Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JerseyGirl said:
I clicked on the picture I first saw when I got to the site. It's a guy by the name of Tyrone Lacour. Apparently he's on the "ten most wanted" list for 1st degree murder of a man that was found in his own home on November 23, 2004. Lacour also has warrants for "obtaining property by false pretenses", "forgery", and "uttering".

First of all, what on Earth is uttering?

Second of all, while I'm sure that this guy must be FAR from Durham at this point, his criminal history combined with the murder of a man in that man's own home really made me curious. The victim's name is Dennis Wayne Rowe, and his address was in the 400 block of West Maynard Avenue. I have no idea where that is in relation to Janet's house, and I doubt VERY seriously that this same man would be responsible for Janet's murder 6 months later but you never know. I don't know how long this guy's been on the lam, (he's probably long gone by now), but I also don't know when it was realized that he was the suspect or when the warrant was issued.

ETA: For the sake of curiosity, I will check this out a bit in the morning. (Too tired to do it right now.)
Hmm, Tyrone sounds worth checking out.

Uttering defined by Merriam-Webster
3 : to put (as currency) into circulation; specifically : to circulate (as a counterfeit note) as if legal or genuine <utter false tokens>

Still a term I've never heard.

Thanks, newkid. I was going to run it through my dictionary but I was too busy playing with the features at the Durham LE site.

I've noticed that from January to March of this year, there were several crimes, (minimum of 2 a month, I believe), within 1/2 mile of the Abaroa's home, including rape, assault, and burglaries. While one or two a month might not seem like a lot, to be within 1/2 mile, (and on blocks directly surrounding the Abaroa residence), it's something to be considered. Go to the Durham police web site, and see for yourself where these crimes have occured. I will do some more checking tomorrow, and maybe plot them with the satellite images. For now, I am on my way to bed. Have a good night everyone. :)

I was just thinking on something as I reread the search warrent. One of the items mentioned to be taken is a general "computer files." Since computer files are pretty much stored on the hard drive, does this general description cover any and all computer hard drives they might locate in their search? If so, they may well have computer(s), including PDA.

JerseyGirl said:
I agree completely. I think that the possibility of suicide in Janet's case is non-existent. Especially considering how she was found.
Not to mention where is the knife she would have stabbed herself with? It would have been laying by her side.....no need to take the knife block from the kitchen!!!!

ewwwinteresting said:
Not to mention where is the knife she would have stabbed herself with? It would have been laying by her side.....no need to take the knife block from the kitchen!!!!

All true, which is why it doesn't make sense. But the aspect of complete uninvolvement by press and what not sure make it seem like it wasn't murder. But it was, so what gives I wonder.

ewwwinteresting said:
Yes, I guess that would make sense. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

newkid said:
Hmm, Tyrone sounds worth checking out.

Uttering defined by Merriam-Webster
3 : to put (as currency) into circulation; specifically : to circulate (as a counterfeit note) as if legal or genuine <utter false tokens>

Still a term I've never heard.
If this is even a remote possibility, how could LE say the public has no need to fear????

LvsAMystry said:
I was just thinking on something as I reread the search warrent. One of the items mentioned to be taken is a general "computer files." Since computer files are pretty much stored on the hard drive, does this general description cover any and all computer hard drives they might locate in their search? If so, they may well have computer(s), including PDA.
Were computer files on the list of items they were allowed to remove or on the list of the actual items removed? If I remember right, I believe it was on the former.....????

ewwwinteresting said:
Were computer files on the list of items they were allowed to remove or on the list of the actual items removed? If I remember right, I believe it was on the former.....????
It did say that "files" were removed but I can't remember from where. I assumed it to mean file folders or something like that.

:laugh:
JerseyGirl said:
Yes, I guess that would make sense. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
This case has most likely produced the most :doh: and :behindbar and :banghead: then any other :)

JerseyGirl said:
It did say that "files" were removed but I can't remember from where. I assumed it to mean file folders or something like that.
Yes, I remember file folders being removed also but think I remember computer files being listed of items wanted and not an actual item that was removed.

Here is a link to view Cohnwood Drive. The red dot is on Cohnwood Drive, the street where the burglary happened in March. Notice the Abaroa's house to the right. I'll check out some of the other recent crimes/locations tomorrow.

Microsoft TerraServer Imagery

ewwwinteresting said:
Yes, I remember file folders being removed also but think I remember computer files being listed of items wanted and not an actual item that was removed.

But there are pages missing, correct?

ewwwinteresting said:
:laugh:
This case has most likely produced the most :doh: and :behindbar and :banghead: then any other :)
SO true!!! Thanks for laughing with me, and not thinking me a total moron!!! :)

JerseyGirl said:
I've noticed that from January to March of this year, there were several crimes, (minimum of 2 a month, I believe), within 1/2 mile of the Abaroa's home, including rape, assault, and burglaries. While one or two a month might not seem like a lot, to be within 1/2 mile, (and on blocks directly surrounding the Abaroa residence), it's something to be considered. Go to the Durham police web site, and see for yourself where these crimes have occured. I will do some more checking tomorrow, and maybe plot them with the satellite images. For now, I am on my way to bed. Have a good night everyone. :)
If we were talking about my house, I would say that 2 crimes a month within a 1/2 mile is a lot, especially since that is supposed to be a slower time for crime. Thanks for checking that out.

hoppyfrog said:
I see your point, yet how many people commit suicide by violently stabbing themselves? That's why suicide doesn't make sense to me in this case. Besides that, if it was suicide by self-stabbing, wouldn't LE be able to see that immediately at the scene? In that case, the whole situation wouldn't have even made the news.

Hoppy
...i agree...if cause of death was by suicide, the knife would have been found in her hand........or very close by...and LE would have mentioned the possiblility as COD..rather than their out and out "not random" homicide...

..also i don't think the knife was ever found was it ? and yes, you're right, suicides don't "make the news".....even the obituaries i've read , when i've known of the circumstance.....it's very ambiguous...'died tragically at home'....

...what we've read of janet......if she were to commit suicide, ( and i don't believe that's the case)......
..a). she'd make sure kaiden was not there at the time
..b). she'd leave a note...to raven...kaiden..her family...her church...

...none of which happened.....

...'Rooster' made some interseting comments tonight, ...(still playing catch-up on the threads..)..........the eurosport 'disgruntled employee' ...robberies/burglars on the police blotter.....going to read up on it all .............

Yeah, I think you're right that it is indicated as items wanted and the files taken could be paper files -- I think it states the files taken were from master bedroom and if it meant computer files it would have been from office and probably would have been more specific in terms of it being a computer hard drive. But, there could be things missing since the pages we see are checked off as supplemental. Hard to tell.

This is frustrating!

The key to me is the PDA charger. There has to be a reason why ONLY the charger is listed on the warrant.

Timex said:
The key to me is the PDA charger. There has to be a reason why ONLY the charger is listed on the warrant.
Exactly! As you stated before "Investigative 101" if there is a PDA charger, there is a PDA. I had originally asked if Raven volunteered computers, PDA, etc. to the police, would it still be on the search warrant? Maybe these items he volunteered to give up...or...maybe they are on the missing pages, if there are any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm