George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a google search of credible polls approximately 70 to 80% of informed folks are leaning towards an acquittal.. Up until the trial began, I relied solely on ms media reports. Now that I have followed the trial and researched the info disallowed by Judge Nelson, etc.. The State's agenda seems very obvious, imo. This trial has been an intended persecution rather than an impartial prosecution, imo. Lady Liberty has a river of tears in her eyes...imo

Seems, the only person that provided concrete evidence(pun intended) in this trial was MOM..

I would vote for acquittal of George Zimmerman, without hesitation or reservation..

Yesterday, I decided to watch MSNBC, to see what they were saying about the trial. I had only previously watched the HLN evening shows.

I happened to catch part of Sharptons show. He had on 4 guests, one of them being Marcia Clark. All 4 guests thought GZ was guilty and would be convicted. I wondered what trial they were watching (IMO). I can totally see how people not following the trial could think one way or the other, depending on what news sources you follow.

I am going with hung jury, because this case is a mess. IMO

Hi New! It's good to see you! :seeya:

I agree wholeheartedly with your post.

If I may bounce off your post: IIRC, according to FL law, GZ's injuries didn't have to be life-threatening for GZ to fear great bodily harm or death. According to FL law, GZ only had to fear imminent great bodily harm or death in order to use deadly force to defend himself.

MOO

The whole altercation took all of a couple of minutes. It means within SECONDS of getting into a fight, GZ shot to kill TM. How IMMINENT was death when you first begin grappling with an UNARMED person??:twocents::twocents::twocents:

It never came out--- but I was waiting to hear if the community had signs out stating there was a NW...if not they should have. IMO

It did come out. They did have signs posted. A picture was shown of the sign that was in close proximity to where the killing took place. I believe GZ would have walked passed it as he was searching for an address like he stated.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 15m
@marcusdnice "@DanaChaabanWFTV After jury instructions read, jury deliberates, alternates dismissed, won't join final 6 #zimmermanon9

WOW - they are dismissed?? What happens if something happens with the 6 deliberating?

IMO

We saw this in the Scott Peterson case, I believe. If they begin deliberating and one has to stop, they have to begin deliberations all over again. I think we'll have a verdict by the end of the business day so it seems unlikely any will have to discontinue deliberating. IMHO

Very interesting question, though, Justice.

Question for Tricia and the Mods -- What happens when the State rests and this goes to the Jury? What happens when the verdict comes out?

All threads stay closed forever and if we want to discuss the verdict we have to find someplace else to do it?

Not being Snarky -- serious question.

While the jury deliberates we will leave the threads up for the day if we have the mod power to monitor the thread

Basically it all depends. If the jury deliberates all weekend we don't have the mod power to leave the thread open that long. However we will do our best to leave a thread open when we can so you can discuss while you wait.

After the verdict is read we will leave the thread open for discussion for a limited time.

Sorry I can't be more specific. It depends on how long the jury is out and how many mods we have on the forum. And how the posters are behaving.

If most are being jerks then we won't waste our time and close the thread and move on.

Normally we do not do this. . How we are handling this case is really unusual.

No other case on the forum brings out the problems like this case. We literally have to have a mod sitting on the thread the whole time it is open to prevent the forum from exploding.

All of our other cases do not require this type of babysitting.

So in answer to your questions everything depends on the jury, how long they are out, if they are a hung jury, and how posters are behaving. The outcome of these questions will determine what we will do from this point forward.

At the movies but listening to jury instructions.

Sounds good and fair to me

Cause maybe she knows the jury will not be able to retain that much legalese anyway. That is why they have a copy with them during deliberation. MO

Some folks are more auditory, therefore, IMO, I think it's important for her to read slowly so that every juror can hear & understand exactly what she's saying.

Jury instructions are extremely important, and deserve to be comprehended in every way, so that justice may be served.

I've followed many trials, and have never heard any judge read through the jury instructions in the rapid, stumbling manner in which this judge is reading.

MOO

You're both wrong. We would have been here much sooner as in either case GZ would have been locked up immediately and the key thrown away. IMO

IMO you are wrong. We would of never been here, we would of never heard about this case. IMO

But that's not the only factor in this case.

He was not just a kid, walking home from the store or screwing off outside at dinner time talking to his girl.

And note, this didn't take place in the dead of night, this was DINNER TIME. Many people had only just finished getting home from work. Prime time TV hadn't even begun yet. It was early enough that had it not been drizzling there would have likely been little kids still out playing or heading home from their friend's houses.

But it wasn't some white teen in a letterman jacket, it was a black kid in a hoodie. Had it been me or most of the people posting here, I would have made it home just fine. Zimmerman wouldn't have batted an eye, he wouldn't have called 911, and he certainly wouldn't have followed me for blocks before getting out of his car to pursue me on foot.

And if he had, and events had played out exactly as they did with Martin, I suspect that not a single person here would be leaping to Zimmerman's defense. No one would casually asume that the middle aged white guy (me)suddenly went on a murderous rampage that could only be stopped with a gun. They would demand to know why I was being followed, and they would want some proof that I had gone freaking mental and attacked the person I had just finished fleeing from.

But I am not Martin. Actions that are completely fine and safe and above suspicion for me, were lethal for this teen. Assumptions that NO ONE would make in my case -- that I sucker punched people, told them I was going to murder them, and that I punched them dozens and dozens of times while beating their head into jello -- are accepted as gospel when the victim was Trayvon Martin.

IMO

Thud...an unarmed teenager minding his own business ends up dead after walking to the store, isn't a victim?

Completely speechless.

An

Trayvon is a victim, pure and simple. He is not here to defend himself, or tell his side of the story. George Zimmerman is a proven liar (IMO). I pray that the jury receives the wisdom to make the right decision in this case. Justice for Trayvon is long overdue.

They are instructed NOT TO by LE. iirc.

Well if that's the case they probably shouldn't follow them with a gun either.

I just think having everyone report to NW who is visiting their home is not realistic.

Either way, regardless of verdict. Zimmerman will never be free and will have to spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder and in fear.
Justice for Travon either way.

All IMO

He shouldn't have to!!

I think dismissed was the wrong word. They are probably dismissed from deliberating like in the JA trial but will be left on call in case one of the deliberating jurors falls out.

I think once deliberations begin, that's it. An alternate cannot step into ongoing deliberations. Once the jury is charged the alternates get to go home. Any jury problems after that result in a mistrial.

Yesterday, I decided to watch MSNBC, to see what they were saying about the trial. I had only previously watched the HLN evening shows.

I happened to catch part of Sharptons show. He had on 4 guests, one of them being Marcia Clark. All 4 guests thought GZ was guilty and would be convicted. I wondered what trial they were watching (IMO). I can totally see how people not following the trial could think one way or the other, depending on what news sources you follow.

I have not watched any TV about this case, just watched the streaming trial and I think he is guilty. Which is obviously completely at odds with most others on this thread, who have also been watching the trial.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether you are watching TV or the trial. I think it has a lot more with ones upbringing, background, living circumstances, experiences.

Just my opinion.

Either way, regardless of verdict. Zimmerman will never be free and will have to spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder and in fear.
Justice for Travon either way.

All IMO

He can be free. God will protect him. If these hysterical mobs want to murder him then they need to be locked up.

In my opinion.

I've shot that type of gun before, it doesn't kick much. Even a 10 gauge shotgun or a 30-06 wouldn't do that much damage to his nose, mouth, and the back of his head. I've seen recoil injuries. They don't cover the entire face and back of head!

:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:MOO

You have shot this gun with someone moving your arms and elbows that others have cited "kicks like a mule" and "not for women" while on your back with your head level to the ground over a metal and cement water cover? Interesting.

I think once deliberations begin, that's it. An alternate cannot step into ongoing deliberations. Once the jury is charged the alternates get to go home. Any jury problems after that result in a mistrial.

Oh thanks. I guess it's different in FL, that seems dangerous! If just one drops out for any reason they have to start everything over?

Remember strawberry shortcake, or whatever her name was that was put into the Peterson jury after that one guy who had served as foreman was removed?

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member