Geographic Profiling

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Forager, I've been hacking away at it when I have the inclination and time.

I've started watching [video=youtube;XOh95x_zFyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOh95x_zFyo[/video], to try and get a better understanding of LISK.

It might be worth separating the burlap victims with the dismembered victims, and I'm not so sure about Shannon Gilbert, possibly remove her as part of the series.

In terms of the burlap victims, the pick up/last seen locations and phone call locations combined with the disposal site, might be worth looking at.

Is it possible that lisk could have moved to another country or travels back and fourth between seasons. In British Columbia Canada we have alot of aboriginal women murdered and missing called "the highway of tears" street women in Edmonton Alberta and Toronto are being murdered.

Interesting that you should say that, besides the Highway Of Tears, there is a sk responsible for the murders of at least 3 prostitutes picked up from the Vancouver area in BC and dumped in logging roads near the mountains. Just heard of that particular sk today, although the murders began approx. 1995, so started a thread, with LISK in mind.
FWIW
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...titutes1995-Vancouver&p=12953802#post12953802
Fraser Valley Serial Killer

I'm a newby so if I put tihs in the wrong place, please bear with me!

I worked at Oak Ridge National Laboratory for my entire career (20 + years), doing remote sensing and GIS research. I mainly worked in ArcGIS (ESRI) software and some GE for the mapping work. I have been disabled and away from work for almost 4 years. Since I'm buying the software now, I am using Google Earth. I did quite a bit with it at work (high level for Google Earth), so I just need to knock the rust off! I do think that there is a lot we could do to help focus the review of missing and identified. I also think it would be a great GIS Grad Student Project. After this crazy weekend, I will be back at this!!! Oh- I'm not a geoprofilier, I'm a geographer. :newhere:

Not sure where to put this, but I was thinking about the possibility of the number 16 being significant again. 16 is divisible by 4, there were 4 victims at GB. So, I'm thinking to myself 4x4=16, then it occurs to me 4x4 vehicle. So, I went back to the SG thread and read the post that was written in German~~using google translate and the author mentions Coletti being approached by a 4x4 vehicle that night. Does anyone remember from the A&E show what type of vehicle it was? IIRC, he mentioned an SUV. Could the 4x4 vehicle have any significance to this case?

I was watching Episode 3 or 4 of The Killing Season, and on it was mentioned a possible victim in AC from 2004, Janet, found in a field, iirc? Well, it mentioned that her body was found 15 miles from the (Key?) motel. Upstream I had noted that it was mentioned on an earlier episode that the AC 4 were found in Egg Harbor, which is also 15 miles from AC. This is notable to me.

So, building off that, again, could 15 miles also be a significant distance somehow re: the GB 4? If we look out 15 miles from there, where does that put us in all directions?

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Lots of catching up to do here now.

Hey Everyone,

Quick reminder. If you haven't seen episodes 1 thru 4 yet you can watch all of them RIGHT HERE

Don't forget episodes 5 & 6 tonight 9:00 PM Eastern on A&E

Join us on Twitter #TheKillingSeason tonight . Josh and Rachel will be on Twitter to answer your questions starting at 8:30 PM ET

Episode 6 is WILD from what I am told.

Hey Everyone,

Quick reminder. If you haven't seen episodes 1 thru 4 yet you can watch all of them RIGHT HERE

Join us on Twitter #TheKillingSeason tonight . Josh and Rachel will be on Twitter to answer your questions starting at 8:30 PM ET

I can't wait!!
Tricia, THANK YOU for making the other episodes available for us to see😉
Hope you & everyone else had a FABULOUS turkey day, now let's get this done!😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone,

Have to wait for em over here sadly... Silly geo restrictions... :dunno:

Was fun seeing this site pop up in the first 2 eps though

Qmfr:

I was watching Episode 3 or 4 of The Killing Season, and on it was mentioned a possible victim in AC from 2004, Janet, found in a field, iirc? Well, it mentioned that her body was found 15 miles from the (Key?) motel. Upstream I had noted that it was mentioned on an earlier episode that the AC 4 were found in Egg Harbor, which is also 15 miles from AC. This is notable to me.

So, building off that, again, could 15 miles also be a significant distance somehow re: the GB 4? If we look out 15 miles from there, where does that put us in all directions?

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Lots of catching up to do here now.

(I think I meant to type 2014)

Can't wait for tonite after listening to last weeks radio show with josh Rachel and john ray....y'all better go back to oak beach!!! 😀

Well, watching Episode 5 last night, my thoughts on geographic profiling as related to these cases have definitely been opened up, considering a possible Long Haul Tucker angle. (I haven't watched Episode 6 yet.) Now I don't think that the Daytona murders are related to the GB 4 at this time, and I think someone fairly close to the area could still be responsible for the GB 4 killings, but after seeing the FBI map from 2010 of all the highway murders featured on the show, I am now overwhelmed.

Additionally I was happy to see some old school mapping and push pins on the board by Josh and Rachel, as we discussed upstream.

It's really incredible to think about how many active SKs there are at any given time. I know that since I've been a member here, since 2012, there have been quite a few possible SKs revealed, TK, JW...

Years ago I looked into the Texas Killing Fields, as Tim Miller is a family friend (not name dropping haha). It is believed that multiple killers are responsible for those murders, so many bodies found along the I-45 interstate.

I know there are some investigators I have seen posting here, and the people who did TKS, but has anyone ever ran any of the suspects through TLO to see their movements, possibly tying them repeatedly to any of the areas from the manorville, GB4, AC....when I pulled my own TLO it showed very clear patterns in my routine and more importantly, deviations in my typical routes.

Well, watching Episode 5 last night, my thoughts on geographic profiling as related to these cases have definitely been opened up, considering a possible Long Haul Tucker angle. (I haven't watched Episode 6 yet.) Now I don't think that the Daytona murders are related to the GB 4 at this time, and I think someone fairly close to the area could still be responsible for the GB 4 killings, but after seeing the FBI map from 2010 of all the highway murders featured on the show, I am now overwhelmed.

Additionally I was happy to see some old school mapping and push pins on the board by Josh and Rachel, as we discussed upstream.

It's really incredible to think about how many active SKs there are at any given time. I know that since I've been a member here, since 2012, there have been quite a few possible SKs revealed, TK, JW...

Years ago I looked into the Texas Killing Fields, as Tim Miller is a family friend (not name dropping haha). It is believed that multiple killers are responsible for those murders, so many bodies found along the I-45 interstate.
I DO believe many murders ARE the work of long haul truckers😔 I agree with many of your points here😉
I was reading up again on Canada's " highway of tears " case.
Other than the amount of MONEY put into the investigation, and oodles of folks interviewed... what REALLY stood out to me was it was reported " the number of men wanting to harm to women was unbelievable "
Investigators came across SO many men with door handles cut off their vehicles, weapons, duct tape and arm chains/cuffs, etc. as they were investigating!
Creepy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm a newby so if I put tihs in the wrong place, please bear with me!

I worked at Oak Ridge National Laboratory for my entire career (20 + years), doing remote sensing and GIS research. I mainly worked in ArcGIS (ESRI) software and some GE for the mapping work. I have been disabled and away from work for almost 4 years. Since I'm buying the software now, I am using Google Earth. I did quite a bit with it at work (high level for Google Earth), so I just need to knock the rust off! I do think that there is a lot we could do to help focus the review of missing and identified. I also think it would be a great GIS Grad Student Project. After this crazy weekend, I will be back at this!!! Oh- I'm not a geoprofilier, I'm a geographer. :newhere:

It sounds like this is the right place! A little mapping skill can go a long way on Websleuths, and you sound like you have a lot. It's exciting to hear that you have worked with ArcGIS and Google Earth. They bigger guns that we are used to on Websleuths, but I'm sure they could be put to good use.

I think you will find that mapping crime related matters is a rather different exercise than what I'm guessing were your scientific applications at Oak Ridge. Where you used to have rich, fine grained data sets to work with, you'll be grateful when you can fish a geocodable address out of a news article to anchor a marker. But it's fun, the maps can sometimes be helpful, and a lot of people end up seeing your product.

You might want, for starters, to find a thread that interest you and has some geographic angle. Here is a crime related map map that Skibaboo did for the Todd Kohlhepp thread. The missing and unidentified threads always need maps, and often offer opportunities for real world impact.

Please let me know what you come up with, or if I can help.

Actually James Worley is not a SK (only in my mind lol)...my mistake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back