George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made several posts in which I said the prosecution and defense had reversed roles in this trial. The defense has a theory of what happened and the prosecution tries to raise doubt. About the exact opposite of a typical trial IMO.

Another example of role reversal is that I find myself agreeing with Mark Geragos. Last night on CNN's Anderson Cooper show, Geragos said: "The prosecution is doing what defense lawyers do often which is trying to stake out a possibility because the evidence is so heavily weighted against them."

Geragos also said the prosecution has "conceded reasonable doubt."

There is absolutely no proof that there was an unprovoked attack.

IMO, folks are missing my point: If GZ had not armed himself that night he would not have had a false sense of security which likely motivated his running after TM.

We can disagree but if GZ was walking vs. running, he would not have been short of breath.

I find it incredible that anyone would believe a word of what GZ has to say. He is a known liar and manipulator of the truth. I have given evidence to that before so, IMO, there is no need to do it again.

The only story here is GZ's and I do not believe him at all. JMO.

HA. NO.. But I used to as a kid!
I found a great recipe. Heavy and dense and moist!.. PM me if you want it!!

So good!

O/T

Pound cake, reminds me of a reference in 11/22/63 (Stephen King). You'd have to read to book to know what I'm talking about. :)

She doesn't like Don West, you can just tell. Her tone with him is completely different from anyone else. She just now made a little snip about this nonsense about caps/no caps about GZ's name.

I really think they would be best at this point to keep West in the position of consult at the table for O'Mara. He is a lightening rod for the judge's inappropriate crankiness, and that can't play well in front of the jury.

Zimmerman is guilty of killing another person and of course is going to claim self defense.
He provoked and initiated a confrontation, assault, and murder2 due to his anxiety and paranoia. Zimmerman's story has changed from his police station interviews, his react meant and testimony from friends as to what he told them, on everything crucial to his case. Including placement of his weapon, (behind his back) which hand he uses (left). Changing to fit what 'he' says took place.
I believe he could not swing at Martin because his gun was drawn and the pulled the slide back to load a hallowpoint bullet into the chamber ready to fire and kill an *******.
I believe the scuffle was a fight over the gun and although Martin was at one point on top was yelling as he tried to keep the gun from pointing at him.
I believe Zimmerman's actions that night of trailing Martin with no probable cause, his prescription regimen, insecurity complex, MMA training, past violent behavior, rejection of his law enforcement bids, impulsiveness from his adhd and prejudice against young black youth predicated and provoked a teenager to have to defend himself and was killed in that process.

I do not feel pity or compassion for a man who carries and shoots a loaded weapon at random, shattering this family into pieces and causing racial discourse nationwide. none.

OMO

UBM

Nor do I....PLUS knowing how much money GZ, friends and family have made off this killing is disgraceful and sickening!!!!

We have seen that both Zimmerman and his Wife are accused of
D I S H O N E S T Y in trying to cover up thousands of dollars in their PayPal accounts , displaying shady characters, to say the least.IMO

I, my family , friends and neighbors are praying Zimmerman will be compelled to face the consequences of killing an unarmed child, after profiling him. IMO

We pray also for peace in the hearts of Trayvon Benjamin Martin's family and friends. IMO

IMO, folks are missing my point: If GZ had not armed himself that night he would not have had a false sense of security which likely motivated his running after TM.

We can disagree but if GZ was walking vs. running, he would not have been short of breath.

I find it incredible that anyone would believe a word of what GZ has to say. He is a known liar and manipulator of the truth. I have given evidence to that before so, IMO, there is no need to do it again.

You don't have to have proof. You just have to have it be a reasonable scenario based on the evidence.

IMHO

His foolishness resulted in the death of a young person minding his own business. He has a right to carry, not to use especially if he provokes the attack on his person or causing another to have to defend themselves. He is legally responsible. He chose self defense as the only possible defense left to him after 1) I didn't do it 2) SYG

That is not proven by the evidence and in fact it shows that TM who was home at minding his own business, Then went back out and entered into an altercation with GZ.

There is no evidence that shows anyone by TM started the events in motion. According to state witness Rachel Jeantel's testimony.

His foolishness resulted in the death of a young person minding his own business. He has a right to carry, not to use especially if he provokes the attack on his person or causing another to have to defend themselves. He is legally responsible. He chose self defense as the only possible defense left to him after 1) I didn't do it 2) SYG

George Zimmerman never claimed he "didn't do it" and he never invoked the SYG law. In fact, he specifically waived the SYG hearing and has always claimed straight up self-defense. And he cooperated fully, at every step of the investigation.

You don't have to have proof. You just have to have it be a reasonable scenario based on the evidence.

IMHO

and the fact that the prosecution yesterday was bringing up how it was possible this happened, that happened, etc. serves to show that THEY do not know exactly what happened beyond a reasonable doubt IMO

It was reported by WJTV that the jurors' chairs had letters on them this morning asking if they wanted to be interviewed by the media after the verdict was announced. Does anyone else think this is prejudicial? I believe it is! It places fear in the jurors minds (all females) BEFORE they deliberate and announce a verdict. Why not wait and ask them after they announce that they have a verdict? A bailiff could hand out the letters IN THE JURY ROOM and have them decide then without it affecting their verdict....

BBM

The key to this case that most of us do not believe the state has in any way proved that GZ 'provoked' anything.

You're also incorrect on the 'I didn't do it' notation. He owned up to what he did as soon as the event happened. He's never backed down from that, never backed down from any interview, truth test, etc.

2nd degree
felony 3rd degree
manslaughter

IIRC

Third degree punishment:

If convicted of Third Degree Murder, a judge is required to impose a minimum prison sentence of 10⅓ years in prison and can impose any additional combination of the following penalties:

Up to 15 years in prison.
Up to 15 years of probation.
Up to $10,000 in fines.

UBM

Nor do I....PLUS knowing how much money GZ, friends and family have made off this killing is disgraceful and sickening!!!!

D I S H O N E S T Y in trying to cover up thousands of dollars in their PayPal accounts , displaying shady characters, to say the least.IMO

I, my family , friends and neighbors are praying Zimmerman will be compelled to face the consequences of killing an unarmed child, after profiling him. IMO

We pray also for peace in the hearts of Trayvon Benjamin Martin's family and friends. IMO

Thanks Dibsy. I too hope that Zimmerman is convicted and sentenced to at least 10 years in prison for what he is charged with.

UBM

That's interesting, Dibsy, I don't know anyone who doesn't think Zimmerman is being railroaded. i think the public may be divided into "clumps" and like minded people tend to be friends with each other. My facebook friends are 100% unanimous in their postings that this trial is a farce meant to quell an angry and ill-informed group of possible rioters. I literally don't know anyone who thinks Zimmerman should be convicted, although everyone has sympathy for the grieving family.

IMHO

O/T

Pound cake, reminds me of a reference in 11/22/63 (Stephen King). You'd have to read to book to know what I'm talking about. :)

O/T I just finished reading that book last week! And lol @ pound cake :D Great read, too!

And the point is that Him being armed is not the issue. HE had a legal gun and permit to carry. That is not at all at issue.. It does not matter.

HE had the gun for years and had never ever chased down someone. Ever. The only different part of the pie that night was TM. I think it adds to the fact that TM went back looking for GZ. AS per testimony.

I don't care about anything that has nothing to do with the case in chief. The state has not proven that GZ did anything wrong in defending himself from great bodily harm possible death.

Believe me, I wish it was there. It would make this so much easier. But it is not. I wanted it to be there. I wanted to see the proof of the charges. It is just not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sara45