George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to "throw the book" at George in the beginning, only having heard sounds bites. After watching the trial, there is too much reasonable doubt for a conviction of manslaughter let alone M2, and believe it was self defense on the part of George. Carter's testimony sealed the deal for me.

Me too. I think my exact words on a post were "lock him up and throw away the key." Then after the case started I changed to "well, I still want him to go to jail but I don't know if the law will agree with me" and now I think it was absolutely self-defense and he should be acquitted. I have never had such a complete change of opinion about any case. MOO

Wonder why she cares where they were sitting? That counsel should have known they were there due to proximity?

Just a guess but I read something about a reporter that was going to be questioned and who did sit through the whole case, AFAIK. The reporter was KB. ALL JMO...re: who the judge might be looking into.

I'm glad that the Defense was able to establish " Profiling" with the sweet Bertalan woman..altho she may be impeached...still the Jury heard her. IMO

I am not sure that the jurors will see it as profiling. They may look at it through their own experiences as common sense. If there was a recent home invasion in the complex, and the cops believed the perps lived inside the complex, and they were young african american males, than it adds credence to GZ's suspicions and his fears for his own wife who is sometimes home alone. JMO

Shoot, the guy could have watched it at home just like us. so what difference does it make? imo

No. He parked got out and walked down the sidewalk. At some point after that the dispatcher says.. ARe you following him? We don't need you to do that. He says okay.

HE IS Still close to the sidewalk he was on before. He did not go looking for TM who was AT HIS FATHER'S HOUSE according to his own words to RJ.

GZ did not move anymore.. TM Did.

The bolded by me is incorrect.

According to the walk through with LE the day after the shooting Zimmerman says that he did in fact continue walking to the next street over to find an address to give to the dispatcher after being told "we don't need you to do that." Zimmerman continued walking, he did not stand still, he did not "not move anymore".

Awesome.
Although I don't think it would have mattered to the jury much. I think she did a lot of research last night and when she had time today.

Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
Nelson denies motion, Donnelly's testimony won't be struck.

Some rulings are finally going to the defense.

Wow, state just took it on the chin again.

I didn't know the sequestration rule was so vague!! Definitely leaves it wide open...

Does the defense team have a little stool to stand on when they approach the judge?
Just noticed two of them stepping up?????

IMO

It's interesting to me how "very, very, very concerned" JN is about alleged violations of rule of sequestration by defense, but didn't seemed concerned at all about proven discovery violation by the state (re TM's deleted cell phone data).

I suspect Judge Nelson realizes now, watching her interact with West, how gravely she overreacted before and what that looked like to the onlookers.

IMHO

And Can I ask what was Donnelly's entire testimony?

I have to say I am basically on the not Guilty ramp because the STATE put me there not because of the defense witnesses so for me it would not matter what they do with this guy.

He is Physician Assistant (retired?) A lot was from his experience in the Service as to who one can recognize their fellow servicemen when they have been wounded in action. Also he purchased the clothes that GZ is wearing to court, made donations to his defense fund and he and his wife took food to the family.

He seemed to be a nice person and he was emotional when talking about his service experience.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member