General Discussion and Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be pretty hard to believe that no trace (fingerprints, DNA) of DM and MS were found in or on TB's truck. This is what will tie DM and MS to the murder - not the tattoo...LE does not have to present the evidence in a chain according to when it was found either. Nor is LE limited to the evidence that has been reported or suggested in MSM - they no doubt know a lot more than they are saying. If LE reported all of their findings now, they would be at risk of causing a mistrial.

There is a LACK of detailed evidence in MSM, as legally there should be, in order to ensure DM and MS have a fair trial. Just because evidence is not reported does not mean LE has nothing on DM and MS.

There is a big difference between what we, as outsiders, would know and what LE, which holds the totality of the evidence, knows.

Pivoted my case .... :scared:

Mentioning that the tattoo is where all else stemmed from initially is hardly pivoting my case... It was the tattoo being described by some, as yet unknown witness, that caused suspicion to be planted on DM. Somehow this anonymous witness's alleged observation was enough to pinpoint DM...yet how DM came to the fore we have no clue, as we so far as I can tell, have not been advised how the tattoo suddenly became DM's tattoo. (with or without a frame). Are we to gather that witness recognized DM? They did not suggest this so exactly how his observation linked to DM I have no idea.

We have been told that body was found on farm (although this has yet to be confirmed apparently) yet the body was found AFTER DM's arrest...so it could not have been the farm that suggested the tattooed arm was DM's.
If anyone can post a link that explains how the tattooed arm was linked to DM I would appreciate it as I dont remember seeing it.

Remember we all have the RIGHT to remain silent...it is RIGHT, we need to be asking ourselves exactly why this is a right and not an opinion or word of advise. IMO

The tattoo will not likely be relevant to the case, DNA in the truck, body on the farm, a burner phone, a burned body, seats removed from the ram, the cars inside the chop shop, and finally IMO the worst piece of evidence, that ram hidden away and the mothers house.

Based on the above, the crown has a very good case.

yet the body was found AFTER DM's arrest..

Means absolutely nothing.

The tattoo will not likely be relevant to the case, DNA in the truck, body on the farm, a burner phone, a burned body, seats removed from the ram, the cars inside the chop shop, and finally IMO the worst piece of evidence, that ram hidden away and the mothers house.

...and fingerprints :)

Even if the phone was wiped clean, I don't recall there being any mention of the people who took the other truck for a test drive wearing gloves.

IMO, it was probably fingerprints from that first truck that led LE to DM and MS in the first place.

...and fingerprints :)

Even if the phone was wiped clean, I don't recall there being any mention of the people who took the other truck for a test drive wearing gloves.

IMO, it was probably fingerprints from that first truck that led LE to DM and MS in the first place.

Exactly, I haven't even mentioned finger prints etc, or whether their cell phones were pinged during the timeline, (or if they were off during the time line), etc.

What I have a problem with is that Bloomquist seems to think the LE needs to show how a piece of evidence (example: Ram at the mothers) got to the location or (body on the farm) got to the location and if LE cannot show how it got there, then any wild speculation can be ruled as reasonable doubt, it does not work like that. MOO.

It was the tattoo being described by some, as yet unknown witness, that caused suspicion to be planted on DM. Somehow this anonymous witness's alleged observation was enough to pinpoint DM...yet how DM came to the fore we have no clue, as we so far as I can tell, have not been advised how the tattoo suddenly became DM's tattoo. (with or without a frame). Are we to gather that witness recognized DM? They did not suggest this so exactly how his observation linked to DM I have no idea.
<snip>

Not only was DM unlucky enough to have the "ambition" tattoo described, but he was also unlucky enough to have Tim's burned remains found on his farm, and Tim's truck hidden in DM's trailer on DM's mother's property.

I don't think the jury will reach a verdict of Bad Luck.

JMO

The above is based on the theory that DNA is in the truck and that burner phone has linked evidence etc The truck on MB's driveway is not a clincher IMO and I think the Crown has a very difficult case to prove... JMO

This might be as good a time as any to point to data collected by the Innocence Project ...

Among the findings are that there have been 307 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the US.
<snip>

Wrongful convictions in Canada, from 1959 to 2010, a total of 43:

http://aidwyc.org/timeline.html

According to statistics in this study:

https://circle.ubc.ca/bitstream/handle/2429/27949/ubc_2010_fall_david_lisa.pdf?sequence=1

POSTCONVICTION REVIEW PRE 2002 SECTION 690 (starting 1986)

Applications 424
Interventions 10
Resolution 8

POSTCONVICTION REVIEW POST 2002 SECTION 696

Applications 189
Interventions 12
Resolution 11

It would appear that the majority of applications do not warrant review, but in those cases where it is determined that a review is warranted, the majority of them are successful.

Pivoted my case .... :scared:

Mentioning that the tattoo is where all else stemmed from initially is hardly pivoting my case... It was the tattoo being described by some, as yet unknown witness, that caused suspicion to be planted on DM. Somehow this anonymous witness's alleged observation was enough to pinpoint DM...yet how DM came to the fore we have no clue, as we so far as I can tell, have not been advised how the tattoo suddenly became DM's tattoo. (with or without a frame). Are we to gather that witness recognized DM? They did not suggest this so exactly how his observation linked to DM I have no idea.

We have been told that body was found on farm (although this has yet to be confirmed apparently) yet the body was found AFTER DM's arrest...so it could not have been the farm that suggested the tattooed arm was DM's.
If anyone can post a link that explains how the tattooed arm was linked to DM I would appreciate it as I dont remember seeing it.

Remember we all have the RIGHT to remain silent...it is RIGHT, we need to be asking ourselves exactly why this is a right and not an opinion or word of advise. IMO
The man said the taller of the two had several tattoos on his arms, exposed by his short-sleeve t-shirt, but one in particular stood out: a tattoo on his wrist of a rectangle with the word ‘ambition’ inside.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...ive-with-two-strange-men-and-never-came-back/
Meanwhile, police have also been able to trace the phone number the suspects used back to a cellphone that stopped working soon after Bosma disappeared.
The cellphone was purchased about three months ago and was bought under a fake name, Kavanagh said
Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/bosma-s-ce...w-details-on-suspects-1.1275631#ixzz2Vl9ULTio
Investigators have now obtained cellphone records for the number they believe the men called Bosma from, a phone registered under “a bogus name.” Kavanagh said the phone has been “turned off” since it was used to call Bosma.
However, through the phone records police identified a Toronto man who took the same two men for a test drive in his vehicle — which is “similar to Bosma’s” and was also advertised for sale online — a day before the Ancaster man vanished
.http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/10/missing-hamilton-man-tim-bosnas-cell-phone-found-in-brantford

This might be as good a time as any to point to data collected by the Innocence Project.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/DNA_Exonerations_Nationwide.php

Among the findings are that there have been 307 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the US.

They note that Eyewitness Misidentification Testimony was a factor in 72 percent percent of post-conviction DNA exoneration cases in the U.S., making it the leading cause of these wrongful convictions. Also, they note that the testimony of Informants contributed to wrongful convictions in 18 percent of cases.

Additionally (in part)

• Since 1989, there have been tens of thousands of cases where prime suspects were identified and pursued—until DNA testing (prior to conviction) proved that they were wrongly accused.

• In more than 25 percent of cases in a National Institute of Justice study, suspects were excluded once DNA testing was conducted during the criminal investigation (the study, conducted in 1995, included 10,060 cases where testing was performed by FBI labs).

LE could already hold an almost certain DNA match, if they wanted. IMO.
And/or..
LE could seek a warrant and have a Provincial Judge grant the warrant to take bodily fluids for testing. CCC..........http://yourlaws.ca/criminal-code-canada/48705-information-warrant-take-bodily-substances

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...o_suspects_in_spate_of_luxury_car_thefts.html
I have been following the postings on this site for a while more as a quick source to keep updated on any news..I have read some very interesting theories about the case but I wonder if this isn't being over thought. I am of the mindset that it was a simple car jack gone wrong..plain and simple. There is a good chance that Tim panicked and jumped from the moving vehicle when he realized what was going down. He may have been badly hurt or killed, then put into the back of the truck, they backtracked to pick up the second vehicle and then with no clear cut plan drove away with Tim..what followed is pretty clear..a couple of punks trying to get rid of the evidence..I couldn't help but notice the resemblance between the video of a high end car thief that the TPD was seeking public assistance in Dec 2012 and MS. It would make sense that DM would have connections to this social set and be aware of vacations and what not..JMO

We need some pressers badly, or were all going to end up killing each other. I wonder who would web sleuth that??

The above is based on the theory that DNA is in the truck and that burner phone has linked evidence etc The truck on MB's driveway is not a clincher IMO and I think the Crown has a very difficult case to prove... JMO

There is going to be prints/DNA in TB's truck
There is going to be prints on the trailer from the last person to touch each door handle
The burner phone was used carelessly and will have record of calls to several people selling trucks, plus a selection of the user's closest friends who could easily be fooled into revealing whose phone it is ("I've found a lost phone...")
The mystery of who took TB unraveled incredibly quickly (first arrest within a week)
I think DP is going to have to come up with one heck of a story to cover all the evidence found and still assert DM's "innocence"
...especially the part about the incinerator.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...o_suspects_in_spate_of_luxury_car_thefts.html
I have been following the postings on this site for a while more as a quick source to keep updated on any news..I have read some very interesting theories about the case but I wonder if this isn't being over thought. I am of the mindset that it was a simple car jack gone wrong..plain and simple. There is a good chance that Tim panicked and jumped from the moving vehicle when he realized what was going down. He may have been badly hurt or killed, then put into the back of the truck, they backtracked to pick up the second vehicle and then with no clear cut plan drove away with Tim..what followed is pretty clear..a couple of punks trying to get rid of the evidence..I couldn't help but notice the resemblance between the video of a high end car thief that the TPD was seeking public assistance in Dec 2012 and MS. It would make sense that DM would have connections to this social set and be aware of vacations and what not..JMO

Real good points.
I don't think either DM or MS work for NASA either, just typical punk wannabes. I posted many days ago about Occam's Razor concerning simplicity, as have others here.
You're correct, not every murder is a JFK assassination. IMO

I have been following the postings on this site for a while more as a quick source to keep updated on any news..I have read some very interesting theories about the case but I wonder if this isn't being over thought. I am of the mindset that it was a simple car jack gone wrong..plain and simple.
<rsbm>

Welcome LogicalThinker !!

FWIW, carjacking would still constitute forcible confinement, i.e. recent case in Ottawa:

Kevin Ransdell has been found guilty on two charges related to the carjacking of Anna Korutowska, the widow of murdered Ottawa police Constable Eric Czapnik. Ransdell was found guilty of robbery and forcible confinement.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/10/21/ottawa-czapnik-widow-carjacker-verdict.html

:greetings: and welcome to WS LogicalThinker!

Real good points.
I don't think either DM or MS work for NASA either, just typical punk wannabes. I posted many days ago about Occam's Razor concerning simplicity, as have others here.
You're correct, not every murder is a JFK assassination. IMO

As many logicians have learned, sometimes to their dismay, Occam's Razor is easily broken by facts. Moreover, an incorrect use of Occam's Razor only leads to a perpetuation and corroboration of existing prejudice, and this principle should not be used to easily get rid of unwelcome data or concepts. Perhaps you're referring the to the adage called Hanlon's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. IMO,"Heinlein's Razor", (attributed to Albert Einstein) may be more appropriate here - Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.

<rsbm>

Welcome LogicalThinker !!

FWIW, carjacking would still constitute forcible confinement, i.e. recent case in Ottawa:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/10/21/ottawa-czapnik-widow-carjacker-verdict.html

Just for the sake of clarity / consistency, did you notice that according to the MSM this case involved "But after handing over $300, she said he coerced her into driving him to another location, where he fled." The use of force against the victim would most certainly would underscore the forcible confinement aspect of that carjacking. IMO. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat Silva