General Discussion Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at these different statements

IMO these statements demonstrate that OP actually did not want to spend this evening with Reeva.

[Isn't there a different between "evening" and "night"? Sorry, but I'm not so familiar with English language :blushing:]

Did Reeva just want quickly bring her Valentine's gift and then go away again?

After all, OP apparently had left a party with friends, to meet with Reeva.
- For what?
- For how long?

Did OP want to return to the party as soon as possible?

Possible his friends called and asked: "What took you so long?"

Yes, strange, for he was very security conscious of the car of his friend, who wanted to visit him that night.

It seems OP wanted to avoid at all costs that Graham visited him.

But why he not said: "Sorry, but Reeva is there and we want to spend the evening/night together - let us meet another day"?

Once more: Did OP want to return to the party as soon as possible?

And was that the reason for the argument?

Only my thoughts: Reeva canceled her appointment with Samantha because she wanted to spend some hours (but not the whole night) with OP but he ignored her - phoned with several friends - and right afterwards he wanted to leave her to return to the party with his friends.

An estate agent who attended a party with Pistorius on the evening of Feb 13 — hours before the shooting said he was “delightful, charming and happy”. Valerie Berkow-Kaye said: “We were all mesmerised by such a smiley, delightful person. He certainly wasn’t planning a murder on Wednesday afternoon.”

Valerie tweeted:

valerie.berkowkaye - February 14, 2013 at 21:46
Oscar Pistorius was at Firzt Realty Company's 10th Birthday Party yesterday afternoon. He delighted all of us with his interesting childhood stories and was most charming and personable. It is clearly a very tragic accident.

http://www.news24.com/Multimedia/South-Africa/Oscar-arrest-makes-world-headlines-20130214

Justin Divaris gave us the impression that they had had a late lunch together, he had invited OP to join him and another friend to have a boy's night out and that OP was in Divaris showroom.

I wonder why OP's presence at Firzt Realty Company's 10th Birthday Party the afternoon of the 13th was not mentioned.

It does make sense that OP might have wanted to go back there to this party later or to be with the "boys" that night, he may have had a few drinks in him and Reeva just wanted to "surprise" him with her Valentine's gift as she had tweeted previously.

But why was he the one to phone Reeva that night if he was so reluctant but he lied and said she phoned him? Did OP do this just to appease hie friends? I have often thought lately that they might have just broken up and the friends encouraged OP to resolve it that night.

It does seem that there has not been full disclosure on these statements and that all witnesses for the first bail hearing were asked to give the impression that OP and Reeva were madly in love. Perhaps DT was hoping that it would be viewed as a "crime of passion". I also thought it interesting that Francois Hougaard is not going to be a witness at the trial. Obviously, Reeva and he had not been in contact so he had nothing to add.

I still think that Warren Lahoud knows something that he has been told not to disclose until the trial.

My goodness the comments I have heard so far by the live TV commentators appear to be IMO biased apologists in OP's favour.

Pistorius stated that he had not seen the charges but it has been confirmed that his Defence Team has had them for 2-3 days. Nothing read in court. Now the charges have been officially made will the public get to hear them all?

Barry Bateman
# OscarPistorius the eight page indictment contains the names of 107 witnesses the state might call to prove its case.

# OscarPistorius faces two charges - murder and contravention of the Firearms Control Act.

Look at https://twitter.com/lenajakat/pistorius - for more information regarding the indictment

Barry Bateman
@ Shimmerella there no such charge as "premeditated murder". It's murder, but state will argue it's premed and invoke min sentence provisions

David Smith
The indictment accuses #Pistorius of murder and contravention of section 90 of the firearms control act.

contravention of section 90 of the firearms control act. = Prohibition of possession of ammunition
http://www.info.gov.za/view/DownloadFileAction?id=68229

Johannes Myburgh
107 witnesses for # OscarPistorius trial. No new charges (discharging gun in public) despite reports

Are you satisfied with the indictment? Not me!

It seems prosecutors may have bitten off more than they can chew.

I suspect nothing good for the trial next year.....

Wow, uncle Arnold and sister Aimee are at prosecutors witness list. Probably because they were at the crime scene very quickly.

Hope, prosecutors will grill them :maddening:

Are you satisfied with the indictment? Not me!

It seems prosecutors may have bitten off more than they can chew.

I suspect nothing good for the trial next year.....

I must say that I am surprised that you are not happy withe the indictment and also that you think that the Prosecutors have bitten off more than they can chew.

Why do you think that, Pisto-lius?

Wow, uncle Arnold and sister Aimee are at prosecutors witness list. Probably because they were at the crime scene very quickly.

Hope, prosecutors will grill them :maddening:

I was shocked at their names appearing too. I wonder if they said something which incriminates OP or that they lied.

Guess who else is on the state's list? Erin Stear!

My goodness the comments I have heard so far by the live TV commentators appear to be IMO biased apologists in OP's favour.

I was surprised by this one too:

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 19m
#OscarPistorius A friend of #Reeva Steenkamp refused to comment, saying she doesn't want to appear as taking sides. SS

On twitter, #Reeva Steenkamp is trending in South Africa as no 1 whereas #Oscar Pistorius is No 4 right now.

His brother Carl later tweeted a photograph of Pistorius and Ms Steenkamp, adding: "Remembered like yesterday. My life was impacted by u @reevasteenkamp & the lady u were! Always close to our hearts."

When Carl, Aimee and Oscar held hands in court and prayed, I am afraid I do not like the hypocrisy of people using their religion like that.

"Thou shall not kill"

Taken from twitter:-

"Some of the state witnesses heard a woman scream, followed by moments of silence, then heard gunshots and then more screaming."

How on earth does his affidavit stand up if "some" not one witnesses heard screaming, silence, gunshots and more screaming. I am sure the PT must be feeling a little more confident.

I find the huddled prayers in front of the TV cameras out of place and no doubt for public consumption. Call me a cynic. Maybe this is because I am not religious but it seemed inappropriate in a court room, to me. Is this normal behaviour in a court, I genuinely do not know.

I must say that I am surprised that you are not happy withe the indictment and also that you think that the Prosecutors have bitten off more than they can chew.

Why do you think that, Pisto-lius?

Because

* nothing has changed since the BH - murder and prohibition of possession of ammunition

* bail conditions remain same - he's still free

*no new charges (discharging gun in public) despite reports

And Oscar cries on demand.... He (and his holy family) always reading the bible but don't know the sixth commandment from the King James Version: "Thou shalt not kill."..... bigot liars.....

weather witness

karyn maughan ‏@karynmaughan 58m
state also intends a witness from the sa weather services - potentially to testify about conditions as time of shooting, what could be heard

Taken from twitter:-

"Some of the state witnesses heard a woman scream, followed by moments of silence, then heard gunshots and then more screaming."

How on earth does his affidavit stand up if "some" not one witnesses heard screaming, silence, gunshots and more screaming. I am sure the PT must be feeling a little more confident.

I find the huddled prayers in front of the TV cameras out of place and no doubt for public consumption. Call me a cynic. Maybe this is because I am not religious but it seemed inappropriate in a court room, to me. Is this normal behaviour in a court, I genuinely do not know.

Yes, as I've said, the most damning thing in re to PM charge, is the 17 minute gap between the 2 sets of shots. Along with the scream here etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487