General Discussion Thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can appreciate that some of the people holding out for his innocence are genuine like Carol, but to me the more his affidavit is analyzed the more it collapses.

Just in the last 12 hours here, you saw how some of us analyzed parts anew. I thnk virtually every sentence is a cover-up, and/or absurdity/improbabilty. E.g. I posted that the casing supposedly found in the toilet appears to have the most horrible of meanings. Otherwise how does firing behind a closed door lead to an ejected cartridge in the toilet. His carrying her down the stairs was to coverup that he already got blood on him from either shooting her from close range or carrying her to the toilet--or both. Every sentence has a far more likely and horrific meaning than his nonsense (to me).

I wonder if there are factors that make some want to believe anything he says?
Public figure
Icon/hero worship
Disabled
Little or no known priors

Is there a limit to the "innocent until proven guilty" thing?

Afterall we are not trying him in court, only saying what each of us thinks is most likely from what we know,

To me, this was one of the most obvious from the getgo.

BTW, Carol, ever hear Rodriguez, aka Sugarman, in SA?

Just for clarification it was a projectile that was found in the toilet, not an ejected cartridge.

Just wondering what others thought about my shower theory I posted earlier today? Post #940 in case you missed it.

Though it is true that DM is tabloid-esque in style, conservative politically, and devoid of thoughtful debate or fodder for same, it does seem to report accurate accounts in so far as they are police-sourced. However, it has turned out that the police had rushed to a judgement or that a story relied heavily on speculations made by parties who once knew Joanna Yate's eccentric neighbor etc. But I would not dismiss what they report to have come by through credible documentation.

Though it is true that DM is tabloid-esque in style, conservative politically, and devoid of thoughtful debate or fodder for same, it does seem to report accurate accounts in so far as they are police-sourced. However, it has turned out that the police had rushed to a judgement or that a story relied heavily on speculations made by parties who once knew Joanna Yate's eccentric neighbor etc. But I would not dismiss what they report to have come by through credible documentation.

I'd like to point out also that the National Enquirer often comes out with great stuff.

They were the only periodical that showed a huge photo of OJ Simpson wearing his Bruno Magli shoes. He said he'd never bought any. It was the imprints of the somewhat rare brand that were evident at the Bundy crime scene [which I am gazing out at from 25 storeys up from my office window].

The also were absolutely brilliant in exposing John Edwards' affair and baby out of wedlock, a story that the MSM refused to cover even though they knew about it.

And ... as an aside, Drudge carried the story of the semen stained blue dress which again the MSM refused to report on. That made Drudge the multi-millionaire he is today.

Lesson: You very definitely cannot count on the MSM in every case.

Haha, there is ONE OP supporter! :p and supporter is the wrong word. There is just not enough evidence to convince me of his guilt.

I believe he is guilty of murdering his girlfriend. I thought that was a given as he has admitted to shooting her through a locked door. Isn't that considered murder, whether it's an intruder or a girlfriend? Or is there a possibility the court could consider it culpable homicide? I thought not, but maybe I'm wrong.

Whether OP intentionally shot his girlfriend is another matter. I am open to the possibility that he thought she was an intruder, though I am highly skeptical. I assume he will be required to provide evidence and witness accounts at trial to support his version of events. I will be open to the evidence presented by both sides.

All of the above is just my opinion.

I believe he is guilty of murdering his girlfriend. I thought that was a given as he has admitted to shooting her through a locked door. Isn't that considered murder, whether it's an intruder or a girlfriend? Or is there a possibility the court could consider it culpable homicide? I thought not, but maybe I'm wrong.

Whether OP intentionally shot his girlfriend is another matter. I am open to the possibility that he thought she was an intruder, though I am highly skeptical. I assume he will be required to provide evidence and witness accounts at trial to support his version of events. I will be open to the evidence presented by both sides.

All of the above is just my opinion.

Actually, I quoted this above ... but to me, the bedroom/bath is simply too small to overlook Reeva.

