General Discussion and Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's probably the most realistic, honest article I've read about this case. It also shows how the press will sensationalize to sell a story and how what is written can lead people to incorrect conclusions. It's also good to finally know that they did contact the two women and that both are safe.

It was a pointless story that never really needed to get to the press. I don't find it honest at all.

Hey

1)A while ago someone here posted a thread with cached kijiji ad
showing TB's vehicle with a brief description what happened that evening.
It reads like it was posted by the family asking to help finding TB.
I am trying to find it again. There are so many threads to go thru.
Could one of the MODs place it in a common area. The last statement was
a bit unusual about his phone.

<snipped for space>

The contents of that ad can be seen in this post:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9407421&postcount=156"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1[/ame]

I feel like it's probably a little harder to accidentally kill someone than people think.

I feel like it's probably a little harder to accidentally kill someone than people think.

I agree...and for that reason along with the other evidence such as the incinerator, I think they fully intended never to return TB to his family.

I agree...and for that reason along with the other evidence such as the incinerator, I think they fully intended never to return TB to his family.

Can we really call the incinerator evidence if we don't know if it was even used or ever used for that matter?

Hey

1)A while ago someone here posted a thread with cached kijiji ad
showing TB's vehicle with a brief description what happened that evening.
It reads like it was posted by the family asking to help finding TB.
I am trying to find it again. There are so many threads to go thru.
Could one of the MODs place it in a common area. The last statement was
a bit unusual about his phone.

2) re: Burner Phone. Last year we started receiving Bell mobility cell Phone bills
for a Phone purchased in Burlington Ont. Funny thing is we didn't have any Bell Mobility accounts. Someone used our address with a fake name to purchase the phone and set up the account. When I called the cell company I asked "do yu ask for ID when someone sets up an account "? they could not answer the question. Now All the bills go straight back to Bell with "address unknown", including the one from the collection agency.

Napper505

Hi Napper505,

The cached version was posted in the common area which is here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209336"]MEDIA, DOCUMENTS, TIMELINE **NO Discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And here is the link to the post so you can see how it looked when it was placed on Kijiji:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9447530&postcount=22"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MEDIA, DOCUMENTS, TIMELINE **NO Discussion**[/ame]

Hopefully the links will work correctly.

eleph

Can we really call the incinerator evidence if we don't know if it was even used or ever used for that matter?

Fair enough; however, police must have some proof of intent to kill in order to charge them with murder 1. MOO

Fair enough; however, police must have some proof of intent to kill in order to charge them with murder 1. MOO

It doesn't matter the cause of death during kidnapping/forced confinement.
It's all murder 1 regardless.

Not really snoopy .. it`s the death during forcible confinement charge that justifies the murder 1 charge; doesn`t have to have intent to kill, just the fact that someone died during the commission of that offence.

Not really snoopy .. it`s the death during forcible confinement charge that justifies the murder 1 charge; doesn`t have to have intent to kill, just the fact that someone died during the commission of that offence.

It doesn't matter the cause of death during kidnapping/forced confinement.
It's all murder 1 regardless.
When referring to laws, it's important to include a link.

Thanks.

When referring to laws, it's important to include a link.

Thanks.

Sorry Bessie !!

Section 231. (5) CCC:

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/rsc-1985-c-c-46/latest/rsc-1985-c-c-46.html#sec235_smooth

231. (5) Irrespective of whether a murder is planned and deliberate on the part of any person, murder is first degree murder in respect of a person when the death is caused by that person while committing or attempting to commit an offence under one of the following sections:

(a) section 76 (hijacking an aircraft);

(b) section 271 (sexual assault);

(c) section 272 (sexual assault with a weapon, threats to a third party or causing bodily harm);

(d) section 273 (aggravated sexual assault);

(e) section 279 (kidnapping and forcible confinement); or

(f) section 279.1 (hostage taking).

<bbm>

Seems like a fairly slippery slope in this case though. TB willingly went in the vehicle without being threatened, forced, subjected to duress, force or exhibition of force . One can assume but it is not at all certain that he was unable to willingly leave it or, in fact, that he did not willingly leave it. Of course, it was a test drive which was arranged by TB, so DM was acting with lawful authority.

Forcible confinement

(2) Every one who, without lawful authority, confines, imprisons or forcibly seizes another person is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years; or

(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

Non-resistance

(3) In proceedings under this section, the fact that the person in relation to whom the offence is alleged to have been committed did not resist is not a defence unless the accused proves that the failure to resist was not caused by threats, duress, force or exhibition of force.

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/rsc-1985-c-c-46/latest/rsc-1985-c-c-46.html#sec235_smooth

Not necessarily, I think they have moved to a murder charge based on circumstantial evidence. Namely the truck at his moms, the body at the farm, the guy saying about a tattoo. Most charges stem from presumption... only !

Thats why IMO I believe it is imperative that the presumption of innocence is maintained. If you come in from a presumption of guilt there is no neutral ground from which to work. If presumed innocent then IMO the jury can then weigh up all of the FACTUAL evidence and make an INFORMED decision rather than go with mere suggestion and media propaganda. JMO

Not necessarily, I think they have moved to a murder charge based on circumstantial evidence. Namely the truck at his moms, the body at the farm, the guy saying about a tattoo. Most charges stem from presumption... only !

Thats why IMO I believe it is imperative that the presumption of innocence is maintained. If you come in from a presumption of guilt there is no neutral ground from which to work. If presumed innocent then IMO the jury can then weigh up all of the FACTUAL evidence and make an INFORMED decision rather than go with mere suggestion and media propaganda. JMO

You forgot about the fact that the body was burned.

You forgot about the fact that the body was burned.

Yes but we don't know when he was killed or how...or how he was taken to farm or by whom. WE also do not know who burned him.....we know very little at this point tbh JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214