George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if jurors are allowed to remain anonymous?

I honestly don't know the answer to that. But the media and the gallery, etc. has been sitting there looking at them for a few weeks now. What are the chances that their identities won't be published even if they might be entitled to anonymity as a technical matter. I would say about nil. jmo

Unfair influence and/or intimidation? IDK....

What is this child abuse charge? Under 17 is a minor, certainly not a child!

This is the first time I've seen "everything but the kitchen sink" thrown out by a Prosecution team.

Everyone is entitled to a "defense". Did you think he would just walk into jail? Most do not. Self- defense was the only defense he had any chance of asserting.

The key is that was his story was self defenseminutes after the fight. He didn't even have time to think of a story, he was ready to tell what happened to the first person he saw that night.

This entire thing is making me sick. The State/prosecutor asked for Murder2. Now, since they see they aren't going to get it, they are (IMO) going to be allowed to stick in a few more charges to be SURE GZ gets jail time.

IMO, this judge will allow those charges in, and IMO that stinks. M2, or nothing.

I'm having a lot of trouble with suddenly shoving in a bunch of charge options at the end. It doesn't seem fair.

Manslaughter being in is significant. I think there could be a slim chance of a conviction for that although they explained to this point what constitutes that. Will that be in the jury instructions?

"Imo, the GZ trial has reflected an impotent attempt at persecution vs a prosecution"..

The George Zimmerman investigation was hijacked "in a number of ways" by outside forces, said the former police chief of Sanford, Florida.
Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."
When Sanford police arrived on the scene on February 26, 2012, after Zimmerman fatally shot unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, they conducted a "sound" investigation, and the evidence provided no probable cause to arrest Zimmerman at the scene, he said.

It had nothing to do with Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law, he said; from an investigative standpoint, it was purely a matter of self-defense.

CBM

Thank you very much for confirming my beliefs and those of others. Even though Chris Serino wanted to charge Zimmerman with Manslaughter IMMEDIATELY after the killing, he was not allowed to do it.

First we see the DA's office wanting this swept under the carpet...THEN when it's Ok to try the shooter...they want him to get off....Which of course means if they do manage to get him off..there are grounds for mistrial..if I was a resident of that area I'd demonstrate against the County machinations resulting in my tax dollars going toward TWO trials instead of one. IMO

They are now , in the Court Room, discussing the possibility of having the Charge of Third Degree Felony Murder, which includes Child Abuse, the killing of an underaged boy or girl after violating their rights. IMO

IMO it is going to take a courageous jury to come back with a proper (fitting the evidence or lack thereof) verdict of not guilty on all counts. The jurors may feel that their lives will be threatened by TM's supporters if they don't convict Zimmerman of something.

More carp against the wall - something has to stick, doesn't it? After all an innocent young man is dead - someone has to pay to appease part of the community, don't they?

NO, says I.

My opinion only

If they bring out that pee wee football picture of him, they might have a chance with that charge. (only with this judge) I'm just dumbfounded!

How can they NOW after the the fact charge with Child Abuse?

I honestly don't know the answer to that. But the media and the gallery, etc. has been sitting there looking at them for a few weeks now. What are the chances that their identities won't be published even if they might be entitled to anonymity as a technical matter. I would say about nil. jmo

I recall in CA the juror names were sealed for several months. I hope they do so here. No matter the verdict I would be concerned for them.

I'm having a lot of trouble with suddenly shoving in a bunch of charge options at the end. It doesn't seem fair.

Manslaughter being in is significant. I think there could be a slim chance of a conviction for that although they explained to this point what constitutes that. Will that be in the jury instructions?

I agree, manslaughter changes the entire game. I think there's a huge chance they'll get a conviction on that charge.

IMHO

I don't think there is enough evidence to convict Zimmerman. I'm not sure if I think he is innocent or not. I am irritated that he got out of his vehicle for whatever reason. It just doesn't feel right. I don't think his intentions were good once he left his vehicle. This doesn't mean that I think he started the fight or intended to shoot.

I do think if it this situation didn't happen with Trayvon that it would have happened to someone else who may be innocent that Zimmerman encountered. I just have a very strong feeling on this. I think it still may happen if he is not guilty and this story dies down.

My fear is that the jury will convict and the verdict will be overturned later but GZ will already be dead after being killed in prison. IMO MOO IMHO

I am glad the prosecution is pointing out that TM was a child and that child abuse charges apply.

ETA I don't think the judge will go for it though.

IMO

Yes it will.

Must have missed it but WAT tweeted that Judge Nelson allowed manslaughter to be option for jury?

I thought manslaughter was always on the table along with murder 2. The state asking for aggravated assault would be a new thing and I hope the judge does not allow that.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member