Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
terminatrixator said:
:waitasec:Did anyone catch the statements Raven made regarding Janet's son, Kaiden?

Was I the only person that thought the statement, "...He looks Good" was weird? Kaiden is a 10 month old baby, and the statement about he looks good, isn't something a parent would normally say about their child.:doh:
Gee, I think that's something taken from the Scott Peterson Guide to Narcissism, "glorious", isn't it????
blech! Yes, it's all wrong. Does it matter how he LOOKS??? I think not.

terminatrixator said:
Well, though he was scheduled for Friday, they thought they would pull a fast one, by sneaking it on the dockets today, it didn't work. Media is still interested in this case, and Raven looked HORRIBLE.

Of course, he now has 5 FELONY counts, NOT misdemeanors on his record. Guess the Computer/IT Field is out, because most IT Fields in companys do BACKGROUND checks. There's always being a salesman for some electronic gear, however I would think he wouldn't want to sell electronic ankle braceletts to the courts do you?
..........on the media link, raven pleads guilty to felony embezzlement) it does say that raven is now living, and working, in utah..........working, doing what ???anyone know ?

lauriej said:
..........on the media link, raven pleads guilty to felony embezzlement) it does say that raven is now living, and working, in utah..........working, doing what ???anyone know ?
Yes, I heard that. He's gotta be working at some job where they don't care if their employee is a felon. Any ideas of companies....besides Enron?

JerseyGirl said:
Maybe s/he's already been questioned, and was advised to keep his or her "mouth shut" on the case.
JG, you may be on to something here. Maybe all of raven's family and friends have been told not to talk due to the fact that something may be said to point the finger at raven. Wow, I never really thought of the idea they may all be protecting raven. Hmmm....could any of you "hide" a murderer if you were family or a friend?

ewwwinteresting said:
Yes, I heard that. He's gotta be working at some job where they don't care if their employee is a felon. Any ideas of companies....besides Enron?
........if he was working in utah prior to today, when he plead guilty................was he a felon before today ? when he landed whatever job it is that he has now ? ( curious as to how it works in the u.s....)

...of course he could be working for family out there, and i'm sure they wouldn't check....

http://www.herald-sun.com/orange/10-639249.html

Barber, unaware that Abaroa's wife was murdered in April and that the case is unsolved, questioned Abaroa about where he worked and why he had moved to Utah. Mack interrupted and told Barber that Abaroa's wife Janet had been murdered and that Abaroa returned to Utah to raise his son and be with his family.

Later, Barber asked Abaroa if there was a reason he stole the athletic shoes.

"No," Abaroa replied.

"What did you do with the money?" Barber asked.

"I repaired cars, paid bills," Abaroa said.

Still perplexed how Barber did NOT know that on April 26, 2005, Janet Abaroa and the baby she was carrying was brutally slain in the Durham home in which Raven and her lived.

I also seriously hope that Barber realized Janet was Murdered in APRIL, so conveniently, before the case was heard. I hope Barber realizes the 12-1/2 years in prison, being pled to 6 months served, with the 2 years probation, plus the paying back was DEFINITELY NOT ENOUGH for the lying thief and IMO possible double murderer.

I seriously hope Barber is doing this today:banghead::banghead::banghead:

terminatrixator said:
I seriously hope Barber is doing this today:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I don't think it's Barber's fault. The ADA KNEW and agreed to the plea deal. She was the one responsible for giving any pertinent info to the judge.

Hi all - just noticed, with all the comparisons of our favorite bird to SP, the reporter for the News-Observer's last name is Rocha.

Just an interesting coincidence...

On a separate note, I was reading one of GM's posts from earlier today. That is an interesting point about the block of knives being taken. Was one specific knife missing? Hmmm...

Moxie said:
On a separate note, I was reading one of GM's posts from earlier today. That is an interesting point about the block of knives being taken. Was one specific knife missing? Hmmm...

I just find it very interesting that knives were specified in the search warrant and seized from the house considering Janet was stabbed. There has to be a reason and ... I wonder ... we've only heard of one item missing from the home, the missing laptop.

Could there have been a knife or knives missing from the block or from Raven's "I collect knives" collection?

That's right he "collects knives" though I see knives in the warrant, but those sounds like kitchen knives. What about Raven's collection of knives? Did the police get to look through them? Where's his buck knife that he splashed around during the Christmas Video?

terminatrixator said:
That's right he "collects knives" though I see knives in the warrant, but those sounds like kitchen knives. What about Raven's collection of knives? Did the police get to look through them? Where's his buck knife that he splashed around during the Christmas Video?

Maybe that is the knife that is missing???

golfmom said:
I don't think it's Barber's fault. The ADA KNEW and agreed to the plea deal. She was the one responsible for giving any pertinent info to the judge.
I agree, this ADA missed the boat on this case. Talk about an easy case to go to trial on and win! For her to plead down 12 1/2 years to no jail time is outrageous! Very glad I am not an employer in Orange County.

terminatrixator said:
I did my best to read the search warrent tonight and it said they took a "Bear Claw" knife from the vehicle I think. (It was very hard to read)

What about Raven's knife collection. There is no mention of other knives that I saw... the website was little funky tonight and some of the details were covered up my a misplaced add.

ewwwinteresting said:
JG, you may be on to something here. Maybe all of raven's family and friends have been told not to talk due to the fact that something may be said to point the finger at raven. Wow, I never really thought of the idea they may all be protecting raven. Hmmm....could any of you "hide" a murderer if you were family or a friend?
I was thinking more along the lines of LE telling him not to talk about the case. But your idea is very interesting. If I'm being honest, and it was my family member, I don't know how I would behave. If it was my child, I certainly wouldn't help them hide any evidence but I believe that I would not do anything to point the finger at them either.

I love the new lingo--working as a salesman for a mobile phone contractor. Dude, you sell phones at a kiosk in the mall.

golfmom said:
I just find it very interesting that knives were specified in the search warrant and seized from the house considering Janet was stabbed. There has to be a reason and ... I wonder ... we've only heard of one item missing from the home, the missing laptop.

Could there have been a knife or knives missing from the block or from Raven's "I collect knives" collection?
I've always thought that with Raven's collection of knives, would LE even have known if one was missing, except from Raven's own words? Probably not. IMO, even if Raven is the perp, he had no reason to take a knife from the kitchen. He could have used one from his collection, (probably not a cherished one - that would be too hard for him to part with), and then tossed it without anyone being the wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm