General Discussion Thread #1 -Bail Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscar Pistorius 'tried to resuscitate dying girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp after shooting her four times': Blade Runner carried model downstairs after she was shot

"Oscar Pistorius 'carried his dying girlfriend downstairs and tried to resuscitate her as he desperately attempted to save her life' it was claimed today.

The 26-year-old allegedly cradled Reeva Steenkamp, who he allegedly shot four times, as he tried to stop her dying, performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on the 29-year-old.
It was reported that she was still breathing when paramedics and security guards rushed to the house.

But paramedics were unable to revive her and she was pronounced dead at the scene."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-murder-Reeva-Steenkamp.html#ixzz2L4xwDEna

I read they have CCTV footage of her arriving at his house earlier that day. The intruder theory is bull. I really hope he doesn't get special treatment because of who he is.

"The source told The Sun: 'He's been given a cell to himself at the police station but there are criminals in cells around him and he doesn't belong there. There are police concerns over his mental state.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-murder-Reeva-Steenkamp.html#ixzz2L4yPAYDE

If he was starting to have some sort of mental issues...he could have easily believed that the person in the bathroom was an intruder. I will be interested to see what more comes out.

It appears that Oscar Pistorius has a history of violence......

A senior police officer reacted with surprise yesterday morning when he heard of reports that Pistorius had shot his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp at his Silver Lakes home in Pretoria. He said that the Blade Runner should not have been allowed to own a firearm with his history of domestic violence.

The senior officer, who asked not to be named, said in terms of the Domestic Violence Act, Pistorius should not have been allowed to possess any firearms. “Taking his past history of domestic violence in consideration, his firearm licences should’ve been reconsidered.”

In 2009 Pistorius spent a night in police custody when he was arrested on charges of assaulting a 19-year-old woman in the same house as the one in which Steenkamp died. He was arrested on a Saturday night after he allegedly assaulted Cassidy Taylor-Memmory.

link: http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...er-oscar-pistorius-should-not-have-had-a-gun/

So she was in the bathroom with the door closed and he shot her through the door? Am I reading that correctly?

Here's some of the story:

The gorgeous model was slain two hours after police were called to Pistorius’ upscsale home over a loud fight involving the couple, the daily newspaper Beeld reported Friday.

RELATED: OSCAR PISTORIUS’ FAMILY RELEASES STATEMENT

Steenkamp, 29, later fled to the bathroom in her boyfriend’s house before she was shot through the closed door with a 9-mm. handgun.

She was struck in the head, chest, pelvis and hand, the newspaper said. Steenkamp and the Olympian began dating about four months ago.

“I would just like to say, I have dated Oscar on/off for 5 YEARS, NOT ONCE has he EVER lifted a finger to me, made me fear for my life,” said Jenna Edkins.

RELATED: PROSECUTORS WILL PUSH FOR A PREMEDITATED MURDER CHARGE AGAINST PISTORIUS

“All I am saying is let him speak, let his side be heard without jumping to conclusions. Love and thoughts to Reeva’s family.”

But another former ex called Pistorius a “player.” Samantha Taylor, who dated Pistorius before she said he left her for Steenkamp, said, “Oscar is certainly not what people think he is. We dated for a year-and-a-half.”

She said Pistorius had a “way with women” and that Steenkamp was “probably not the only one he’s got.”

Taylor’s father also weighed in on Pistorius’ dark side.

“I have no sympathy for Oscar. I am just glad that my daughter is safe and that she got out of the relationship in time,” Henry Taylor was quoted in Beeld.

Former soccer player Mark Batchelor revealed he received an angry call from Pistorius after the Olympian discovered Taylor had become involved with multimillionaire TV producer Quinton van den Bergh.

Pistorius threatened to break Bergh’s legs and phoned the producer’s friends, including Batchelor, and patronizingly called him “boy” and swore at him, Batchelor told the Saturday Star.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/pistorius-weeps-court-appearance-article-1.1265226

I read they have CCTV footage of her arriving at his house earlier that day. The intruder theory is bull. I really hope he doesn't get special treatment because of who he is.

How incredibly sad

Police were called about two hours before the murder, neighbors called about a loud heated argument at Pistorius home

I don't buy the intruder alibi at all...he was enraged and shot her through the bathroom door 4 times..in the head, hand, chest, pelvis

‘Signs he has narcissistic disorder’

February 16 2013 at 01:23pm

Johannesburg - Oscar Pistorius’s alleged murder of his girlfriend, model Reeva Steenkamp, would be typical of the kind of violent crime that is prevalent in the country. Pistorius has also shown signs of having narcissistic personality disorder, and his interest in guns is an indication of aggressive tendencies, experts say.

Gareth Newham, head of crime and justice programme at the Institute of Security Studies, said that according to statistics, 80 percent of victims of murder were known to their perpetrators.

Of the over 15 000 murders that took place in a year, Newham said 45 percent were as a result of firearms.

”Twenty percent of the perpetrators are direct relatives,” he said

Newham said in more than half of murders, both victims and perpetrators were under the influence of alcohol and in domestic-related murders, the killing was often out of jealousy and or as the result of an argument.

