George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct. He didn't need to go home but he did need to keep his fists to himself. imo

Not if he was assaulted first. GZ didn't need to answer TM when they came face to face. GZ could have simply walked away or said he was looking for a address, like he claimed he was.

I hope the jury will know that George could get 30 years if convicted of manslaughter. And you know this judge will give him the max sentence IMO. Please be strong, ladies of the jury.

They won't know if they're following the admonition.

I agree with your post. I believe a person has a right to defend themselves and to own a gun, carrying it to the store???? This is a loaded gun being concealed... It's a deadly weapon.

Some of you seem to have an issue with CCW laws which is an entirely seperate debate. The fact of the matter is it's legal today and should have no bearing on this case. He was allowed to carry his gun, loaded. That's the point of the permit.

Impossible to keep up with this thread today. I take back anything I said about Judge Stephens. Much rather have a Judge like her than the woman presiding over this trial. What a disgrace.

IMO.

I'll admit, I never thought I would see the day, that a large number of posters on this forum, most of whom have long always sided with the prosecution in many trials, side and argue for the defense in this case. There are posters on this forum that actually agree with defense lawyer talking heads.

Hell must have froze over.

These "people" are the ones I would want on my jury if I were charged with a crime. These people have a mind of their own, they weight the evidence, then use their common sense. They aren't swayed by what's "popular" and they know what circumstantial evidence is. Just because charges are brought against someone doesn't mean there's guilt. Especially in this case, where everybody knew there was no evidence to charge, but did it to appease a group of people. I call that a crime! Maybe they should be brought up on charges.

Doesn't matter, he was doing nothing wrong and simply walking through the neighborhood, isn't just hanging out, then he ran, twice. Doesn't matter what TM was doing, this is all GZ's assumptions based on his OWN feelings, again, feelings are a emotion and emotions are hard to keep out of a trial. :twocents:

And neither was GZ. TM was doing nothing wrong until he went up and punched GZ.

And can I say how awesome it is to hear my argument in court?? :)

And GZ had the right to get out of his car and walk around in HIS NEIGHBORHOOD where HE is part of the neighborhood watch without being attacked! IMO.

Yes, he did have that right but again, why did he, GZ, get out of his car in the rain and yet thought it was "suspicious" that TM wasn't trying to get out of the rain. So, it's ok for GZ to do it but looks suspicious if TM did it. :twocents:

Taht picture at the top is not an accurate picture. It is a falacy..

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-M...an-Trayvon-Martin-Gated-Communities-and-Fear/

That is a map that shows the entire area. And one that is not someone's story of what happened.

GZ was walking across on that sidewalk and when he got back to the T, Tm sees him.. Evidence says TM confronts GZ from the states case, and according to GZ account.

The fight ensues

The thanks button wasn't enough. The disinformation being spread about this case is appalling. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Another thought....lately people seem to be grasping at straws when trying to find GZ guilty of something and the latest thing is just "Well he got out of the car!!!".

After watching GZ and hearing from his neighbors I think it is obvious WHY he got out of the car. He is a classic quiet "pleaser" personality. He was buying a lock for his neighbor, offering to let her come over and saying his wife would go shopping with her, volunteering to help out the neighbors with the watch program etc....

The 911 operator kept asking him to "just let me know if he does anything" which put George into the "pleaser" mode, he wanted to provide answers and help in any way he could. The operator was ASKING for his assistance. IMO.

Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything ok
Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?
Dispatcher: Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.
Zimmerman: Okay.

Not if he was assaulted first. GZ didn't need to answer TM when they came face to face. GZ could have simply walked away or said he was looking for a address, like he claimed he was.

I am not sure what to say..

SO GZ was not allowed to answer back but TM who spoke first was justified?

Once the person speaks first, They have initiated contact and started the event.

I hope the jury will know that George could get 30 years if convicted of manslaughter. And you know this judge will give him the max sentence IMO. Please be strong, ladies of the jury.

No worries, every possible penalty is written out in minute detail on a set of Jury Instructions the Judge gives the Jury when they convene to deliberate. Sometimes there is up to 30 pages of explanations for the Jury.
I'm confident that at least some of the Jury will realize who is at fault.IMO

Taht picture at the top is not an accurate picture. It is a falacy..

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-M...an-Trayvon-Martin-Gated-Communities-and-Fear/

That is a map that shows the entire area. And one that is not someone's story of what happened.

GZ was walking across on that sidewalk and when he got back to the T, Tm sees him.. Evidence says TM confronts GZ from the states case, and according to GZ account.

The fight ensues

The diagrams are accurate. There is no way Trayvon drags his body half way down the dog path..

3e4cf69e9f18c979b06257319d525760_zpsa8718c89.jpg

IIRC Florida tried a 12 year old (Lionel Tate) as an adult and imprisoned him on a first degree murder charge but considers a 17 year old punching someone a child?

Great Point. Thank You.

Mantei basically said in so many words that their entire case basically hinges on one witness (RJ).

Well after this sham of a trial I am pretty sure most gun owners know what to say now!

"I was in fear for my life and I want an attorney" and not one word more!

IMO. Forget about being honest and helpful!

Isn't THAT the truth?! His being honest with the cops, trusting them, and giving multiple interviews certainly did come back to slap him big-time didn't it? I used almost your exact words in a conversation about this with my SO a couple nights ago about talking with cops once you've been taken to the station. Quite the lesson learned as a result of watching this trial.

Are there any legal professionals who can explain how the pros. could add a charge now? Wouldn't this potentially have changed the defense's arguments, etc? How do you defend/have a fair trial against a charge added at the last minute?

I agree with your post. I believe a person has a right to defend themselves and to own a gun, carrying it to the store???? This is a loaded gun being concealed... It's a deadly weapon.

Unloaded guns aren't very useful. Crime can happen anywhere. I carry my gun to the grocery store ALL the time. My local Target was robbed at gunpoint a year ago - and I live in a very safe neighborhood.

Loaded guns are allowed to be carries, and concealed. Some states have an Open carry law. You can strap that thing on your hip.

Mantei basically said in so many words that their entire case basically hinges on one witness (RJ).

Yes. Which means that there's plenty of reasonable doubt. MOO.

The diagrams are accurate. There is no way Trayvon drags his body half way down the dog path..

3e4cf69e9f18c979b06257319d525760_zpsa8718c89.jpg

Complete falsehood.

TM said he was home and at his daddys porch..

If we are going to disagree it helps if people stick to that facts in evidence.

Following someone is not against the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor