George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply not true. The defense does not have to prove anything! Nothing at all. The State has the entire burden. The state MUST prove beyond a reasonable doubt the GZ did NOT act in Self Defense, and also that he acted in accordance with 2nd Degree Murder or Manslaughter.

IMO

The state clearly proved that GZ killed Trayvon, since he admitted it. The defense needs to show how it was justified.

So there is the picture I was talking about. Martin looks pretty fit in that picture.

The adolescent brain is still developing and their reasoning skills differ from those of an adult brain. Adolescents tend to act more on impulse.

This is very true. I am taking a class on child development this summer and brain development/research is a huge part of the course.

Especially with adolescents. That frontal lobe/executive function area is not fully myelinized yet. They are impulsive. when they are afraid, they try to act like they aren't. They might smart off to someone trying to assert authority on them, especially when that person is not officially in a position of authority.

So that could very well explain TM not running home scared. especially since he had every right to be there. Teens are all about "that's not FAIR!".

But why did GZ act like he did? was it the Adderall and other meds? He sure wasn't an impulsive adolescent. The police were on the way. He was told to stay in the car and let them handle it. TM didn't pull GZ from his car and begin beating him, did he? It's just puzzling.

MOM has no personality. I thought he would be more dramatic with important points. It is all one big fruit salad right now. IMO

IMO, Gentle persuasion, sacrablue... A non emotional Jury will be rational, and will reach a just conclusion based on the facts and evidence presented, imo..
MOM's closing is brilliant, imo..

No they don't. You may want to research this.

The defense has to prove nothing.

This is a problem with the American public, a lack of knowledge of where the burden of proof falls in the court room. It falls entirely on the state.

IMHO

I agree; there seems to be a lot of opinion which is fine but that is not the law. It is the prosecution's burden and the defense does not even have to put on any evidence if they don't wish to.

And prosecution did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ committed the crimes he is charged with based on the LAW

TM didn't have any injuries.

Except the bullet in his chest.

Do I really need a link for this, or do we all accept that GZ shot this kid to death? (that's not snark, I'm actually curious about this, because I've spoken to people who think GZ didn't kill TM even though that's never been in question).

He could have shot, the gun recoils.
60d5b83cb7ba49f0743f577412a109a1_zps2c08cf73.jpg

hard and slams any part of the gun into his face. Not unlikely. Very possible. Explains tons of evidence of no DNA, no skin under nails, injuries but none on Trayvons hands.

Recoil
how owuld you position them that GM's hand would be right in front of his nose, but the GSW hit TM in the chest?

<modsnip>..... You do not have to allow some to cause you life threatening injuries before you defend yourself. The fact that they are attacking you is reason to stop the attack immediately. Not wait for MORE injuries.

Someone needs to put this in their signature.:floorlaugh:

Did the Martin's just leave? I would have a problem looking at that mock-up too. Very life-like -

IMHO

'Could have, I think, maybe' are not enough to convict a man of murder. Since when did speculation become sufficient to convict a man?

imo.

That proves nothing. That could just prove that GZ chose the wrong person to confront.

Except there is no evidence that supports this. OMO

STATE WITNESS RACHEL JEANTEL STATED that TM CONFRONTED/ spoke to GZ FIRST.

Evidence.

No other option when you got a gun in your pants. Did I just hear this??
IMO

No but Rj said she heard it start. Right after TM went up and questioned GZ. Right after he calls him an epithet.

Yes but we don't know much after that, even the eye witnesses could not make out details. I'm going to quote a over used word here and say "it's not against the law" for TM to ask why he's being followed".

When the defense has a slideshow presentation of most of the prosecution's own witnesses...That doesn't bode well for the prosecution IMO.

IMO

Well they didn't exactly have any of their own did they? Except family members/friends who said of course that is George screaming...

IMO

Others have called it "painful" and likened it to being kicked by a mule.
I posted the links previously as did others.
Also, he shot with his right, non dominant hand making it harder to control while struggling to "get a shot".

I thanked your post because you bring up an interesting point. So was GZ's blood found on the gun? Residue found on his face? Part of the testimony?

Or, is this far fetched conjecture?

IMO

Except the bullet in his chest.

Do I really need a link for this, or do we all accept that GZ shot this kid to death? (that's not snark, I'm actually curious about this, because I've spoken to people who think GZ didn't kill TM even though that's never been in question).

The GSW was obviously the last 'blow' in this altercation which means GZs injuries precipitated the GSW.

Is there any evidence (direct or circumstantial) to support GZ attacking TM first? If not, the state has failed to prove it's case.

4 minutes of silences says no, that TM was in great bodily fear. Even if you believe every single word of RJ, that evidence does not lend to the fact that TM was in fear.

Fight or flight....

You can be in fear and FIGHT, like a purcupine fish and puff yourself up to scare the predator or you can FLIGHT---like a gazelle running away from the lion.

IMO, TM was a porcupine fish....

The point is, it is JUST as possible that TM was very afraid AND talking tough to RJ.

I've mentioned before that as a child (12) alone at home a burglar broke in our house.

I was a porcupine fish, so I identify with TM in that way.

I actually confronted the burglar and screamed at him to GET OUT!

I can also tell you I was terrified!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member