George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
child child child kid kid kid blah blah blah...... call him what he was a teenager, a grown young man, late teens etc.

NOT an innocent little kid walking home from the store with skittles.

JMO

Who used the racial epithet Guy? MOO.

I'd like to believe that I am a compassionate girl and care very much about my fellow beings but after this case I doubt I'll want to be part of any neighbourhood watch. And God help me if I have to use force to defend myself.

Imo.

Being part of a neighborhood watch is a good thing. When you don't follow the rules and your are the captain, that's the problem. The rule in GZ's neighborhood was not to follow. Report it to LE and let them do their job.

What exactly is this rebutting? T backed off Z? Mark did not say anything about that.

IMO

But but, Mr. Guy, that's not what you said in opening statements. You said GZ was on top and pushed his gun into TM.

Here in the United States it's okay to shoot someone who punches your nose and hits your head on the concrete. Self-defense.

IMO.

Yes, it is so much better than being required to allow another person to beat you to death.

MOO:twocents:

I'd like to believe that I am a compassionate girl and care very much about my fellow beings but after this case I doubt I'll want to be part of any neighbourhood watch. And God help me if I have to use force to defend myself.

Imo.

But if anyone has to.. god forbid..make certain between yelling for help you clearly state your name and position..JMO

Thank God MarkOM showed a picture of what the boy/child (according to the pros.) looked like around the time of the incident or the prosecution would be pulling out baby photos of TM.

I do not believe GZ went out that nite to shoot someone. I truly think he was trying to be a good citizen and protect his neighborhood. I hope he is aquitted.
I am thinking that this may end up being a hung jury, because some people may not follow the instructions of the law, and some may have come into this with their mind already made up.
I'll be glad when its over.

Yes there is. In GZ's own words, Trayvon ran. JMO

That does not mean he was afraid.. Especially coupled with the things he called GZ.

He could have been running for all kinds of reasons. Maybe it was raining harder. But the truth of the matter is there was enough time if he was running from GZ to get home and close that door.

The fact that he was AT his daddys house and then back where GZ was, Shows me that he was not scared at all.. OMO
http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-M...an-Trayvon-Martin-Gated-Communities-and-Fear/

Well, this is scaring me, if I met a 6ft hooded child in the dark i would be terribly frightened. I just don't know what your suppose to after listening to all these thing. imo

Oh, Beyond Belief, don't think like that, not very 6 ft. hooded child in the dark is out to hurt you. But, be diligent as you move through your life, be aware of your surroundings. If such a child strikes you and you are in fear of your life, run, call the cops, scream for help and fight this child with everything you have, including the lawful weapon you are CCW, if that be the case. But do not live your life in fear. IMO Peace.

GZ stopped yelling because he stopped the threat. MOO.

But but, Mr. Guy, that's not what you said in opening statements. You said GZ was on top and pushed his gun into TM.

I'm sure this jury is paying attention- they have LIVED this case for 3 weeks- no house cleaning, shopping or enjoying their families- but living this case. moo

YES he is presumed innocent! Yes, he is! This is where so many people don't understand how the court works in the United States.

It's literally called, "presumption of innocence" and it's the cornerstone of our justice system. He is presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law.

IMHO and probably you might want to research this. It's the stuff we all learned in 6th grade civics. The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

No. He is not presumed innocent when he already admitted to killing TM. He may be found guilty of manslaughter or found not guilty by reason of SD. Neither of those is "innocent". It is a fact that he killed TM.

Yes indeed, the right to defend yourself when you are in fear of your life is one of the aspects that makes the US great. IMO

I've lived in a few different countries and the US is just so great in that aspect. Sad to see values changing. If the right to bear arms and defend ourselves is taken away from us then....oh I don't even want to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties