George A admits losing money to email scam

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But did this woman have a LE background? Just saying....:crazy:
$400,000. she lost? I don't believe that story or GA's.
I simply can't believe anybody is that stupid.
Sorry, I read the article about Spears, and it wasn't stupidity, it was greed.

LE did the computer forensics. It would be easy to look back and see what was going on during that time frame. Now, either LE found the links/paths to online gambling sites, or George would have a receipt of the money he sent to this Nigerian thing in the form of a canceled check, etc. It just does not make sense. I just wonder if he has proof he sent money.

How could this Nigerian scam work with a credit card or even a debit card? It couldn't because then there would be proof from the credit card company or the bank if it were a debit card. It could be traced. So I am not believing this one. I say online gambling, and THAT can be traced.

I do believe that Cindy, George, and probably Lee have lied to LE and the FBI. You can lie to LE, but just ask Martha Stewart if the FBI lets you slide if you lie to them!

The scam that I've seen asks for personal information including bank account number FWIW.

It wouldn't suprise me if KC was behind his email scam. Like he said, he was computer savey, but KC was better at it. Obviously she doesn't mind stealing from her own family and friends....so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we found out she was behind it.

Fake Phising Nigerian 419 Scam. This is what he probably received. Do not be foolish and use.

:bang:

&#8220;FROM WESTERN UNION OFFICE&#8221; <raphogue03@aliceadsl.fr>
To:

undisclosed-recipients
Western Union®

Welcome to Western Union
Send Money Worldwide
Attention:Beneficiary,
Based on the instruction passed to this Western Union department from the office of the Presidency, your payment total sum of US$1.5Million Dollars can only be paid through this Western Union Money Transfer Department of Nigeria.This is to help us check-mate all the Fraudlent activities going on here in Nigeri and Africa at large. You shall be paid bit by bit until your total sum is completely received paid to right at the Counter of Western Union right in your country.
This is your receiving informations.
For verification Kindly call our International service number +18003256000 or 8003256000 and follow the voice prompt,then
insert the control number above to hear the availability of your funds ready for pick up,or visit our official web site
www.westernunion.com ,find TRACKING on the top right of the site page,and kindly insert accordingly this detail Teddy James
and XXXXXXXXXX following the instructions bellow.
Money Transfer Control Number:XXXXXXXXXXX
Sender First Name:Teddy
Sender Last Name:James
I request that you send to me your full receiving names and Country and City where you will like to be receiving your payment for your payment and an activation fee of $150 only for the informartons to be activated to the officer in charge at the counter here in Nigeria Mrs.Duru Nkem as you make the payment we shall activate the names you have given us to enable you receive your first installmental payment of $10,000 accordingly,this control number(8493640991) should be kept total secret for your own security,to avoid any further problems which you have experienced in the past,make the payment today and start receiving your money.
Name.Mrs.Nkem Uche.
Address.Lagos Nigeria.
Amount.$150.00
Also forward to us your direct telephone number.
Be rest assure that once we received the activation fee that more information will be given to you on how you will be receiving from us $10,000.00 in every seven hours untill your fund is completed paid.
Looking forward to receive the mtcn number and text question and answer from you after the payment.
Congratulation in Advance.

WESTERN UNION DIRECTOR
Sincerely,
MR. STANLEY CLARK.
USE MY PRIVATE BOX TO REPLY BACK (west.union.money.trans@post.ro)

Fake Phising Nigerian 419 Scam. This is what he probably received. Do not be foolish and use.

“FROM WESTERN UNION OFFICE” <raphogue03@aliceadsl.fr>
To:

undisclosed-recipients
Western Union®

Welcome to Western Union
Send Money Worldwide
Based on the instruction passed to this Western Union department from the office of the Presidency, your payment total sum of US$1.5Million Dollars can only be paid through this Western Union Money Transfer Department of Nigeria.This is to help us check-mate all the Fraudlent activities going on here in Nigeri and Africa at large. You shall be paid bit by bit until your total sum is completely received paid to right at the Counter of Western Union right in your country.
For verification Kindly call our International service number +18003256000 or 8003256000 and follow the voice prompt,then
insert the control number above to hear the availability of your funds ready for pick up,or visit our official web site
www.westernunion.com ,find TRACKING on the top right of the site page,and kindly insert accordingly this detail Teddy James
and 8493640991 following the instructions bellow.
I request that you send to me your full receiving names and Country and City where you will like to be receiving your payment for your payment and an activation fee of $150 only for the informartons to be activated to the officer in charge at the counter here in Nigeria Mrs.Duru Nkem as you make the payment we shall activate the names you have given us to enable you receive your first installmental payment of $10,000 accordingly,this control number(8493640991) should be kept total secret for your own security,to avoid any further problems which you have experienced in the past,make the payment today and start receiving your money.
Name.Mrs.Nkem Uche.
Address.Lagos Nigeria.
Amount.$150.00
Be rest assure that once we received the activation fee that more information will be given to you on how you will be receiving from us $10,000.00 in every seven hours untill your fund is completed paid.
Looking forward to receive the mtcn number and text question and answer from you after the payment.

WESTERN UNION DIRECTOR
Sincerely,
MR. STANLEY CLARK.

If it sounds too good to be true.......that's because IT IS!!!! :bang:

“FROM WESTERN UNION OFFICE” <raphogue03@aliceadsl.fr>
To:

undisclosed-recipients
Western Union®

Welcome to Western Union
Send Money Worldwide
and XXXXXXXXXX following the instructions bellow.
Name.Mrs.Nkem Uche.
Address.Lagos Nigeria.
Amount.$150.00

WESTERN UNION DIRECTOR
Sincerely,
MR. STANLEY CLARK.

Does George really expect anyone to believe he fell for this? He's former LE for cryin' out loud!
I say BS!:floorlaugh:

Do people really still fall for those "You have millions of dollars waiting for you, just give me your credit card number first!" emails anymore???
I'm not liking his story one bit. He's no fool.

I do believe that Cindy, George, and probably Lee have lied to LE and the FBI. You can lie to LE, but just ask Martha Stewart if the FBI lets you slide if you lie to them!

If you look back at an old interview C & G did with Greta (I think), when asked about C & G's story changes and Casey's lies, Cindy says "It's not a crime to lie".

After that remark, I also thought of Martha Stewart, plus several Louisiana bigwigs who got into trouble with the FBI for that very reason and also spent time in prison for it.

I am calling BS on this one. Sorry, don't believe it for a skinny minute.

LE did the computer forensics. It would be easy to look back and see what was going on during that time frame. Now, either LE found the links/paths to online gambling sites, or George would have a receipt of the money he sent to this Nigerian thing in the form of a canceled check, etc. It just does not make sense. I just wonder if he has proof he sent money.

How could this Nigerian scam work with a credit card or even a debit card? It couldn't because then there would be proof from the credit card company or the bank if it were a debit card. It could be traced. So I am not believing this one. I say online gambling, and THAT can be traced.

That may be a story to cover the $4,000 KC stole from George. She took the money he sent her to the bank to deposit and then made up a fake deposit slip. When caught in it, she started crying and said a robber held her up at gunpoint and she gave him the money. (yeah, right and she had a deposit slip?) When George wanted to call the police to verify that she had reported the robbery, Cindy threw a fit and told him NO, she would handle it.

This may all tie in with that. I don't believe for a minute he lost that money like that...........Cindy's brother said he had an online gambling problem and that I would believe before that wild story.

$400,000. she lost? I don't believe that story or GA's.
I simply can't believe anybody is that stupid.
Sorry, I read the article about Spears, and it wasn't stupidity, it was greed.

In a follow up article on that, there seems to be some question if she ever had $400,000 to begin with.................

I would be more inclined to believe that he lost the money through online gambling than through an internet scam. He tells the FBI that he very recently had payments to make for his mistake; that he was still paying some money down toward his debt. At this point, if it really was a scam, would he still be paying? Especially with the FBI involved...Would they not be looking into it?

Hmmmm...

*Snipped
Disparate times; disparate measures. Wrong way to fix a serious financial issue.

Countzero, this was one of the most brilliant misspellings EVER. Disparate is exactly right.
Disparate:
1 : containing or made up of fundamentally different and often incongruous elements 2 : markedly distinct in quality or character

I would be more inclined to believe that he lost the money through online gambling than through an internet scam. He tells the FBI that he very recently had payments to make for his mistake; that he was still paying some money down toward his debt. At this point, if it really was a scam, would he still be paying? Especially with the FBI involved...Would they not be looking into it?

Hmmmm...

Could be paying his bank back if it was Nigerian type scan. ?

FWIW, I don't believe it. I don't believe he was hit with a Nigerian scam-I believe he did something else with the money. This is a little too keystone cops for me when this man clearly has pretty reasonable LE instincts-jmo.

I find it interesting that Casey's relations were "strained" with GA after a separation from a few years ago according to Cindy. It seems that it is more likely that they were strained because GA wasn't buying into Casey's stories any longer...he knew she was not an event manager, he knew that she was not leaving Caylee with Zanny.

He must be holding his breath until he can actually leave that house....

I tend to believe the gambling story more so then the Nigerian scam story. George had that little laugh when he told the story about the scam.

If you look back at an old interview C & G did with Greta (I think), when asked about C & G's story changes and Casey's lies, Cindy says "It's not a crime to lie".

After that remark, I also thought of Martha Stewart, plus several Louisiana bigwigs who got into trouble with the FBI for that very reason and also spent time in prison for it.

Bold by me .... in this case, yes CA, when you lie, it is a crime.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back