Pistorius’ bedroom is 16 feet wide, with a couch to the side of the bed. If the bed is king-sized, that leaves less than 4 feet of space on either side. If it’s queen-sized, that leaves 4½ feet at most. Imagine trying to maneuver around that bed in total darkness, rapidly and on stumps, without bumping into it or waking Steenkamp. Roux claims that Pistorius, who normally slept on the bed’s right side, switched that night and slept on the left, even though that’s where Steenkamp’s slippers and overnight bag were found. Whatever. If that’s true, it means that Pistorius climbed out of bed, navigated around it to the balcony on Steenkamp’s side, brought in the fan, heard the scary noise, and went back around to his side to get the gun, without bumping into his sweetheart, saying anything to her, or checking to make sure she was there. He didn’t speak to her till he was off on his mission to the bathroom. Hearing no reply from her, he fired through the toilet door anyway. Not once, but four times.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...h_about_reeva_steenkamp_he_s_a_dangerous.html

//snipped for now, will answer rest in another post.

Is that a trick question?? :D
Wen I was 15 and got my first weekend job, with my first paycheck I hightailed it to the music store and purchased 2 vinyls. The Cure and Cold Fact. :)
That was some errrr...lets say many moons ago. Hehe.

Do you still have those LPs?

Enquirer claims to have exclusive on Reeva being pregnant:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/world-exclusive-blade-runners-girlfriend-was-pregnant

Somehow this one I am sceptical of. (If he wanted to marry her, he would havebeen glad if she were pregnant--unless he thought or knew it wasn't his.)

Of course, the police have the results of the autopsy which I believe checks for pregnancy on a female.
Just get a message saying * content of this website is not available in your area*
Lol..seems sanctions is still alive and well :D

Can someone please quote for me.
I'm off to bed, will check in the morning, sleep tight everyone...and stay safe :p

Just get a message saying * content of this website is not available in your area*
Lol..seems sanctions is still alive and well :D

Can someone please quote for me.
I'm off to bed, will check in the morning, sleep tight everyone...and stay safe :p

IN a blockbuster world ex*clusive, The ENQUIRER can reveal that police believe “Blade Runner” OSCAR PISTORIUS killed his stunning girlfriend in a fit of rage after she told him she was pregnant!

What was supposed to be a ro*mantic Valentine’s Day for the couple at the Olympic hero’s South African mansion exploded into a deadly rampage when she broke the baby news to Oscar – shortly after he’d flown into a jealous rage over suspicions that she was cheating on him.

“Police believe the preg*nancy secret she revealed is what sent Pistorius over the edge and left her dead, with bullet wounds to the head, chest, pelvis and hand,” an insider close to investigation told The ENQUIRER.

Pistorius, 26, and Reeva Steen*kamp, 29, a gorgeous law school graduate and model, had been dat*ing since they met at a party three months ago. He was an Olympic icon and she a beauty set to appear in a reality TV series, so it didn’t take long for them to become known as South Africa’s golden couple.

No one suspected trouble in para*dise when a local TV crew filmed Reeva arriving at the runner’s posh Pretoria home at 6 p.m. on Feb. 13 – just hours before the bloodbath.

“Later that night, neighbors com*plained of shouting and fighting coming from the house,” said the source. “Police were called to in*vestigate, but it appeared to be just another lover’s spat, so nothing was done except to ask them to quiet down.”

The couple soon went to bed, according to authori*ties, and Pistorius’ mansion turned into a House of Death at about 3 a.m. on Feb. 14.

“Police theorize that Pisto*rius was in a rage – possibly induced by the illegal steroids that were later recovered in his home – and bludgeoned Reeva with a cricket bat during a fierce argument,” said the source. “When police found the bat, there was lots of blood on it.

“Investigators believe Pistorius shot the young woman once while they were fighting.”

Terrified and bleeding heavily, Reeva somehow managed to get into the adjoining bathroom and shut the door before her enraged boyfriend fired three more shots from his Tau*rus 9 mm pistol through the door – snuffing out her life.

But even before that, Pisto*rius – who made history by running in the London Olympics last summer wearing prosthetic carbon-fiber blades – was already said to be seething with jealousy.

“Police believe the argument started over Reeva’s relationship with Oscar’s close friend, handsome rugby player Francois Hougaard,” said the source.

“Oscar discovered that Reeva and Francois had been texting each oth*er, and police later found evidence of their communications on Reeva’s iPad.

“Those e-mails were the opening salvo in the fight that got out of hand and led to murder.

“Police believe as the arguing con*tinued, hot-headed Pistorius became mani*acal. Reeva tried to calm him down, saying there was nothing between Hou*gaard and herself. Although she had dated him in the past, it was long over.”

But the Blade Runner continued to vent, and desperate Reeva blurt*ed out that she was pregnant with his child, investigators believe. Instead of soothing him, cops think that the baby revelation incensed Pistorius even more and he screamed that the baby wasn’t his before launching his deadly attack.

Hearing the commotion at the house, alarmed neighbors alert*ed security at the heavily guarded Silver Woods Country Estates, the gat*ed community where Pistorius lived and residents are protected by 10-foot-high walls.

Realizing what he’d done, the fright*ened athlete apparently carried his girlfriend’s blood-soaked body from the bathroom and tried to revive her.

The security guards were con*vinced Reeva was clinging to life as Pistorius desperately tried giving her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but she died soon after.

Later, the disgraced Olympian claimed he had thought there was a burglar in the house and the shooting was a horrible mistake.

“But that doesn’t make sense,” the insider said. “Reeva had been in the house since 6 p.m. the day before – and he knew she was there. Police aren’t buying that story either and have charged him with premeditated murder.”

The Blade Runner’s dark, danger*ous side – including his fascination with guns – is well-known to previous girlfriends. In fact, at the time of the shooting, a source says Pistorius was applying for seven gun permits, in*cluding one for a machine gun.

Marketing student and part-time model Samantha Taylor, who dated him last year, said Pistorius is “certain*ly not what people think he is.”

And her concerned mom Trish de*clared: “I’m so glad that Sammy is safe and sound and out of the clutches of that man. There were a few occasions where things could have gone wrong with her and his gun during the time they dated.”

Once, Samantha was at a celebrity event at a South African racetrack with coal mining millionaire Quinton van der Burgh when they were confronted by a jealous Pistorius, according to an*other source.

“Oscar was rabid with anger,” recalled the source. “Later he sent e-mails to van der Burgh, threatening to break his legs. He was initially ar*rested for the threats but later released.”

Samantha calls Pis*torius the “ultimate player,” meaning he is a cheater – and sources say he was two-timing her with a Russian model.

In September 2009, the short-fused athlete spent 17 hours in jail after being charged with common as*sault against college student Cassidy Taylor-Memmory. She alleged he had aggressively slammed a wooden door on her, injuring her leg, after they fought during a party at his house.

Earlier in 2009, Pistorius was admitted to the hospital with serious facial injuries following a speedboat ac*cident. It was reported at the time that police had found empty booze bottles on the boat, but his blood was never tested.

Said the source: “Oscar was a lot more screwed up than anyone realized at the time!”

Do you still have those LPs?
Sadly not, we moved house last year and I had been hanging on to a box of Lp's since back in the day, since we had everything on disc, I advertised the box for free collection. Imagine my horror when I found out that a Metallica lp I had in the box, was quite hard to come by. I literally wanted to umm, shoot myself! In the foot that is :p Ahh well, my taste in music has somewhat changed since my youth so hopefully the chap that collected the box gets to enjoy the Lp's.

Btw, Searching for Sugarman was very deserving of its Oscar IMO. It's a great film and its about time he is recognized. It's no exaggeration when they say he was legendary in SA.

Chat soon all, I'm out! :)

Hear, hear! It is quite invaluable, not simply because one assumes you have access to news media that is considerably closer to the story than papers such as the British-based and startlingly lowbrow Daily Mail, but also because by your very location you have a refreshingly different perspective on what people in the country are thinking about the case, for instance in how they see OP's semi-"survivalist" attitude towards firearms and defending his property.

Any and all opinion and editorial pieces in the more serious South African print press will be at least as valuable (and probably a great deal more so) than the spectacular "trial by media" that the UK press tries to run 4,000 miles away. Keep them coming!

I don't think anyone is in any doubt that this case has major political ramifications. Numerous articles have already pointed out how it has put South African society squarely in the frame along with the fallen icon Pistorius himself, and the involvement of the ANC and the ANCWL in the trial going forward will be something to keep an eye on.

Doubtless the dogs will soon be interviewed by the National Enquirer for their views on Oscar's mental health. He'd better hope he fed them regularly
. :) :)

That made me laugh out loud......imo, the National Enquirer write mostly trash, rarely do they get it right.

Why is supermarket level tabloid journalism being used as MSM now when discussing facts of the case? We now have a family member, as well as a member of the police who just in fact was in charge of the investigation never mention or infer she had head injuries beyond the bullet wound. In the IO's case, it would be a case of lying in court.

If this was truly the case, every major media outlet would be running with this story if true. The reason they are not is because whatever sources Daily mail has cannot be verified. Lets not get into the sensationalism that Fox News gets.

Thanks for this post. Everything I've read so far on this case, has no mentioned of the bat being used to smash her skull, only bullet wounds.

IMO, Daily Mail = National Enquirer

Facts and Evidence Support the Following:

After lengthy argument (with or without other assualt) likely ending up in bathroom, where Pist strikes Reeva's phone from her grasp; She escapes into toilet closet and locks door.

Pist trots to bedroom, gathers gun; returns to 'hearing sounds' of Reeva flushing or urinating into toilet; fires 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th bullets diagonally, targeting 2-3 feet above toilet seat, to strike Reeva’s head/ upper body, until her screaming stops.

A well-conceived, perfectly executed, execution.. demonstrating considerable decision-making and specific intent in those final moments.. including concocting the only scenario which provides the "excuse" of 'I couldn't see the person I decided to shoot to death.'

Consider the probability that the person in the bathroom next to your bedroom at 3 AM is your bed mate who's not within your sight at the moment ? (I'd say, about 99.9999%)

And considering that the subject home has sophisticated security system and is within a walled, gated, armed-guarded complex; 99.99999999999%.

By the forensics,facts, Pist own affidavit, witnesses and Pist history of jealous aggression and violent threats, Pist killing of Ms.Steenkamp is likely one of the most well-documented cases of cold-blooded murder in history. It would take a buffoon to rule the killing to be an ‘accident’. We’ll see how SA trial judge does.

I believe Pist crocodile tears are real - for himself.
He's very sorry that he '******ed up' HIS life.

If Pist also crushed Reeva’s skull, ‘reinstatement’ of jail/ revocation of bail, should occur immediately upon filing of the autopsy report.

(And Botha should be arrested and charged with perjury, obstruction and conspiracy/ accessory to murder.)

http://www.bellenews.com/2013/02/24...ll-with-a-cricket-bat-police-told-her-family/

Interesting.... JSEarthlink, who is the author of the stuff above, in a comment (apparently the ONLY comment) below the Bellenews article, has also seen fit to add something under the pseudonym of MNJustice on YouTube, here, on a site put up by somebody called CreationvsAtheist, and among the videos offered are one that tells us Pope Benedict is being drugged and held captive in Rome (???WTF???):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPsKfbeA_M

Text goes a little like this...

Consider the probability that the person in the bathroom next to your bedroom at 3 AM is your bed mate who's not within your sight at the moment ? (I'd say, about 99.9999%)
And considering that the subject home has sophisticated security system and is within a walled, gated, armed-guarded complex; 99.99999999999%.
If Pist also crushed Reeva’s skull, ‘reinstatement’ of jail/ revocation of bail, should occur immediately upon filing of the autopsy report.
+ obstruction, conspiracy for Botha

This chap gets around, at least. But the Bellenews article offers nothing that indicates it isn't culled directly from the same initial Daily Mail effort. They merely did not have the good grace or politeness to acknowledge where they stole it from.

This isn't helping me to believe in this cricket bat story.

I don't know anyone who believes his story.

Okay, a VERY UNSCIENTIFIC POLL.[don't say I didn't tell you]:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/23/oscar-pistorius-you-be-the-judge/

The public votes on OP's guilt or innocence.

I wish someone would do a poll and include: "Waiting to hear all the evidence before deciding guilt or innocence. (and by that, I mean premeditated murder)

The only thing I'm certain of so far, is that he shot and killed Reeva and her family is in mourning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member