George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats the thing about opinions. in the end, so what?

for every opinion, there is a rebuttal.

SOOOOOO True!!! Just nice to know that in this great country we can all have them and voice them!! Sites like WS provide for that thankfully :)

Legal question:

Why only 6 people on jury? Seems more people on jury would favor a mistrial. Whose idea was it to only have 6?

Florida is one of two states I believe that only require 6 jurors.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I heard Nancy G. blathering in righteous indignation last night.

I believe there was a lot of public interest in the training program because of Zimmerman's rapid weight loss, and not because all the people want to be a "1 on a scale of 1 to 10" in terms of MMA skillz.

Jiminey, there's a huge band wagon with public sentiment. I'm about to turn off Nancy Grace and most of HLN if they don't try to look at 2 sides.

And I was infuriated that Dr. Drew would bring back a commentator that would use racial slurs against another black woman, calling her an *insert name of famous black and white cookie*.

Either racial slurs are wrong, or right. But it must be the same litmus for EVERYBODY!

Don't hold your breath on the 2 sides. I quit watching them a couple of years ago. I decided it was more entertainment than factual information. There has never been a defendant that any of them liked!

JMO

Legal question:

Why only 6 people on jury? Seems more people on jury would favor a mistrial. Whose idea was it to only have 6?

The State of Florida who only uses 12 jurors in Death Penalty cases. IMO

Legal question:

I think it's simply Forida procedure. Anybody old enough to remember the William Kennedy Smith trial, IIRC? Six jurors there also IIRC.

Legal question:

SOP in Florida. Only 12 member juries for first degree murder cases, 6 for everything else.

If it is true, that during the scuffle TM realized GZ had a weapon and TM went for it - then yes GZ did need his gun. The intent would be rather clear after being punched in the face and having one's head smacked on concrete a time or two. Unfortunately not one of us will ever be 100% sure of the truth of this matter so the answer to the question is, it depends upon one's belief or disbelief of the evidence presented.

Is there evidence that TM went for GZ's gun? I believe no traces of TM's DNA or fingerprints were ever found on GZ's holster or gun, so this is not factual, but conjecture based on GZ's own words. I will go with what is already known, ie. no GZ DNA at all on TM or TM's DNA/prints on GZ's gun, based on due process, IMO. I can only believe in what is already presented as clear evidence, IMO

Legal question:

I believe I heard during jury selection that the State requires only 6 jurors for any charge less than Murder 1 (which requires 12 jurors).

I will be VERY curious if anyone from WS...(that actually WATCHED the case) has changed their minds in the end of trial....

I started out...first few days....with manslaughter, and now I am firmly on side of self-defense.

Even if someone is following you this does not give you the right to attack them. Self-defense is self-defense.

I hope we get a poll at the end of this trial, and that WS can come together again with the next trial we watch.

I've watched the trial every day. I had questions in the beginning & I still have questions at the end. I still question the wisdom & intentions of both GZ & TM. So very glad I am not on the jury.

State is gonna get GZ's friend Donnelly's testimony stricken

I think it's simply Forida procedure. Anybody old enough to remember the William Kennedy Smith trial, IIRC? Six jurors there also IIRC.

But Casey got more...I would think easier for conviction with less jurors.

BUT....who decides? Attorney General?

I've watched the trial every day. I had questions in the beginning & I still have questions at the end. I still question the wisdom & intentions of both GZ & TM. So very glad I am not on the jury.

I have also and my biggest issue is, The state has not proved murder2. So for me it would be not guilty at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joy1218