George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They cannot legally show that TV sent those texts regardless of what he says technically he cannot prove that TV sent them

But the people TM was texting with could have been called to testify. If the defense had been given the texts in a timely manner.

All I'm saying is that there is case law in Florida that can be used to appeal this judge's decision regarding the text messages. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the defense had already filed something this morning.

IMO.

So this is Mr. Root's first time testifying as an expert witness. Got to start somewhere. IMO

IMO the most pathetic charge against GZ all along has been "He's a wannabe cop."

It used to be a sign of good character if someone wanted to be a police officer.
I agree that wanting to be a policeman is a good thing. IMO the "wannabe" indicates that GZ didn't have what it takes to be a good policeman somehow.

IMO someone in another thread commented that TM could have said "You shot me" and GZ misunderstood. I can absolutely see someone that is surprised at being shot saying "you shot me!".

IMO I absolutely can NOT see this type of attack ending with a formal "verbal submission" followed by the attacker gracefully getting off of the victim GZ. Not sure if others have seen urban street fighting videos but they are incredibly fast, furious, and frenzied. The whole point is to overwhelm the target with a series of blows and get them on the ground so fast they can't think or hit back. I think that is exactly what TM did to GZ and GZ didn't even have a chance against it.

IMO

The only reason I give credence is TM was a kid and did not know his life was at risk. Watch youtube and you will the fights that these kids get into.
Some will abruptly stop with a simple "ok".

Defense, just because someone is dead it doesn't mean they're the victim.

If someone breaks into your house and tries to steal your child and you shoot them, they aren't the "victim". You and your child are still the "victim".

Trayvon is certainly the deceased.

IMHO
You are right IMO opinion TM is the victim here without GZ actions that day he would have made it home to watch the basketball game with his dad and his skittles and watermelon ice tea. And in your scenario the perpetrator is the one who breaks into your house not the victim,<mod snip>. You are comparing TM to a burglar and kidnapper which was never the case here.

I really don't care for this prosecutor. He is so defensive in his questions and attitude. jmo

Oh my but MOM is good. Very very good. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Mr. Root is the most logical witness who has testified thus far, IMO. :heartbeat:

I'm a huge fan of logic.

You are right IMO opinion TM is the victim here without GZ actions that day he would have made it home to watch the basketball game with his dad and his skittles and watermelon ice tea. And in your scenario the perpetrator is the one who breaks into your house not the victim, kind of a silly comparison. You are comparing TM to a burglar and kidnapper which was never the case here.

As per RJ, TM did make it home. It was TM's decision to go back and confront GZ. JMO. OMO. MOO.

You are IMO forgetting who is the victim here.

The trial is about self defense. Just because someone died does not mean you do not explore how the fight started. I am well aware who the victim is, I actually think there were two victims in this tragedy.

All this testimony about GZ being passive and non confrontational makes me wonder if the state can now bring up that he actually has a violent past?

IMO

The testimony is from the witness that stated TM was in a MMA style mount.

With that style of mount the knees, leg and feet at by the waist of the person on the bottom GZ.

GZ stated that his gun was on his waist. That position does not allow the person GZ on the bottom to move his arm to his waist.

ScarlettScarpetta there is a video from the SPD that GZ give a reenactment of events.

I think that even if TM was sitting there, The length of his legs and the thinness of them would allow fro much movement while on GZ. When I see people fighting sitting on someone, The man usually sits across thighs and hips not on the stomach. I would be that GZ felt that AZ against his belly adding weight higher up. He does not know that TM has a full can of AZ in his pocket laying on him.

I believe that based on the evidence there is nothing at all that shows me that the events did not happen as GZ has said. backed up by STATES witnesses and evidence.

I really don't care for this prosecutor. He is so defensive in his questions and attitude. jmo

A bit over bearing IMO. If the defense could have brought in the texts etc he wouldn't be so testy.

I don't know how many fights you've seen in your life or even been in, but there isn't a whole lot where you tell someone that is hitting you to 'get off', especially if they have been at it for a bit, to just oblige and get off you.

I don't know why people keep referring to this as a fight...
It wasn't two guys calling each other out...
It wasn't two drunks at a bar getting into it...

This was an assault by TM...All the evidence points to GZ story being true...
GZ did nothing wrong...

This is why you never get into it with a complete stranger...
You end up screwing with the wrong guy...

IMO...

Oh my but MOM is good. Very very good. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Yes he is. He just shredded the prosecution's cross with his performance on that doll. I bet Prosecutors are sure wishing they had told him NO he couldn't use it now. LOL

All IMOO

The only reason I give credence is TM was a kid and did not know his life was at risk. Watch youtube and you will the fights that these kids get into.

The point is that he picked a fight here and it cost him his life. It fits with the evidence as per the state.

why wouldn't she have the jury go out to dinner instead of lunch?? Use the court time more wisely.

The trial is about self defense. Just because someone died does not mean you do not explore how the fight started. I am well aware who the victim is, I actually think there were two victims in this tragedy.

Yes. It's unfortunate that Martin died but I do believe Zimmerman is also a victim. I can't imagine how he must feel now that there is a possibility that he could spend 30 years or even more than that. It's a nightmare.

In this same context, we can also look at his photo of guns and other social media conversations which would lend to believe he wanted to be thought of as an adult, and a tough one at that...IMO

Here is the problem. TM has been 'baby-fied' due to how this case was in the media from the very beginning. That the idea that a 17 year old, unarmed teenager who was in fit condition could not harm/kill someone else simply because he was 17 or unarmed is fallacy to me. The idea that this 17 year old could not have acted out against that 'creepy white ****' and threw the first punch simply because he's a 'kid' is also fallacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member