General Discussion Thread No. 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised, very. It was David & Fiona Payne that failed to show. Fiona was close to Kate and stayed behind in PDL after 3 May to see her through. However, the PJ are not interested in naming these two as arguidos, so they may have separated themselves from the pack. Not much suspicion ever rested on them anyway. They did not check on the children and did not give copious acc'ts of what happened that night. But for them not to attend the service?! I'm stunned, rocked, knocked flat.

Thank you for finding that out Tuba, I have been trawling the Mirror forums to no avail.
It is very strange that the Paynes did not attend but I have to say that I am not at all surprised that it was them.
One thing why do you say that the PJ are not interested in these two, when it was reported that David Payne was to be named a suspect? That did surprise me as I never felt that he was very much involved.
I also found it very strange from the beginning that Mrs Paynes mother stayed at the table when the alarm was raised, it almost seemed as if she knew there was no rush otherwise it would have seemed insensitive.
Most peculiar that the Paynes do not consider themselves as friends when as you say the ladies were close & they remained in PDL to lend support!

I won't be traveling to Portugal and for that reason I wouldn't think of writing about this tragedy. Anyone who does a good job of documenting Madeleine's story should have on the ground knowledge, don't you agree? I appreciate all of the discoveries and research that others on our forum do. We all seem to have the same passion to run the facts to earth. Things don't always sort out the way they should and secrecy laws or no secrecy laws, my strong feeling is that what has been selected for public view is not the most useful, telling and important information.

I agree Tuba! Goodness are you a writer?

I think that David Payne may be worried about his status, ditto Matthew Oldfield but I don't see what PJ could have on Payne that is specific to him and to his wife. Their attendance at the dinner is innocent enough. They could be co-conspirators but it would seem only in a passive sense as they did nothing and said very little. A lesser accusation would be withholding guilty knowledge of a crime. Maybe David Payne gave evasive answers to the PJ or equivocated and they want to actively provide information now in an effort to escape the taint on the group. I get the feeling that the couple dreads the police bearing down on them and the bad publicity and may want to pre-emptively offer some corrections to prior statements.

Thought I would post the link to this a thread on the Mirror Forums as a reminder of the Mccanns callousness in their pics, particularly coming out of the Church laughing on what should have been such a sad day; Madeleines birthday & plans for a celebrity concert on the anniversaries of Madeleines disappearance.

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25676&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The happy Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh.....7846502402

http://server6.theimagehosting.....fullsize=1

The "Elton John" article:http://www.express.co.uk/posts.....hole+world

"it won't be a one year anniversary, it will be sooner than that"!!!!!!!!

And Gerry McCann said it would be later in the year. It doesn't sound like he holds hope that Method 3 will produce his child as per the contract. It is all so fatalistic & I find it odd he doesn't hear that in his own words. If he says, "We have to accept that Madeleine is probably no longer among the living", the fund could not in good conscience continue to accept donations and receipts. But his other statements don't support hope Madeleine will come home. He needs to clean up his thinking on this; it is harming Madeleine's cause (and I don't mean the fund).

I am surprised, very. It was David & Fiona Payne that failed to show. Fiona was close to Kate and stayed behind in PDL after 3 May to see her through. However, the PJ are not interested in naming these two as arguidos, so they may have separated themselves from the pack. Not much suspicion ever rested on them anyway. They did not check on the children and did not give copious acc'ts of what happened that night. But for them not to attend the service?! I'm stunned, rocked, knocked flat.

I agree that for David and Fiona Payne to miss the 6-month service is very suspicious. Considering that they were such good friends with the McCanns that stayed in Portugal for a long time after May 3 makes it doubly so.

The Paynes were the only couple who didn't get up to look after children that night at the Tapas bar. IIRC, they brought a baby-phone device with them from the UK and used it with their children. Except for Fiona's claims of seeing Robert Murat on the night of the 3rd near the apartments and David's story about seeing Madeleine before bed, they apparently have no involvement in the case. Could it be Fiona was "influenced" to say she saw RM or David to falsely corroborate a timeline?

Thought I would post the link to this a thread on the Mirror Forums as a reminder of the Mccanns callousness in their pics, particularly coming out of the Church laughing on what should have been such a sad day; Madeleines birthday & plans for a celebrity concert on the anniversaries of Madeleines disappearance.

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25676&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The happy Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh.....7846502402

http://server6.theimagehosting.....fullsize=1

The "Elton John" article:http://www.express.co.uk/posts.....hole+world

"it won't be a one year anniversary, it will be sooner than that"!!!!!!!!

Are you seriously downing the parents for laughing and smiling after leaving church? If so that blows my mind.

McCanns' Friends 'Won't Change Stories'

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1291942,00.html

Spanish newspaper El Mundo said that lawyers of the unnamed pair had contacted Portuguese detectives to offer new information about four-year-old Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

This report is simply untrue.

Kate and Gerry's friends, who were with them on May 3, have consistently told the truth and remain happy, indeed they are keen, to be reinterviewed."

McCanns' Friends 'Won't Change Stories'

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1291942,00.html

Spanish newspaper El Mundo said that lawyers of the unnamed pair had contacted Portuguese detectives to offer new information about four-year-old Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

This report is simply untrue.

Kate and Gerry's friends, who were with them on May 3, have consistently told the truth and remain happy, indeed they are keen, to be reinterviewed."

And Clarence Mitchell said that. lol

Why are the Tapas Seven so afraid of the McCanns? What kind of pressures can Gerry's gang exert upon them?

These articles make it sound like the McCanns and retinue are the Brit version of the Sopranos.

"These two members of the group have asked for their identities to be kept secret because they fear that as a result of the 'clarifications' they intend making about what happened the night Madeleine disappeared, they may be pressured by people linked to the McCann family."

Yes lol - the Mccanns are a leading mafiosa - Don Gerry has put out the word that every body stays stoom - capicho ?

seriously though - it does tend to get to the absurd that Clarence and his people could intimadate anybody - This is serious business involving the dissapearance of a young girl - I think that the other Tapas people do probably understand that - I doubt that they would have lied and kept their lie going all this time - just because the Mccanns said so -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=492394&in_page_id=1773

".....
While Sir Paul has remained silent, Miss Mills has received support from the family of Madeleine McCann.

Fiona Phillips said the program had received an email in praise of the campaigner from Susan Healey, the grandmother of the missing toddler.
The note praised Miss Mills for speaking out and thanking her for supporting Kate and Gerry.

Miss Mills, who denied comparing herself to Kate McCann, said: "I can't imagine what they're going through, and that's really, really kind of them. I would never compare myself to them in that situation, nobody can ever imagine what they're going through.
"One day, when they can have the freedom to tell their story, then I'm sure that will be very cathartic for them as well."
....."

Maybe she thinks Heather will give them some of Pauls millions!

seriously though - it does tend to get to the absurd that Clarence and his people could intimadate anybody - This is serious business involving the dissapearance of a young girl - I think that the other Tapas people do probably understand that - I doubt that they would have lied and kept their lie going all this time - just because the Mccanns said so -

There seem to be inconsistencies in their testimonies and that's why they are being re-interviewed. Sounds like someone is lying.

There seem to be inconsistencies in their testimonies and that's why they are being re-interviewed. Sounds like someone is lying.
There are bound to be inconsistencies. It doesn't mean they were lying.
Everyone would have been panicking so their times wouldn't be the same to the minute.
That would be impossible.
Ask witnesses to descibe a criminal and they would probably all be different.

Everyone would have been panicking so their times wouldn't be the same to the minute.

Well, e.g. I would have expected Matthew Oldfield at least to remember which he did - Listen at the door or go into the apartment & look at the children! I would say one of those is a deliberate lie.

what must be frustrating to every one is that we are 7 months down the line - nothing has happened and the PJ have not even cleared up these inconsistencies ( whatever they might be )

I just cant understand why the original PJ didnt nail down everyones story the first time round - get a reconstruction done - get everyones alibi checked there and then - it is basic police work - start from the inside out - clarify what you do know - check and double check and then move on .

Well, e.g. I would have expected Matthew Oldfield at least to remember which he did - Listen at the door or go into the apartment & look at the children! I would say one of those is a deliberate lie.

sorry to label the point Barnaby - but Oldfield has made his statement to the police - he hasnt spoken to the press full stop . we just dont know with any certainty what his story was - everything else is based on reports we read in the press

what must be frustrating to every one is that we are 7 months down the line - nothing has happened and the PJ have not even cleared up these inconsistencies ( whatever they might be )

I just cant understand why the original PJ didnt nail down everyones story the first time round - get a reconstruction done - get everyones alibi checked there and then - it is basic police work - start from the inside out - clarify what you do know - check and double check and then move on .
I agree. Basic police work that didn't happen. And thats the reason for all the misleading leaks from the PJ smearing the McCanns. The PJs union man is still doing it too. All done to deflect from their own failings. IMO

If only to help themselves in their investigation, they should have tape recorded their interviews with all witnesses. The PJ has admitted in print that this was not done. But it seems SO basic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member