General Discussion Thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to clarify that I do think theres a difference between a relationship of convenience and a budding model on a companionship contract. At the end of the day, none of us knows how OP feels about himself inside. All we can do is guess. But regardless, the facts of the case never change; shes dead and he killed her. My guess is that he shot her because he wasnt able to control her as well as he believed he had a right to based on the nature of an arrangment. However, I also think he's paranoid and crazy enough to shoot up a bathroom when a guest is in the house. Basically, Id make a bad jurist for this case.

Has it been discussed or does anyone know if there was a panic alarm (silent or otherwise) in OP's home? It seems to be a very dangerous place to live from what I've read here, with armed security, electrified fencing--so why wouldn't you have a panic alarm in every room?

ok. sorry.
somehow I would think there was something like that to the security people right there.
good point.

Yes, we ought to be able to sleuth. If we have to wait until the trial is held, then we would have little to mull over on these boards. In many cases we speculate upon, he body has never been found, the trail is ice-cold, and we've nothing but second-hand reports. None of us have any power over the outcome of this case. So we do no harm to speculate ourselves silly--which often we do.

EXACTLY. It's harmless fun. Unlike taking my gun and obliterating my bathroom door.

What Ms Taylor Went Through With Oscar

Soemhow some here say that OP's ex-gf Samantha Taylor's quote, "Oscar is certainly not what people think he is" referred to his womanizing.

And I thought it is obvious that something far more sinister was meant. I also thought it was clear she was threatened to be silent, that after saying she was going to tell all, her lawyer stepped in to ensure nothing from her was promulgated.

So here I gathered some quotes from Ms. Taylor's parents who it seems were told by their daughter of the real nature of Oscar.

Ms. Taylor's father:“I have no sympathy for Oscar. I am just glad that my daughter is safe and that she got out of the relationship in time,” Henry Taylor was quoted in Beeld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...rt-appearance-article-1.1265226#ixzz2MAW71InV

Ms. Taylor's mother
"Trish Taylor, mother of Samantha Taylor, wrote on Facebook: ‘I’m so glad Sammy is safe and out of the clutches of that man."http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...-superstar-told-women-life.html#ixzz2MAWHOhvG

Again I think it's obvious OP was abusive one way or another to Ms Taylor. I would wager because he is a national icon, his gfs tolerated much more than they otherwise would have.

This will all come out at the trial.

As a psychologist, i am always looking for motives so as to explain consequent behaviour.

I would be interested to know everyone's gut feeling about OP's motive/s for killing Reeva - a woman who was beautiful inside and out and whom he claimed to have loved on Valentine's Day - the day for lovers to celebrate their love.

His motive was, "I thought she was an intruder"

How many of you really believe in that motive?

If not, what other motive/s could he have had?

Just use your gut feeling - it does not have to be backed up by newspaper reports or supposed evidence at the bail hearing.

This forum is called "websleuths". "Sleuthing" means "speculating" using your gut feelings. So you are actually allowed to speculate here without having to give a link.

I don't really think he had a motive per se. I think the killing was more about OP's own issues. I think he had a temper & was controlling towards women. I think he failed to win the 100 at the Paralympics - a race which he acted like was going to be his & is also the "glamour" race in track. I think that coming in second on that really weighed on him. I think he was possibly in a period in his training where he was off steroids but compensating for that with the herbal supplement. I think he didn't sleep well. I think he was not eating right & was instead relying on a diet of caffeine as well as consuming alcohol. I think he felt some pressure on his romantic relationship due to the Valentine's Day timing - especially if this was truly the first time Reeva had stayed overnight. I think he MAY have had issues with sexual performance (the herbal supplement is marketed as a treatment for "male weakness"). I think a failure in that department plus possibly Reeva getting a FB message from her handsome, able bodied Rugby (the game OP originally hoped to succeed in until an injury forced him to take up running instead) star ex set off a jealous fight that escalated out of control. So I think this killing is all about OP and has virtually nothing to do with Reeva herself.

And before people go off on me about it - I know there is no evidence that OP used steroids. However it is my personal belief (based on everything I read) that athletes - especially in track - almost always use some form of steroids. New forms are constantly being invented to stay one step ahead of testing and banning. Just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't a form of steroid and it would have the same effect on a person. Especially if the athlete had a pattern of using the substance while training and then going off it for races so it wouldn't be detected and then going back on again after the races. That kind of yo-yoing is very common in athletes and can lead to a very precarious mental state.

Another article covering a number of SA & OP issues: guns in SA, OP's relationship with his father, etc.

Interestingly, although not relevant, OP's father shot himself in the testicles while cleaning his gun.

I haven't read the whole article until I get home:

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2013-02-22-00-pistorius-south-africa-bears-and-breeds-these-men

Pistorius told the UK's Guardian in a 2011 interview that his father "wasn't around much when we grew up. I saw him seldom – and it's the same now. He lives and works very far from me, on a dolomite mine."

The 26-year-old athlete described his father to the Guardian as "a cool guy but he's more of a mate. He's not much of a parent. It's just life."

Pistorius and his father seem to share a fascination with guns. According to a recent Beeld report, Henke also kept several guns and once, infamously, shot himself in the testicles while cleaning one of them.

Paranoia, gun obsession and a lack of male role models are just some of the factors that appear to coalesce in Pistorius. These factors are also burnished in the institutions where junior sportspeople are made – their schools. Most South African international sportspeople in codes like athletics, rugby and cricket emerge from single-sex schools like Grey College, Bishops and Selborne College. In this case, the school is Pretoria Boys High, where, like others of its ilk, patriarchy and misogyny seem to be entrenched through "traditions", rituals and institutional DNA.

END QUOTE

Sheesh. There seems to be an abnormally high incidence of guns going off accidentally in that family. At the very least it shows a recklessness and lack of common sense care for themselves and those around them.

No! I think you may be a bit unreasonable here.

It says, "It was while she was kicking the doors that Pistorius allegedly opened the door and told her to leave his house. When he closed the door on her, one of the door panels allegedly hit her on the leg ... she sustained bruises,” said Sergeant Marinda Stoltz"

Translation into reality: Instead of this ludicrous claim that while he was slamming the door on her, it miraculously and on its own started to either disintegrate or to act on its own.

Some of us can read between the lines... money and power...

Added: Please consider even the arresting officers on scene. No cop would want to arrest the nation's #2 icon--and with his money and power...unless it was conclusive.

Later on, all sorts of machinations are possible.

I think this is interesting. Especially because I always thought that it stood out that OP stated that he yelled, "Get out of my house" to the "intruder". I thought that was somewhat odd & it occurred to me that he put that in his statement because that is what he actually DID yell - to Reeva in the middle of their fight. I thought maybe he realized that the neighbors must have/might have heard that so he twisted it and gave it a different spin in his statement.

It's interesting that we have another incident here where OP is reported as saying almost the exact same thing to another woman.

It's enough to make you think at least...:waitasec:

Iteresting take.

I think each one benefitted from being seen with the other. She more than he, obviously.

Mr Myers' statement indicates he immediately became infatuated with her which was not mutual.
He may have fantasized that she was "the one."
That night iirc they had alcohol, and I think alcohol and caffeine may affect his behavior/emotions. His bail precludes alcohol.

He was in a hyperemotional state when he saw some message from another suitor to her or from her to him. It may have included negative things about him (OP). He was fueled with rage and verbally gave her hell. End result prob was she told him it was over and wanted to leave. He may have prevented that, he may have implored her to take him back. She should have maybe said yes to live and fight another day. I think he is the kind of jealous monster that feels "if I can't have you, no one will" and struck her. Once that happened, and she was injured, killing the witness is all that was in his mind.

His affidavit claims are all absurd cover-ups, etc.
It fits premeditation according to SA law.

Since she had no other injuries she obviously wasn't assaulted. So your theory is wrong.

And in any case, the idea that someone would murder to cover up a minor assault is somewhat improbable.

If this was her first overnighter, it is plausible that he woke up to noises in the bathroom and basically forgot that she was there. If he was paranoid about home invasions that would be a possibility.

I think this is interesting. Especially because I always thought that it stood out that OP stated that he yelled, "Get out of my house" to the "intruder". I thought that was somewhat odd & it occurred to me that he put that in his statement because that is what he actually DID yell - to Reeva in the middle of their fight. I thought maybe he realized that the neighbors must have/might have heard that so he twisted it and gave it a different spin in his statement.

It's interesting that we have another incident here where OP is reported as saying almost the exact same thing to another woman.

If he was yelling at her to get out she would have left and there would be no shooting.
And even if she was reluctant, there would be no reason to shoot her.

So, I dont think that argument works.

As for the other woman, remember that this was a claim she was making after the shooting, so that might influence the accuracy of her account.

I think you are right he actually says he screamed " get of my house".Then later on after realising that he shot Reeva he says " I opened the sliding doors ( no great details here about opening the curtains again, then the blinds then the sliding doors ) and screamed for help from the balcony" This was probably what the neighbours heard poor Reeva screaming for help, but he can always say that must have been me. Seems his affidavit has been well researched and planned so as to cover all avenues.

If this was her first overnighter, it is plausible that he woke up to noises in the bathroom and basically forgot that she was there. If he was paranoid about home invasions that would be a possibility.

I might buy that if he'd said he reacted on waking suddenly, but by his account he didn't. He had been out on to the balcony and fiddled about with fans, blinds and curtains which in my experience would be enough to disturb that "still half-asleep" kind of consciousness. If he was compos mentis enough to be worrying about the position of a fan, then I can't believe he forgot his girlfriend was there.

Not sure, but I don't think it was the first time she had stayed - I think I've seen somewhere that she'd stayed there the previous night too,

I think you are right he actually says he screamed " get of my house".Then later on after realising that he shot Reeva he says " I opened the sliding doors ( no great details here about opening the curtains again, then the blinds then the sliding doors ) and screamed for help from the balcony" This was probably what the neighbours heard poor Reeva screaming for help, but he can always say that must have been me. Seems his affidavit has been well researched and planned so as to cover all avenues.

Yes, I thought exactly the same about the "screaming for help". Why waste time screaming randomly from a balcony when you can telephone for help to specific people who are equipped to help, which is what he did anyway?

Since she had no other injuries she obviously wasn't assaulted. So your theory is wrong.

And in any case, the idea that someone would murder to cover up a minor assault is somewhat improbable.

No, as the last few pages indicate, many of us go with the numerous reports that the back of her head had a skull fracture from a bat strike.

Has it been discussed or does anyone know if there was a panic alarm (silent or otherwise) in OP's home? It seems to be a very dangerous place to live from what I've read here, with armed security, electrified fencing--so why wouldn't you have a panic alarm in every room?

I live in the UK and I have a panic button in my bedroom. I am also able to set and unset my alarm from my bedroom. I live in a low crime area and I certainly don't know of anyone around here that has been attacked in their home.

Surely if OP was that concerned with break ins/attacks, then he would have similar??

Mind you if I was as worried as OP claims to be, I also wouldn't have slept with the windows, patio doors open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member