Although murders have fallen by 54 percent since 1994, the murder rate is still higher than the global average.

Unisa criminologist Professor Anna van der Hoven said that a combination of factors contributed to someone murdering someone close to them.

But she said that if Pistorius had murdered Steenkamp, there must have been a triggering factor. The Olympian had showed signs of aggression and violence in the past. His interest in firearms was also indicative of aggressive tendencies.

“Abusive men suffer from pathological jealousy of their partners,” said Van der Hoven. “I haven’t diagnosed him but he also shows signs of someone with a narcissistic personality disorder.

“These kinds of individuals have a grandiose sense of self-importance… However, their self-esteem is very fragile and when this is threatened, they can become violent,” she said. “They don’t know how to show sympathy for other people.”

She said Pistorius’s disability may also have played a role in that he received special attention and always expected it.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/signs-he-has-narcissistic-disorder-1.1471552

So what was the triggering point? Jealousy?

Having read this article, my theory is that Steenkamp could have got up to go to the loo after 3am, and while she was in there, Oscar decided to check the messages on her mobile phone while she was away to see if any other guys had sent her any Happy Valentine's Day text messages. And there it was - a text message from the handsome playboy rugby player whom she had known for years! Oscar then became jealous so went and got his gun shouting that he was going to shoot her. Perhaps earlier that night she had lied to Oscar about her still being in touch with the rugby player and this could have been the reason for their argument two hours before. So when he got proof, Oscar was outraged. Being terrified of him, she locked herself in the bathroom thinking she would be safe there refusing to come out so he shot her through the door. I read that this rugby player did not turn up for his match two days after the shooting making me feel that he could think his actions could have been the trigger.

What do you think?

I like your theory, Estelle. It brings together all the seemingly unrelated parts of the story.

it's 4AM - would he be wearing his prosthetics? If he's going with the intruder story, that would tell me he would be in bed sleeping most likely. Not sure if one would wear prosthetics to bed though. Or in reality, they are both up, he has his pros's on, and have an argument, and he kills her. My vote is for the latter.

MOO

Mel

Police find bloodied cricket bet at Pistorius home: report

http://www.thenewage.co.za/83325-1007-53-Police_find_bloodied_cricket_bat_at_Pistorius_home_report

Police have found a bloodied cricket bat at the home of Oscar Pistorius, a local newspaper reported on Sunday, following the Valentine's Day killing of his model girlfriend.

The star Olympian and Paralympian athlete was charged on Friday with the murder of 29-year-old Reeva Steenkamp who was shot dead at his luxury Pretoria home in a case that has gripped the world.

Police sources close to the investigation told the independent City Press newspaper that Steenkamp's skull had been "crushed".

"There was lots of blood on the bat," one source told the paper.

Police are investigating whether the bat was used to assault Steenkamp, who was shot four times in the early hours of Thursday, or if she used it to defend herself.

Wow! In the famous words of our Yoda...."spin that".

WOAH! From the article:

Police sources close to the investigation told the independent City Press newspaper that Steenkamp's skull had been "crushed".

"There was lots of blood on the bat," one source told the paper.

So he shoots her, then beats her (or vice-versa). That takes a lot of rage! I am so sad for her and her family - she had such a beautiful life ahead of her.

If this is true - I hope he pays for the rest of his life for what he did.

:jail:

MOO

Mel

some interesting re-tweets in hindsight:

dec 21
UNICEF‏@UNICEF
'Killing became as easy as drinking water.' @IshmaelBeah on his past life as a #childsoldier for @independent http://uni.cf/VTEXtD
Retweeted by Oscar Pistorius

jan 21
Bert Pretorius‏@BertPretorius
Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honouring each other-Rom12:10 Show LOVE and HONOUR!

jan2
UNICEF‏@UNICEF
'Girls and women need to be valued, respected and feel safe, not only at home but also in public spaces' #India #rape http://uni.cf/UhfKts

and then there are these:

feb 6
Oscar Pistorius‏@OscarPistorius
Can think of worse places to be! Shooting for "Top billing" in the McLaren MP4-12C

feb 4
Last training session for the day then watching one of my favorites, "Good Will Hunting" on @mnetmovies' Showcase. Won an Oscar! ;)

jan 22
Ergghh this session is killing me today! 600m 8min rest 500m 8min rest 450m 8min rest 500m. Will post times if @MartynRooney & I make it..

jan 21
Had a laugh shooting this!!“@mnetmovies: For those who haven’t seen our Oscar Month tv ad #OscarMonth

jan 14
About to smash my first session of the week with @SebR13 and @MartynRooney! Set the tone early in the week to dominate and own everything!

jan 10
Had a great day, started at 5am as I fell asleep but ended up shooting a great commercial which will air in 2wks. Off to gym tonight! :)

jan 8
Just get up and do it! No one is going to smash it for you, take stock, lock and load and go hard! I WILL be a beast today!

http://twitter.com/OscarPistorius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member