Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenifred said:
I can't tell if I am agreeing with you, JG, or disagreeing. You be the judge.

I think they are trying to get Raven nervous. If there is another person--an acomplice--that's involved in this, then maybe LE is trying to get Raven to communicate with them. If they get Raven or the accomplice anxious by publishing these kinds of stories, it's like putting wrapped presents out before Christmas, eventually you know an excited child is going to peek. And I think that's what Raven/accomplice is going to do--crack and foul up.

I'd also be interested in comparing this to Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. Has Raven been feeling good lately? Running any fevers?
Interesting, I'd like to know this too.

Where is Raven right now.. and does he have Kaiden with him?

L L & S said:
Where is Raven right now.. and does he have Kaiden with him?
I'd like to know this too. Was he the kind of father who actively took part in the care of Kaiden ? Or has he found someone to do that for him ?

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=3358729

"Police won't talk about what they've found so far, but they say they're not ruling anyone out as a potential suspect. Raven Abaroa no longer lives at the home where his wife died. The landlord says Abaroa moved out a few weeks after the discovery of her body. "

I wish that they'd take a moment and identify potential suspects. As it stands now, everyone's still a suspect.

I don't think it had anything to do with burglary, the person that did this, knew Janet, it was a personal murder, and a brutal murder, and I have only one thought at this time of who it was.

terminatrixator said:
I don't think it had anything to do with burglary, the person that did this, knew Janet, it was a personal murder, and a brutal murder, and I have only one thought at this time of who it was.

Well the way the article is written,
I'm a suspect,
you're a suspect,
wouldn't you like to be a suspect too ...
be a suspect ...

I've got to get my alibi straightened out.

Okay, this is really bugging me so please give me your comments.

We all remember "Rooster" who posted as if s/he was close to the family. Perhaps Rooster was just a fruit-loop or perhaps Rooster really is somehow "in the know".

Rooster posted that there was blood in/on the Durango because Raven had tried to save Janet when he found her.

We've also heard that Janet was found on her back, in a fetal position, and in a kneeling position. Reporters get things wrong but how could there be such differing accounts? Was Janet kneeling when Raven found her, and he moved her to try to save her? If so, wouldn't he notice that there was not a gunshot wound but rather two stab wounds, even if he didn't notice the one on her hand? And if there was enough blood to obscure the wounds, wouldn't he notice upon trying to save her that he was too late? In that case, why the claim to LE that his wife was upstairs "hurt"?

I think that it would be important for LE to find out who Rooster is, and find out what, if anything, s/he really does know. Because Rooster's account of Raven trying to save Janet just doesn't fit with the things that I've mentioned above. If Rooster hasn't been questioned yet, I think it might be a good idea. Don't get me wrong - I don't mean to imply that Rooster has done anything wrong. It's just that s/he might have information or testimony that could be crucial to solving this case.

Jenifred said:
I've got to get my alibi straightened out.
Me too. But first I need to set up a bogus trust fund, go play in a volleyball tournament, go online looking for love and visit Maine, Virginia, Utah, and maybe even plan an escape route out of the country, you know, just in case I get charged with murdering my wife.

JerseyGirl said:

We all remember "Rooster" who posted as if s/he was close to the family. Perhaps Rooster was just a fruit-loop or perhaps Rooster really is somehow "in the know".

Rooster posted that there was blood in/on the Durango because Raven had tried to save Janet when he found her.

We've also heard that Janet was found on her back, in a fetal position, and in a kneeling position. Reporters get things wrong but how could there be such differing accounts? Was Janet kneeling when Raven found her, and he moved her to try to save her? If so, wouldn't he notice that there was not a gunshot wound but rather two stab wounds, even if he didn't notice the one on her hand? And if there was enough blood to obscure the wounds, wouldn't he notice upon trying to save her that he was too late? In that case, why the claim to LE that his wife was upstairs "hurt"?

I think that it would be important for LE to find out who Rooster is, and find out what, if anything, s/he really does know. Because Rooster's account of Raven trying to save Janet just doesn't fit with the things that I've mentioned above. If Rooster hasn't been questioned yet, I think it might be a good idea. Don't get me wrong - I don't mean to imply that Rooster has done anything wrong. It's just that s/he might have information or testimony that could be crucial to solving this case.

I've always thought that at least SOME of what Rooster posted was at least based in fact. Some of what s/he said has turned out to be mostly accurate. That said, we've never heard from anyone else even a passing mention of Raven trying to "save Janet." So until I hear that from LE, paramedics, etc., I'm not sure I believe that, and completely count it as heresay.

That said, as I've posted in the past, I have no personal experience with gunshot wounds or stab wounds. But, I've ALWAYS thought it was odd that Raven reported the crime initially as a gunshot. Perhaps I'm just naive, but I swear I think I could tell the difference, especially with multiple stab wounds...now granted, as has been pointed out here before, in the moment, with emotions flying, etc., who knows, maybe a person could mistake one for the other, etc.

SouthEastSleuth said:
I've always thought that at least SOME of what Rooster posted was at least based in fact. Some of what s/he said has turned out to be mostly accurate. That said, we've never heard from anyone else even a passing mention of Raven trying to "save Janet." So until I hear that from LE, paramedics, etc., I'm not sure I believe that, and completely count it as heresay.

That said, as I've posted in the past, I have no personal experience with gunshot wounds or stab wounds. But, I've ALWAYS thought it was odd that Raven reported the crime initially as a gunshot. Perhaps I'm just naive, but I swear I think I could tell the difference, especially with multiple stab wounds...now granted, as has been pointed out here before, in the moment, with emotions flying, etc., who knows, maybe a person could mistake one for the other, etc.
I think Rooster was telling us what Raven told Rooster.

My point is only that Rooster claims that Raven tried to save Janet. If that's the case, then Raven would have known that it was too late so he would have been lying when he said that his wife was upstairs "hurt". And if Rooster is somehow privy to inside information, especially the things that s/he mentioned here, then LE ought to be questioning Rooster to find out the story as relayed to him/her. That's where LE often finds inconsistencies - not necessarily in the story that a suspect is telling them but inconsisitencies in the stories that a suspect is telling from person to person.

Something just doesn't fit, and Rooster seems to possibly have some important information.

JerseyGirl said:
That's where LE often finds inconsistencies - not necessarily in the story that a suspect is telling them but inconsisitencies in the stories that a suspect is telling from person to person.

Something just doesn't fit, and Rooster seems to possibly have some important information.

In my humble opinion, I believe that Rooster may have inherited that little gift of changing stories / history as well.

JerseyGirl said:
My point is only that Rooster claims that Raven tried to save Janet. If that's the case, then Raven would have known that it was too late so he would have been lying when he said that his wife was upstairs "hurt". And if Rooster is somehow privy to inside information, especially the things that s/he mentioned here, then LE ought to be questioning Rooster to find out the story as relayed to him/her. That's where LE often finds inconsistencies - not necessarily in the story that a suspect is telling them but inconsisitencies in the stories that a suspect is telling from person to person.

Gotcha - I understand. Well, then I hope LE is questioning Rooster. I bet Rooster would be a little uncomfortable, as he or she would want to answer the questions from LE in a way that would put Raven in the best light, but maybe he or she doesn't realize everything LE knows.

Moxie said:
Me too. But first I need to set up a bogus trust fund, go play in a volleyball tournament, go online looking for love and visit Maine, Virginia, Utah, and maybe even plan an escape route out of the country, you know, just in case I get charged with murdering my wife.
I couldn't have said this better myself, however, I think many of us would be cleared of this because we would have an alibi to be used by having OUR ISP and Email accounts checked. You see officer, I was online posting at WS or CTV at the time and I have the proof! My computer runs slow because I never clear my cache lol.

So what are the important questions with the kneeling issue?

- Was Janet indeed found kneeling?
- By whom was she found?
- At what point was she turned over, and by whom and for what reason?
- Did Raven try to save Janet?
- Did Raven tell anyone that he'd tried to save Janet?
- If he tried to save her, how did he not know that she was beyond "hurt"?
- If he didn't try to save her, why not, and why has Rooster claimed that he did?
- Does Rooster indeed know Raven, and if so, what does s/he know about all of this?

Please feel free to add to these. I'm sure I'm missing something. You know when you notice something important but there are so many nuances that you can't quite put your finger on it? It's driving me crazy today.

wow!.................take a 2 week vacation, and return to find that all hell's broken loose here!

........i was shocked to log in and find pages and pages of new posts on numerous threads!

...shock, which quickly turned to sadness, as much as we speculated early on "could she have been pregnant? ........." i am absolutely saddened to learn that she was................without his mother, now kaiden also will never know his little brother or sister...it's heart breaking...

...i'm thrilled that LE is on the email trail...........what secrets lie deeply hidden on one's hard drive ??.........we're about to find out...........

JerseyGirl said:

...........no kidding.....! although rooster hasn't been here lately, the info he/she had early on is something LE NEEDS to hear....................especially the 'straight from raven through rooster' stuff we had early on........

..."found in a kneeling position"..........THAT bothers me beyond belief!
...IF true..............and the perp stabbed and murdered her in such a fashion...........WHAT a freakin' coward!
...YAY janet, to the defense wound on her finger............!

...and i repeat..............to the perp.............YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE LOWLIFE for taking her life while she was down on her knees
...she's one of God's angels now..............you are and always will be beyond dispicable.............

There was some speculation early on that Rooster was Raven, himself. I wonder if LE would be able to determine that at all... ? I suppose they would have to look at the computers of Janet's family while he stayed there. They wouldn't need a warrant if the family cooperated...right?

juliagoulia said:
There was some speculation early on that Rooster was Raven, himself. I wonder if LE would be able to determine that at all... ? I suppose they would have to look at the computers of Janet's family while he stayed there. They wouldn't need a warrant if the family cooperated...right?
Well, we need e-mail addresses to create a membership here. I suppose that could be traced. And IP addresses are also traceable here, correct? I'm so technologically challenged, it's pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState