George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you suppose he got the injuries?

I honestly have no idea...only GZ and TM know the whole truth, IMO.

I can only go by the evidence, or lack thereof. Say, if I were accused of theft, but they could find no evidence of my fingerprints anywhere near or around the crime scene, and I did not have any gloves, wiping cloth, etc. on me, then it would be unjust to claim that somehow, I *must* have stolen despite there not being any evidence, except perhaps an eye witness who had seen "me" in the dark close to crime scene.

There are of course other ways and means for the stolen goods to disappear, but without evidence, it would be speculation. IMO

Mr West still mumbling and shaking head after his scolding. Opps here comes the jury. He will settle down now.

That was one of the more surreal things I have seen. And GZ with his voice, unsure of what to say....

We don't know how he got those injuries though.I do believe that TM may have shoved GZ due to Zimmerman being aggressive or trying to detain Martin,but it is just as possible that he fell and bumped his head and scratched his face during pursuit of Martin.
It was raining and very dark.
IMO

Yes we do. We know that he did not have them before the fight and had them after .HE did not do it to himself that leaves TM.

TM does not know the police are coming. GZ does. TM thinks he has all the time in the world to do what he wants.. GZ knows the police could be there right now. It does not stand to reason along with the information from RJ that GZ was going after TM at that point.

I think this Judge just doesn't like Don West. He is the only one I have seen her really get annoyed with. Maybe there is some sort of history between the two on another case?

BY is not REACHED or AT

Yes. It is. BBM.

by 1 (b)
prep.
1. Close to; next to: the window by the door.
2. With the use or help of; through: We came by the back road.
3. Up to and beyond; past: We drove by the house.
4. At or to: stopped by the bakery; came by the house.
5. In the period of; during: sleeping by day.
6. Not later than: by 5:30 p.m.
a. In the amount of: letters by the thousands.
b. To the extent of: shorter by two inches.
a. According to: played by the rules.
b. With respect to: siblings by blood.
9. In the name of: swore by the Bible to tell the truth.
10. Through the agency or action of: was killed by a bullet.
11. Used to indicate a succession of specified individuals, groups, or quantities: One by one they left. They were persuaded little by little.
a. Used in multiplication and division: Multiply 4 by 6 to get 24.
b. Used with measurements: a room 12 by 18 feet.
c. Toward. Used to express direction with points of the compass: south by east.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/by

Kathi Belich, WFTV @KBelichWFTV
I have never seen that in more than 30 years of court reporting. #Zimmermanon9

Oh wow, I'm way behind and not watching live...this doesn't sound good for either side. Is this judge playing to the cameras? Perhaps afraid for herself should the verdict be an unpopular one?

MOO IMO IMHO and all that jazz.

IMO if she is doing this because "she is afraid" she needs to go into another line of work! Sorry I have NO SYMPATHY regarding any of "her fears".

I honestly have no idea...only GZ and TM know the whole truth, IMO.

I can only go by the evidence, or lack thereof. Say, if I were accused of theft, but they could find no evidence of my fingerprints anywhere near or around the crime scene, then it would be unjust to claim that somehow, I *must* have stolen despite there not being any evidence, except perhaps an eye witness who had seen "me" in the dark close to crime scene.

There are of course other ways and means for the stolen goods to disappear, but without evidence, it would be speculation. IMO

EXACTLY. THERE IS NO PROOF THAT GZ Murdered TM in cold blood. With ill will toward him. And that is the end of the case.

I'm several pages behind, trying to catch up, so this may not even be relevant to the place it lands:

For those that would criticize the owner of the gym for having a link about George Zimmerman on his site:
I don't think they are trying to profit off George Zimmerman or use his name in any way. They make no mention of him on their front page. Also, the gym owner's testimony didn't seem like he was trying to inflate his abilities, or diminish George's, imo. It seemed to me like he was trying to offer his honest opinion of George's skills, or lack thereof.

Imo, it looks like the gym is a rather small one, so I am assuming that the owner probably answers the phone as well as doing training. The phones were probably being slammed by curious people, so they decided to direct them to their site. This way, they could answer legit questions, while still running the gym. My sister and her husband own a similar type gym, and they go from answering the phones to training a class to scrubbing the bathrooms in a matter of moments. It's a very grueling, physically demanding job, with a lot of overhead and low profit. I think the owner of Kokopell's is trying to deflect calls that are not relevant to his business, that's why the "Zimmerman" page says "George Zimmerman training information will be provided for those who request it after the completion of the trial." He's probably trying to free up his phone lines for actual paying customers.

Imo, moo, etc.

I'm generally pro-prosecution in this case although I'm waffling this point. The judge is clearly biased against the defense. That exchange a few minutes ago was amazing. I also watched until she adjourned court and walked out last night. I think she wants done with this case. IMO.

Did she rule or address the issue of the defense witnesses that talked to each other?

That was one of the more surreal things I have seen. And GZ with his voice, unsure of what to say....

You should've seen West go off on her last night...
She turned her back to him, and left the courtroom while he was still barking at her...

JMO This line of discussion with the witness after what just happened..... am I the only one that is sitting here with their toes curling?!

I am not inserting words I am interpreting the first 'he' to mean Trayvon.
The second 'he' to mean the man following based on her other uses of 'he' in her testimony.

You cannot insert the words resident 'come across' for
he words resident 'confronted' in the autopsy report.

<mod snip> Words often do not have just one meaning: confront can also mean brought face to face with. That's exactly how I interpret that word in this report. Not going to put words in your mouth, please tell us how you interpret the word confront as it is used in the context of this report? TIA MOO

I think this Judge just doesn't like Don West. He is the only one I have seen her really get annoyed with. Maybe there is some sort of history between the two on another case?

And it is wholly unprofessional. She is to be as an impartial overseerer, without perjudice or passion. She is to rule on the case and make sure GZ gets a fair trial. HE is innocent until proven guilty.

She is there to preserve the sanctity of the court room.

She is not under control and has no reason in my opinion to not regroup from day to day and show restraint.

Don't worry ShadyLady! I like you very much however different our views.

I admire your conviction to you views and respect your feelings.

Thanks marlap!!!! Means a lot!

BUT>>>>>I am pissed at MSM!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Yes. It is. BBM.

by 1 (b)
prep.
1. Close to; next to: the window by the door.
2. With the use or help of; through: We came by the back road.
3. Up to and beyond; past: We drove by the house.
4. At or to: stopped by the bakery; came by the house.
5. In the period of; during: sleeping by day.
6. Not later than: by 5:30 p.m.
a. In the amount of: letters by the thousands.
b. To the extent of: shorter by two inches.
a. According to: played by the rules.
b. With respect to: siblings by blood.
9. In the name of: swore by the Bible to tell the truth.
10. Through the agency or action of: was killed by a bullet.
11. Used to indicate a succession of specified individuals, groups, or quantities: One by one they left. They were persuaded little by little.
a. Used in multiplication and division: Multiply 4 by 6 to get 24.
b. Used with measurements: a room 12 by 18 feet.
c. Toward. Used to express direction with points of the compass: south by east.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/by

I believe the first definition : close to
70 yards is close to but not at the door ready to walk in... imo

IMO, if there is any sort of conviction on anything in this trial, all the defense would have to do was play this little judicial/attorney/defendant encounter to gain an appeal. MOO.

She kept on asking GZ if he's going to testify when the defense hasn't formally ended their case yet.
She had him put up his hand so what he said would go on the record. His attorney kept objecting to the question being asked. GZ said, "Not at this time," and how long he needed to decide would be based on the length of the recesses. Hmmm? Like I said before, IMO FL is a mystery to me.

She kept on asking GZ if he's going to testify when the defense hasn't formally ended their case yet.

IANAL, but even I know that a defendant has the right to wait until the very last minute (before the defense has concluded) to decide whether or not he/she chooses to testify.

IMO, this judge was completely out of line in demanding an answer at that moment.

If a verified attorney wishes to inform me otherwise, I welcome any information.

Having watched many trials, I've NEVER seen a judge do what Judge Nelson just did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member