General Discussion and Theories

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the pic in the suicidegirl archives about "The Fridge" (cleaning articles from the site), is DM. I don't think I can link it, but if you type http:// followed by suicidegirls dot com and the following, it should take you to that pic:

/groups/The+Fridge/topics/

I don't know if others see a resemblance, but if it is him, seems he would be affiliated with the administration of the site.

JMO

I still think the pic in the suicidegirl archives about "The Fridge" (cleaning articles from the site), is DM. I don't think I can link it, but if you type http:// followed by suicidegirls do com and the following, it should take you to that pic:

I don't know if others see a resemblance, but if it is him, seems he would be affiliated with the administration of the site.

JMO

Funny Sb, I had the same thing cross my mind when I first ran across that pic.

I actually don't think that looks like him at all IMO and whoever it is also appears way too old to be a younger DM apart from everything else.

But all this suicide girls talk reminds me of Josie. Did WS ever establish that she's alive and well. I seem to remember a post about her tweeting what it was like to have your ex-BF arrested for murder but I can't find it anywhere.

Maybe it was taken down as we can't sleuth Josie. Still, it would be nice to know she's alive and well and no longer doing *advertiser censored* shoots. According to suicide girls, she's no longer active on the site.

I actually don't think that looks like him at all and whoever it is also appears way too old to be a younger DM apart from everything else.
<rsbm>

It doesn't say when that pic was taken ... you are correct that it would not be a "younger" DM, but for all we know it could have been one that was uploaded recently.

JMO

It doesn't say when that pic was taken ... you are correct that it would not be a "younger" DM, but for all we know it could have been one that was uploaded recently. JMO

The picture of the man holding the polaroid is 100% not DM. It's a still from the movie Memento, and the man in the picture is the actor Guy Pearce.

Here is the same photo, unedited: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1799723264/tt0209144

(At one point I was absolutely convinced (before I saw additional photos of both) that "Josie" was Laura Babcock. Once you think you've seen a resemblance it's so hard to unsee it.)

Yeah, that was some amazing photo sleuthing by cansleuther. May I ask if it was done from memory or using an image search?

And speaking of Josie, did we discover if she's still out there? (I hope she got out of the *advertiser censored* business and didn't just graduate to hard core)

I know, I know. NO links allowed, but how about a crumb or two for the curious cats, young and old...

Yeah, that was some amazing photo sleuthing by cansleuther. May I ask if it was done from memory or using an image search?

Thanks so much! :blushing:

As soon as I saw the photo, I recognized it instantly - I've seen Memento several times and I knew it was Guy Pearce's character immediately.

Glad my extensive knowledge of random independent films could be of use! ;)

As soon as I saw the photo, I recognized it instantly - I've seen Memento several times and I knew it was Guy Pearce's character immediately.

I have to admit Memento totally confused me and then I think I fell asleep. I knew I should have kept watching. Darn!:facepalm:

"Tim was supposed to meet two men that Monday night, but they were late, so he was able to tuck his 2½-year-old daughter into bed."
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3841708--we-still-don-t-know-why-this-happened-/

I wonder how late they were, and if it was intentional.

At the beginning of this case, a lot of people were wondering why TB would go out so late for a test-drive, and wouldn't he find it suspicious that someone was coming to look at the truck in the dark. But maybe he was expecting them to show up at 7:30 or 8:00, while it was still light outside (what time would a toddler normally go to bed?).

I wonder if DM/MS called TB to let him know they were running late for some reason (traffic? got lost?) or if they left him waiting. Could they actually have been nearby, waiting for night to fall or scoping out routes/formulating their plan? Or did they park the Yukon far away and have to walk (assuming no suspect #3).

I sure wish your random knowledge had been here when I first posted about it a month ago ;)

I sure wish your random knowledge had been here when I first posted about it a month ago ;)
Well shoot, I could've told you that. :p

Seriously, I missed that discussion, and while I've seen Memento 3-4 times, it's been several years, so I'm not sure I would've made the connection, anyway.

Nice job, cansleuther! :toast:
:star::detective::star::detective::star:​

Well shoot, I could've told you that. :p

Seriously, I missed that discussion, and while I've seen Memento 3-4 times, it's been several years, so I'm not sure I would've made the connection, anyway.

Nice job, cansleuther! :toast:
:star::detective::star::detective::star:​

C'mon you two .. if I'd only known sooner, I'd have had so many cases solved by now :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I still think the pic in the suicidegirl archives about "The Fridge" (cleaning articles from the site), is DM. I don't think I can link it, but if you type http:// followed by suicidegirls dot com and the following, it should take you to that pic:

JMO

Wow SB the resemblance is pretty close if it was a more recent pic of DM. When I first looked at the pic I thought it was DM and thought Oly Moly, if he's doing drugs, it sure looks like he's been doing way too much :floorlaugh: kwim. Also the owner is MAXX (more than like not this dude's real name) and if you click on his name and look at his pics, if that is the actual owner, definitely not DM.

The minimum number of people needed to pull off a truck theft or a sale is two: one to drive the stolen or purchased truck and the other to drive the purchaser's/thief's vehicle. Tim Bosma's driveway had so much room because it was so long, why didn't DM and MS just park in his driveway? The intention was criminal IMO. How far did they park from the driveway because IMO it would have taken both of the suspects to overpower TB. One had to drive and the other would have had to subdue TB somehow. So then, what about their parked vehicle? Did they drive back to the place where the Yukon was parked? Doubtful. So how did this happen? Was TB alive and in his truck at any point with only ONE of the suspects in his Dodge?

The minimum number of people needed to pull off a truck theft or a sale is two: one to drive the stolen or purchased truck and the other to drive the purchaser's/thief's vehicle. Tim Bosma's driveway had so much room because it was so long, why didn't DM and MS just park in his driveway? The intention was criminal IMO. How far did they park from the driveway because IMO it would have taken both of the suspects to overpower TB. One had to drive and the other would have had to subdue TB somehow. So then, what about their parked vehicle? Did they drive back to the place where the Yukon was parked? Doubtful. So how did this happen? Was TB alive and in his truck at any point with only ONE of the suspects in his Dodge?

I'm leaning somewhat that way.

The timeline as we know seems to indicates some time elapse from TB's pickup to where cell was turned off and the time it was turned off. That indicates they had control. Could be they test drove around a few minutes, murdered, then picked up the Yukon.

Or they killed quickly after pickup, grabbed the Yukon, drove towards Brantford, discovered he had a phone, turned it off etc.

I'm leaning somewhat that way.

The timeline as we know seems to indicates some time elapse from TB's pickup to where cell was turned off and the time it was turned off. That indicates they had control. Could be they test drove around a few minutes, murdered, then picked up the Yukon.

Or they killed quickly after pickup, grabbed the Yukon, drove towards Brantford, discovered he had a phone, turned it off etc.

bbm

That's what I think happened. As for where they parked the Yukon, it could have been around the corner on Book road.

"The marine unit was called in Thursday to search a pond in an area off Book Rd. The search stemmed from a tip from a neighbour who heard noises around the time of the disappearance. Nothing was found."

Finding nothing could have been because they left nothing to find, or LE was focused on finding something in the pond, when really they should have been looking for the Yukons tire tracks. Of course at the time they didnt know anything about the Yukon.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...is_return_after_test_drive_disappearance.html

bbm

That's what I think happened. As for where they parked the Yukon, it could have been around the corner on Book road.

"The marine unit was called in Thursday to search a pond in an area off Book Rd. The search stemmed from a tip from a neighbour who heard noises around the time of the disappearance. Nothing was found."

Finding nothing could have been because they left nothing to find, or LE was focused on finding something in the pond, when really they should have been looking for the Yukons tire tracks. Of course at the time they didnt know anything about the Yukon.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...is_return_after_test_drive_disappearance.html

What did the neighbor hear that would be interesting or relevant enough to search the pond? I'd say this leads to the possibility that the killing didn't actually happen inside the truck. So I'm thinking that yes, those Yukon tracks could have been there and/OR that was the "dropoff" point for TB in the carjacking but things escalated into something resulting in an unplanned death.

Wow, it really is good to go back and read those early reports!

bbm

That's probably the route they took then. Straight down Book to the end, turn at Ferguson and take either Wilson or Holditch/White Swan to Hwy 53 and into Brantford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper