Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Carol,

I noticed you said that you are in South Africa. Can you tell us what the mood is in SA about Reeva Steenkamp's family so unflinchingly putting all their support behind Oscar?

I find it disturbing that her own family is backing him with no reservations.

Thank you.

Sadly, the huge amount of talk has not been centered on her family bar the condolences and sympathies. Also, the family have yet to give a formal statement. I did find out yesterday that I have a mutual friend of the family..this friend attends the same church as Reevas uncle and its quite a staunch church ( lol..I guess what church isn't) anyhow, my point is I think the family are trying not to show animosity because of their beliefs. But Yar, not much is being said about her family at present. In fact, there has been more of an outcry about the Oscar jokes in reference to the fact that a beautiful girl is dead than her family standing by him..which I find highly unlikely as time goes by....Reeva was an only child btw...her parents are shattered.

I don't understand the defence. Mistaken identity does not remove intent. Had it been a burglar, Oscar would surely still be up on murder charges (dolus eventualis indeterminatus).

From what I've read:

Police were notifed of loud shouting, arguements at Pistorius's home 2 hours prior to Reeva's death

She was shot 4 times in the head, hand, hip, chest while she was in th ebathroom

Now there are reports of a bolldy cricket bat and Reeva's skull was hit several times, opening up her skull

It's always a tough thing to have a solid relationship between two high profile celebs

A major South African newspaper is reporting that a bloodied cricket bat found at Oscar Pistorius' home supports the charge he killed his girlfriend of four months.

The City Press cites sources close to the investigation who said the skull of 29-year-old model Reeva Steenkamp was "crushed" when police arrived at the scene of the Valentine's Day murder.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/s...r-case-news-update-video-bat-trial-kill-model

Miss Steenkamp was said to be still breathing as security guards, neighbours and Mr Pistorius' family gathered, and he tried to give her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

But once police and paramedics arrived on the scene, she was declared dead.

According to a source cited by City Press, Miss Steenkamp was wearing a nightdress, an overnight bag was found at the house and her iPad was on the bedroom floor.

"It was clear that both of them had slept in the bed," the source added.

The holster of a 9mm pistol similar to the weapon recovered by police was found on one side of the bed, the paper said. A bullet cartridge was also reportedly found in the bedroom and police are investigating whether Mr Pistorius fired one shot then "chased" Miss Steenkamp to the bathroom.

"The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip," one source was quoted as saying. "She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head which is why the bullet also went through her hand."

Police asked for blood taken from Mr Pistorius to be tested for steroids, City Press claimed, in anticipation that his defence team might claim he acted in "roid rage" – an aggressive condition associated with taking large doses of performance-enhancing drugs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...et-bat-found-at-Paralympic-athletes-home.html

if it were really a case of accidental death, he would've called 911 immediately instead of his pal(s). she might still be alive today if he hadn't waited to call them.

This whole matter is just so sad.

Reminds me again, why people and especially children should have role models close to them, rather than looking at sports figures or celebrities as role models.

if it were really a case of accidental death, he would've called 911 immediately instead of his pal(s). she might still be alive today if he hadn't waited to call them.

Yes, that's true

Word seems to be going around that Reeva left Oscar's home after an arugment and the neighbors reported th eloud shouting

Reeva returned to his home, possibly he was unaware of her return, since it was very early in the morning and he was in bed

And S Africa's had alot of home intrusions, so it sounds like everyone's on heightened awareness of home break ins

Sad, sad story

I'm considering, like many others, that Roid Rage, steroid abuse, was a contributor to this excessive murder of Reeva

Here's some info on steroids/rage

Roid rage

Back in June of 2007 a tragic story of murder-suicide involving a professional wrestler made the headlines. Chris Benoit of World Wrestling Entertainment fame reportedly murdered his 7 year old boy, Daniel, and his wife, Nancy, before hanging himself. Since high levels of testosterone were found in his system, the question was raised as to whether this was yet another incident of “roid rage”.

What Is Roid Rage?
Roid rage is the term given to the destructive rage that sometimes occurs in people who abuse anabolic steroids also known as anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS). Studies have shown that these drugs may cause people to become very aggressive, highly irritable, hostile, and at times, violent. They may exhibit severe mood swings and become manic, with no ability to control their impulses. Additionally, they may become extremely paranoid and delusional. They may perceive themselves as invincible. When these effects are combined with impaired judgment, the results can be lethal.

http://www.drugrehabwiki.com/wiki/Roid_rage

Ok, so IF she left after the police came at 2am, perhaps he went back to bed and was not wearing his prosthetics, leaving him more vulnerable if there is an intruder and more likely to shoot first and ask questions later??? She comes back and lets herself in (did she have a key?), is shot, runs to the bathroom, he puts on his prosthetics and then shoots the 'intruder' through the door???

It doesn't actually make much sense to me now that I type it:blushing: Surely after the initial shots and her running to the bathroom, he'd have known it was her and not an intruder???

This guy reminds me of OJ.

It sounds like Reeva was an incredible woman, and she died undeservedly by a self-centred narcissist.

Rest in Peace, Reeva, you are not forgotten

I might add, that the was meticulously planning his cover while Reeva lay dying.

Unfathomable

A 9mm pistol was recovered and, according to unconfirmed reports, four shots were fired.
Police spokeswoman Lt Col Katlego Mogale said: 'Paramedics declared the woman dead on the scene and police proceeded with their investigation.
'The woman sustained wounds to her head and the upper body.'

A journalist from the Daily Mail interviewed him last summer and noted: 'This being South Africa, one baseball bat and one cricket bat lie behind Pistorius's bedroom door.
'A revolver is at his bedside. A machine gun by his window.'

www.dailymail.com

Forgive me if this has already been posted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...et-bat-found-at-Paralympic-athletes-home.html

"The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip," one source was quoted as saying. "She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head which is why the bullet also went through her hand."

BBM: So, are we to believe he didn't know who she was, when she was defending herself in the bathroom, in her nightie, and the shots presumably were fired through the door?

Wonder how many holes are in his patched up story?

Sounds like Reeva was a victim of domestic abuse to me, and he continues to try to control the situation from his jail cell.

The truth will prevail. :jail:

055005-aptopix-south-africa-pistorius-shooting.jpg

A police officer holds a gun that was allegedly used in the shooting of Reeva Steenkamp, the girlfriend of Olympian athlete Oscar Pistorius, at the Boschkop police station east of Pretoria. AP Photo/Phill Magakoe, Pretoria News

398465-the-life-amp-times-of-oscar.jpg

This aerial image taken from video provided by VNS24/7 shows the home of Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius in a gated housing complex in Pretoria. Photo: AP

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/bl...ewspaper-reports/story-fnbzs1v0-1226580222866

A nation fed up with ‘femicide’ shuns Pistorius

GEOFFREY YORK
JOHANNESBURG — The Globe and Mail

A heavily bloodied cricket bat, found at the luxury home of Mr. Pistorius after the shooting death of Reeva Steenkamp on Thursday morning, suggests he may have used the bat “to viciously assault her,” according to a report in a respected South African newspaper, City Press, citing three unnamed sources close to the police investigation.

The newspaper reported that Ms. Steenkamp’s skull had been “crushed”; that one shot had been fired from the athlete’s pistol in the bedroom before the remaining three shots were fired through a bathroom door; and that the “intruder” claim was impossible because there were no signs of forced entry and because both of them had slept in the bedroom before the shooting

Mr. Pistorius and his family have assembled a crack team of high-priced lawyers, a top pathologist, and even a well-known London spin doctor – former British tabloid editor Stuart Higgins, whose clients have included British Airways and top English soccer clubs.

Much of the backlash is sparked by growing reports that Mr. Pistorius had a history of anger issues, a fascination with guns, and several alleged incidents of threats and physical confrontations involving women and men. He had applied for licences for seven guns, including a .223 semi-automatic rifle, according to the South African newspaper Beeld.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...with-femicide-shuns-pistorius/article8775759/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill