George has Casey's car destroyed

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they have to make it public? Why not transfer the title to someone else and let them junk the car? All this about the lawyer going along and etc. Why can't they just crawl away and shut up!!!

They act like they are celebrities...they need to get a reality check and get back to work and forget about any foundations.

Reminds me of RC's report about George calling the tv stations and selling them a story or interview while they had their donation tent up.

Fox 35 was there- they reported George brought it in.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/081811-casey-anthonys-car-crushed

He gave them an exclusive to watch it being destroyed- that channel's reporter (Holly Bristow) has always written sympathetic reports about him, so it paid off!

Shannon Butler clearly states in the video - "this car was in fact brought in by a wrecker service, it was brought here by Mark Lippman, George and Cindy Anthony's attorney."

There was no George around for this set-up media show. FOX 35 just threw a friendly lie out front here. A negotiated part of the deal, no doubt.:sick:

I don't think the A's had much of a choice given the circumstances. jmo

ya know i hate to think there was motive for having the car crushed. I want to believe this was an honorable gesture on GA's part but I have to say I agree w/your post 100%. Just seems odd to me that yesterday a report came out about the DT investigator that pretty much slammed the A's while making FCA look like mother of the year (because we all know if you have pretty pictures of your child all throughout your neat room your are not capable of murdering your child - barf - even if on said day of "accidental" death your out w/new boyfriend without a care in the world - barf). So, the A's are slammed and FCA shown in a good light... Now the A's (well GA) is a "hero" for not accepting money for the death car. It seems to me that this is a like a tennis match, they keep hitting balls at eachother, trying to look good while the other looks bad... And you are right, the better they look the more money they make - GA&CA + good deeds = interviews + book = foundation money (cough, cough salary) or FCA + poor grieving mother who has been spending most of her time reading as of late per JB (YA RIGHT - BARF) = book = money & bella vita (barf)...

omgosh, quit a few barfs in my post :sick:

and, i agree w/other posters as well... if you child dies in your backyard pool you rip the damn thing down... if you have a car that smells bad because of "pizza" you get it professionally cleaned and donate it to a homeless shelter or something... the car being crushed is very telling!

BBM - That's just it, I know from reading hundreds of others' posts that we've all 'wanted to believe' in the Anthonys at numerous turns of this case, and each and every time they've failed miserably. Due to the constant disgust in their motives, it's impossible to have an ounce of faith in their doing anything for the right reason; including crushing this car.

Particularly when you toss the car on one side of the scale had they sold it, and then toss their newest "foundation" on the other side of the scale and the obvious answer is that crushing the car will lend a much larger payout by hoping to boost their own public opinion of "doing the right thing".

Maybe they just read here and decided that keeping the car would have been a VERY unpopular decision. lol The car is gone and they've "washed their hands" of it. They won't hear about over and over again for the next 10 years. Out of sight, out of mind. It was a good decision. jmo

LOL, yes reading here looks like keeping the car would have been a very unpopular decision.

ya know, I think no matter what they do most people will never look at them in a good light (myself included). In the beginning they should have kept their mouths shut (media wise) and told the truth. If they thought their daughter was innocent, it should have come out by telling the truth! I would never have faulted them had they said something like "we love our daughter and we believe she isn't capable of doing something like this." But all the spin, lies, and accusations will forever bite them in the *** imo! I too think it was a good decision but coming from the A's I question why (and that's nobody's fault but their own, imo)

I think the majority who post on WS know Caylee did not die in the swimming pool. It was the DT who made up this story, and CA and GA did not/have not said this is not true. BUT they did say Caylee was not in the car! The fact that this car has been destroyed (IF this is true) proves without a doubt that CA and GA knew all along that they knew Caylee was in this car. The fact that the pool has not been taken down proves CA and GA knew all along Caylee did not die in the pool. When we say why hasn't the pool been taken down, it's not because we believe Caylee died there, it's just those of us who are asking this are letting it be known we know Caylee died in the car. CA and GA need to just stop, nothing they can do will change the minds of those who know the truth. I believe CA and GA knew from the very beginning what happened to Caylee and I believe CA and GA knew who was responsible for what happened to Caylee.

BBM

ITA. All the photos given to DT showing the pool...GMAB. We are just letting the world know that we know better. They tried to sell the pool theory and with the help of the parents, succeeded. Why destroy the pool when there is no reason, no evidence? As far as the car, though, even the DT, Baez grilled George about driving that car off the tow lot, demanding to know why he did that, knowing he was driving a car that contained evidence of a homicide.

Shannon Butler clearly states in the video - "this car was in fact brought in by a wrecker service, it was brought here by Mark Lippman, George and Cindy Anthony's attorney."

There was no George around for this set-up media show. FOX 35 just threw a friendly lie out front here. A negotiated part of the deal, no doubt.:sick:

Well someone had to have been with Lippman unless he walked back to his office after he finished parading the car for Fox. :rolleyes:

Getting rid of evidence again, eh George?

It seems to be the Anthony family business. Their own little cottage industry, as it were. Lying and then covering up the lies ... and the evidence (and not very well, either). I don't see anything admirable about GA having the car destroyed; he just didn't want Caylee's original coffin nearby, haunting the clan.

When it comes to the Anthonys, I've come to expect the worst. That way, I am never disappointed.

:twocents:

I'd have thought that the car would be pretty much junk by now anyway. Forensics don't usually pussyfoot around when they are trying to find the most microscopic pieces of evidence.
Anyone who has ever been involved in more than a minor accident will know that the car is "never the same again" after it has been put back together, no matter how good the job.
I can't imagine the condition of the Sunfire would be anywhere near pristine after it had had its doorpads, carpets, linings and seats etc pulled out and thrown back in.
Sure, the emotional and evidentiary reasons might come into it, but I just don't think it'd be a keeper anyway. (It did have a perfectly good fuel gauge though!)

Even if they actually thought Caylee was never in there-I don't think it is reasonable to clean the car and drive it around. It is not so much what they think as is public perception of the car. Driving that car around would just be asking for trouble.

The car is well known and most feel Caylee was in the trunk, no way they could drive that car around and not suffer from the public. IMO, this is the only option;so much so I cannot even understand there is controversy surrounding this issue.

Exactly. Trashing the car doesn't automatically make them think they believe she was in the car. The car has a stigma to it no matter what they think. There were theories on here that Casey may try to retrieve the car when she returned to florida.

They had to destroy that car, regardless of their theory on what happened to Caylee.

Guys , notice my siggy. I have started a support thread concerning my brother's death and trial. Thank you all for being here for me. Sorry for the O/T.

Well someone had to have been with Lippman unless he walked back to his office after he finished parading the car for Fox. :rolleyes:

No one drove the car. The car has not been driven in over 3 years. It appears from the video to have been in on a flatbed truck, batteries, tires, etc. were taken off. I would imagine ML brought his own car. jmo

Reminds me of RC's report about George calling the tv stations and selling them a story or interview while they had their donation tent up.

Or calling the media about donating shoes, or calling the media to put you under the public microscope as you complain in letter-form about "being under the microscope"....

....and the self-serving list goes on and on.

It seems to be the Anthony family business. Their own little cottage industry, as it were. Lying and then covering up the lies ... and the evidence (and not very well, either). I don't see anything admirable about GA having the car destroyed; he just didn't want Caylee's original coffin nearby, haunting the clan.

When it comes to the Anthonys, I've come to expect the worst. That way, I am never disappointed.

:twocents:

Yep. Taking out all of the emotion, the car was a key piece of evidence and now has been destroyed.

Or calling the media about donating shoes, or calling the media to put you under the public microscope as you complain in letter-form about "being under the microscope"....

....and the self-serving list goes on and on.

Yes! and don't forget the bass boat. And my favorite, when they called to tell HB that they wold not be doing any interviews.

Yeah, 2 great lines from George to make himself look suspicious and cast doubt among the Jurors; quite successfully, I might add.

In context it obviously did. They bought him as the one guilty one all the way. :waitasec:

Guys , notice my siggy. I have started a support thread concerning my brother's death and trial. Thank you all for being here for me. Sorry for the O/T.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Why did they have to make it public? Why not transfer the title to someone else and let them junk the car? All this about the lawyer going along and etc. Why can't they just crawl away and shut up!!!

They act like they are celebrities...they need to get a reality check and get back to work and forget about any foundations.

ITA! They are very recognizable. Why? Because of the constant media attention that was their own doing. And they are banking on it now. How many murderers parents do you see doing interview after interview after interview such as this? They're are loving the limelight! If they want their image improved a donation to TES would have made more sense. But that wouldn't generate an income! I don't see them as a symbol for grandparents or missing children. I see them as parents of a murderer. And I see them trying to milk that for whatever they can. I find it very disturbing...
IMO

Yes! and don't forget the bass boat. And my favorite, when they called to tell HB that they wold not be doing any interviews.

The wrecker should have hooked up the bass boat to the Sunfire and crushed them both in one fell swoop.

That's about the extent that the Anthonys have made use of their (cough) "find the missing children" boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08