrived at the Brookfield Rd home.

Yeah there are so many inconsistencies, one minute his father and sister arrive together, next minute he's calling his sister, then he's coming home to find his father......the whole thing is BS

Gerard said that he had driven around a few of the local streets that Allison normally walked along. He said that he couldn’t find her andhad to return home to get his daughters up, give them breakfast and get them ready for school, as well as get himself ready by having a '****, shower and shave'."

“I started to shave and it was whilst I was just about to shave that I heard (my daughter) make a noise so I ran through to see her, she was awake but lying in her bed …
I checked the app and it couldn’t find her,” he said.

Amee, just saying, I'm recommending you for the new Websleuths Moderator In Training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member