George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She testified that it was Trayvon! So, we are only going to believe part of her testimony, the part that might help GZ, but not the rest? IMO, not really impartial. I believe her...Trayvon RAN and told GZ to "GET OFF!" Feeling like GZ said it, is not evidence. Witness testimony and the evidence supports Trayvon telling GZ to "Get Off", which means GZ was the attacker. :moo:

There is no evidence that TM approached GZ. Why would he? He was the one running, trying to get away. Doesn't make sense. The person doing the chasing was GZ. The evidence supports it. :twocents:

MOO

She testified that she was in the bathroom on the bluetooth doing her hair at the time. She said she heard a bump ( TM hitting GZ? I think) and then get off get off.. I think that was GZ. It makes more sense.

ETA: Yes. This is what Juries do. Take all the evidence and facts what is credible and what to apply to the case and what they do not believe is credible and what to toss out.

I was watching the trial so I am fully aware that MOM blew away the theory that GZ couldn't have reached his gun. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Notice that MOM did not state all the possibilities which includes the altercation stopping and TM letting GZ up and GZ pulling his gun and shooting.

But Linda, you are saying you would call police and yet you are assuming the police did not do their job in Sanford, Florida. Once you are a crime victim it changes your perception. Law abiding citizens don't carry weapons to do harm. They carry them to protect themselves from those who want to do them harm.

This case wasn't even taken before a grand jury for an indictment. It was charged for political reasons.

I've been a crime victim. Believe me, you wouldn't want to arm me. I'd be way over zealous.

I want to thank you for the pictures you posted and the mentioning of recoil - there was indeed a rectangular shaped mark on GZ's nose when his picture was taken at the police station. IMO.

It wasn't me who posted those. I would love to take credit but I don't know how to post pics...:blushing:

I'm biased, admittedly. I am speaking from the perspective of a mother of a black, tall, lanky 15 year old boy that often walks to the store.
My biggest fear right now is the thought of an armed wanna-be profiling my kid and chasing him through the streets of his neighborhood.

Just curious, if your son was being chased close to home, would he run as fast as he could to get into the house, or would he face the follower? You know your son: if he likes to fist-fight and has started fights in the past, would he punch the follower in the nose? IMO

How did GZ know that no one videoed the event out of one of their windows? Common sense tells me that GZ would have no way of knowing that fact. MOO.

Sort of OT: I am often irritated by people's rudeness in the use of their cell phones in public places. On the other hand, I think cell phone video capabilities have and will contribute to people behaving much better in public spaces now that they know they could end up immortalized on YouTube for all eternity.

He probably had felt it while he was on top of GZ beating him up and then saw it..

Bill Sheaffer just made a good point: A prosecutor doesn't raise questions. A prosecutor answers questions. He said (paraphrasing) that De la Rionda is raising a lot of questions, but not providing answers.

Bill Sheaffer feels it's a weak closing argument. I agree.

Kathy Belich tweeted that juror B29 isn't making eye contact with De la Rionda.

http://www.wftv.com/s/zimmerman-livestream/

They made a lot of comments during CA trial and we all know how that turned out!!

Nothing matters except what the jury decides.

JMO

TM could see good enough to strike GZ in the face. MOO.

Yup...and gertting out of a car while in possession of a firearm looking for someone who you (and you alone) have deemed suspicious is a recipe for disaster, IMO. For someone who supposedly was so gungho LE, you would think he would have stayed in the car when directed to. And I know that the dispatcher was a civilian...but he spoke for LE when he said, "We don't need you to do that."
You are confusing recipes with law.
Look at it through the eyes of the LAW and see what you come up with.

IMO

Must admit when I read that HERE I felt better. Pictured his father going out to see what the commotion was all about and, you get the picture. Agree with what you said, disturbing.

IMO you should do some research on Trayvon Martin's father's concern when Trayvon did not return home after he, his Dad, got home late that night after going out to dinner.
And find out that first thing in the AM he called the PD to report his son not coming home "but I know it has not been 24 hours yet", that he had been missing.

IMO, Have some compassion for what his dad has been going through and of course he didn't go out to see the commotion, he was not home!!

Wow. He should become a rich man for shooting an unarmed teenager?

IMO
When people say things like GZ shouldn't be on trial I get very offended. Simply because we have a justice system in country for matters just like this. I'm in not sorry that GZ is on trail to see if a jury of his peers believe he acted in self defense. GZ has no more rights then TM. TM may have been defending himself when that altercation took place. GZ is the only one who can claim self defense. Why should we believe him?

The fact is that TM wasn't doing anything that night but walking home. It's a scary world if you are suspicious of every you black male you see in your neighborhood. For those of you who point to the break ins, so what? TM didn't have anything to do with those break ins. So did TM have to pay for those men who did the home invasions? Those of you that think its ok to be suspicious of young black men because a young black man was robbing house don't seem to get it. It is profiling. Do you think all you black men rob people? Fear breeds hate.

I say all that to say that whether it was self defense or not. The way this whole thing started was wrong. GZ was wrong. TM wasn't robbing his neighborhood. So no reason to legally follow him in the first place. For some of you I get that you probably will never understand. When you go to a retail mall and are followed around the store for fear you may steal something, maybe you will understand. It happens every day. And it is wrong.

TM was walking home. He shouldn't have died because of fear. He couldn't change what he looked like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you been watching the trial? Serious question. I don't think anyone who has watched the trial would say TM died because of fear imo. He died because he attacked a person who defended themselves with a gun. Profiling is a good thing and GZ was right in this case imo. TM did have drugs in his system and TM was up to no good, because he attacked GZ. imo.

She testified that she was in the bathroom on the bluetooth doing her hair at the time. She said she heard a bump ( TM hitting GZ? I think) and then get off get off.. I think that was GZ. It makes more sense.

ETA: Yes. This is what Juries do. Take all the evidence and facts what is credible and what to apply to the case and what they do not believe is credible and what to toss out.

Did she testify that she just hear someone say "get off, get off." or did she specifically say it was TM?

BBM I agree with your words that I bolded. In my heart, and perhaps in yours (if you're a mom), we know our kids (in my case, son). I believe TM's mother knew her son, she knew her son liked to fist-fight, and I believe in her heart she wishes TM had not started that fight that night, because it ended in his death.

SF did not want to answer honestly on the stand when asked if she was hopeful that TM's own actions didn't have anything to do with his death.

She knew. If it were my son and the evidence showed what I knew in my heart, that he had started that fight, I would accept the verdict of not guilty for GZ. Would you? All is MOO.
I can't speak for her as I don't know her. I would never presume to know what "she knew". Sorry.

This closing argument is so shallow, it should have a NO DIVING sign. If I was on that jury, I wouldn't make eye contact either...IMO.

"And he didn't even steal the skittles!"....smh

He killed the eye witness to what? Following him. That's not against the law. MOO.

When was the last time you were followed at night by some guy you didn't know? Would that scare you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member